Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Apr 3 - 9 šŸŒ•

Merry Meet!

Welcome to your weekly update about whatā€™s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Pink-Moon-Ritual-April-360x240

ā†’ Thursday, April 6

This week, the skies will shine with the beauty of a Full Moon- the moon of April is called the Full Pink Moon :hibiscus:. The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Pink Moon Ritual Page . Aprilā€™s full moon marks a time of youth and fertility and spring begins to appear in nature. As the first full moon of spring in the northern hemisphere, this moon is associated with love, relationships, unity, and youth :two_hearts:

This monthā€™s full moon is in Libra! Click here for a special Full Pink Moon Libra Tealight Candle Spell :candle: :balance_scale:

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time when the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

S3 Group Tea ritual 2023 Ostara Version

ā†’ Thursday, April 6

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This weekā€™s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Freebie Friday - 360x240

ā†’ Friday, April 7

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Free readings are held in the Energy Exchange Category every Friday. As we wait for this weekā€™s reading session to begin, you can check out the previous Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Keep track of upcoming witchy and pagan holidays by downloading and printing your copy of the 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

And for more witchy goodness (including special dates and spellwork!) delivered right to your email inbox, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever youā€™d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Sleep & Dream Magick :sleeping_bed:

Sleep Spells Dream Magick Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, April 4 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session !

spells8 book club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, April 7 .

And if you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the Readerā€™s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXV - Readersā€™ Reviews

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This monthā€™s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Sunday, April 30 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this monthā€™s birthday discussion will close on Sunday, April 30.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Friday, June 30th.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as youā€™d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@kimberly77 - @ceci - @kathryn28 - @jade12 - @sandra20 - @susan21 - @ryan7 - @samantha93 - @mo1 - @selena6 - @nicole73 - @alison11 - @v11 - @amanda107 - @penny7 - @leanda - @Emmy85 - @katee - @breyanna - @kera - @jason6 - @louise8 - @ashley102 - @eva12 - @mandy13 - @deborah22 - @rose8 - @chelsea38 - @shell - @Vermilion_plus_souls - @brenda20 - @jennifer148 - @nurtrwe - @tasha15 - @cody4 - @carmen10 - @audra2 - @kari12 - @monica16 - @kristi6 - @danielle47 - @james19 - @manndie - @alivia - @haley8 - @david16 - @yor - @toni2 - @lisa76 - @lisa77 - @brittany - @cinders - @shelley5 - @crystal70 - @jessika3 - @kristen3 - @raven9 - @joshua16 - @jonathan7 - @gg1 - @destiny15 - @kira3 - @amanda109 - @monique12 - @jessica146 - @reade - @jamie45 - @tana1 - @cassandra15

If you havenā€™t done so already, please jump in by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . You might share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say hello to your fellow magick-lovers :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Click here to learn about MMM Shout Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period. This is simply to give others a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Community

Once a month, any member who goes above and beyond for their fellow coven members day after day over the course of the entire previous month receives a Community Shout-Out.

Community Awarded users for March 2023 are:

• @Marsha - for sharing beautifully-written Zodiac birthday messages every day and for giving a warm welcome to every single new member in their introduction post

• @Amethyst - for wishing a warm welcome to every single new member in their introduction post

It takes a lot of dedication to welcome and help fellow coven members feel at home here every day- everything you do is very much appreciated! :heart:

Click here to learn about MMM Community Shout Out Awards

All those who recieve a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the CCC Badge.

As this is a difficult badge to earn (it takes a lot of dedication to welcome/share messages for fellow coven members every day over the course of the whole month!), there are no limits to how many users can receive this monthly shout-out. This badge is just a small thank you to show appreciation for the daily work these users do to make their fellow coven members feel at home :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

Weā€™d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 canā€™t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Wishing you a Blessed Full Pink Moon! :hibiscus: Will you be working any full moon magick to celebrate the occasion this week? :magic_wand:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed Be! :full_moon_with_face::sparkles:

16 Likes

Apologies for the delay with the MMM this week! We got absolutely crunched by snow overnight (winter is not letting go around here :sweat_smile:) and lost internet at the house. Iā€™m staying with my partnerā€™s family in a nearby village at the moment- fingers crossed the repair team will get the internet fixed asap! :snowflake: :signal_strength: :pray:

A big congrats to the lovely @Solasta_Amore- thanks again for all of the love you shared last week through your posts and hearts! :two_hearts:

And a big congrats to both @Marsha and @Amethyst- youā€™re both legends, as once again every Introduction post I saw had a warm and loving welcome from the two of you. Thank you both so much for all you do to make new folks feel at home! :heart:

Wishing everyone a very happy week and a wonderful full moon! :full_moon_with_face: :hibiscus: :sparkles: Blessed be!

15 Likes

Congratulations @Solasta_Amore
And thank you and congratulations to @marsha and @Amethyst

12 Likes

Congratulations @Solasta_Amore, @marsha , and @Amethyst for everything you do!

Itā€™s a four day work week. Yay!

12 Likes

Thank youuuu soooo much everyone! I am blessed for having all the love & warmth you sweet witches provide! :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart: :face_holding_back_tears: :heart:

13 Likes

Congratulations @marsha and @Amethyst :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :heart: :heart:
Love you twoo!
:sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Congratulations to @Solasta_Amore and @marsha! My fellow honorees. Hope you both have a lovely day! And thank you, Bry, for mentioning me and adding me to the MMM Shout Out Awards!

Hope you arenā€™t snowed in for too long. I hate it when the Internetā€™s out. I got really lucky this weekend, we had high winds that were ripping the roof off of a local town hall but I didnā€™t lose power or internet. So thatā€™s good.

@Ostara enjoy your four-day workweek! Sounds like youā€™ll get a day of fun!

I went to that doctorā€™s appointment on Friday in the wind and the rain and the traffic. Got there and my regular doctorā€™s office had written down the wrong appointment. Instead of it being 3/31 itā€™s 7/31. Sigh. So Iā€™ve got more time to worry about this tremor in my hand. Oh well. I got Arbyā€™s for dinner so thatā€™s good. LOL!

No big plans for the rest of this month, I donā€™t have any doctor appointments! YAY! I can stay in my hobbit hole this month. LOL! I do have someone visiting today to help me keep my worker but I donā€™t see anything going wrong with that.

So this week is going to be a good one! I hope yours is too!

11 Likes

I feel itā€™s going to be a beautiful new week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Congratulations @Solasta_Amore, @marsha and @Amethyst, youā€™re all amazing :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

I have no idea what this week will hold and that is terrifying.
Got my therapy appointment out of the way this morning. The plan is to start standing in front of the door for a few minutes every day for a week and then a few steps outside then same
I have to call to set up in home physical therapy which I imagine they will want to start as soon as possible and my husband and older son do not understand the concept of pick up as you go and pretty much every toy my 4 year old has played with is sitting right where he left it. I put away more than I could do last night but it isnā€™t close to me wanting anyone to see it, mainly the living room. Iā€™m sure it isnā€™t as bad as my OCD thinks it is but still
I got a call this morning confirming my in home blood draw for tomorrow morning, an appointment I didnā€™t know I had. Now I have to get my Dr to put in a new referral to get another appointment
There isnā€™t much I dislike more than not knowing what Iā€™m doing until Iā€™m already doing it
Ugh

11 Likes

Happy Monday! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations to @Solasta_Amore and @marsha and @Amethyst :clap: You three definitely deserve all the shoutouts!

I have a few appointments this week, but it should be a fairly laid-back week. Iā€™m ready for some rest :rofl:

So far today weā€™ve done homeschool lessons, a bit of work, and feeding the reptiles. My daughter and I are learning Japanese! Weā€™re planning on taking a family trip in the fall of 2024 so we need to learn the language, or at least enough of it to be proficient! Bonus points because we can practice together :laughing: We just started today, so weā€™ll see how long it takes us. So far, weā€™ve gotten through the pronunciation of the vowels and writing the first kana of Hiragana - 恂 (A).

@BryWisteria ā€“ Hopefully you start to see Spring soon! I know what itā€™s like to have several feet of snow dump on you overnight :rofl: and Iā€™m really glad I donā€™t have to deal with that anymore!

@Ostara ā€“ Hooray for a short week! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you enjoy it!

@Amethyst ā€“ I hate when that happens with doctors. That happened to me in February for an ENT appointment. The person on the phone said that my appointment was on a certain day, so I assumed it was on that date in February. Turns out they meant that date of March. :joy: I had to drive into the city to go to the appointment and having it be on a wrong day is annoying.

@Nixi ā€“ Yikes, I totally understand that, though! Iā€™m such a planner and I much prefer to know what Iā€™m doing beforehand. If something changes last minute, it throws my entire day off! I have to breathe through it and try not to freak out about it :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Congratulations to @Solasta_Amore for the posts & likes over the past week! :tada: Itā€™s always so lovely to have your contributions within the forum :confetti_ball:

@Amethyst & @marsha I have to agree that you both are remarkable with your consistent contributions to the coven each day through each month! Congratulations to you both as well! :sparkler:

@BryWisteria I really hope Spring comes to stay for a while very soon for you!

@Ostara a shorter workweek is awesome! I hope you are able to fully enjoy the extra time off this week! :heart:

@Amethyst, I have had the same types of things happen over the years & I always feel the same way. So hopefully there isnā€™t anything that pops up & it can kind of be an easy week at the least for you!

@Nixi I am also such a planner & kind of a creature of habitā€¦ & lately finding the balance & flow of my days has been a little difficult, but Iā€™m getting a bit better each day. So just trying to remember that there is only so much I can do in a day along with the time available to meā€¦ easier said than done at times though :laughing:

We do have some family plans this evening, but otherwise, itā€™s kind of a regular weekā€¦ I have my regular Wednesday appointment & Friday my daughter has a dentist appointment & I believe the day off from schoolā€¦ Iā€™ll have to check that because some days that used to be half days or days off have changed one way or anotherā€¦ so she may actually have Friday & Monday off :thinking: Now I have to go look & make sure I know what is going on for Friday & Monday :rofl:

9 Likes

I still have my job interview tomorrow (online), will be interesting! :blush: It would be a completely remote position, which would be just perfect! :smile_cat:

11 Likes

@BryWisteria
Thank you :pray: for the Shout-Out Bry. Iā€™m so sorry your internet went out, I hate it when that happens! Iā€™ve come to rely on my phone and computer too much, and they both rely on the internet! I hope they can fix it quickly for you! :hugs: :hearts:

@Solasta_Amore
Congrats :partying_face: and thank you :pray: for sharing so much love and wisdom with us! I love your posts, you are such a blessing to us :love_letter:

@Amethyst
Thank you :pray: for all you share with us, itā€™s such a pleasure to have you here. :Congratulations :partying_face: on your Shout-Out! :people_hugging:

My sincere thanks :pray: and love :gift_heart: to everyone who mentioned me :revolving_hearts: @Nixi & @Ostara & @Solasta_Amore & @Amethyst & @CelestiaMoon & @MeganB & @Susurrus I hope you all have a wonderful week!

I wish :dizzy: the best possible outcome @CelestiaMoon for your interview tomorrow, keeping you in the light :candle:

This week and probably the next one too, I will be working on taxes!!! This is one task that I do not enjoy, but must be done! :roll_eyes: I really shouldnā€™t be dreading it because, the more deductions I can find wi11 mean a bigger refund, thatā€™s great! Right! On the other hand, I will be using the refund to pay the taxes on our house, but hopefully, there will be some of the refund leftover! :thinking:

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

11 Likes

Thank you love :pray: :candle:
I hope everything goes smoothly for you with the taxes too :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you, @CelestiaMoon! I hope this week is better for you!

Sorry, everything is on the floor, @Nixi! Believe me, home health nurses have seen it all. It wonā€™t matter to them unless there are bugs or, well, lots of :poop:

Thanks for the shout out for the shout out, @MeganB! And wow, Japanese lessons. Thatā€™s awesome. Sounds like itā€™s going to be a fun trip.

Yeah, the doctor thing was annoying. Messed up my whole day.

Thanks for the shout out, @Susurrus, I should have an easy month. No doctor appointments! Yay!

Good luck with the job appointment, @CelestiaMoon! It should be perfect for ya!

Thank you for the kind words, @Marsha! Youā€™re making me blush! Good luck with taxes. It sounds like thatā€™ll be fun. Not.

10 Likes

I hope itā€™s gonna be fun! Weā€™ve gotta save a lot of money for this trip :sweat_smile: and Iā€™ve never been out of the country! Iā€™m so freakinā€™ excited!

10 Likes

Aww @CelestiaMoon congrats and thank youu honey! :hugs: :kissing_heart: I wish you all the luck for this interview! :heart: :hearts:
And Thank youuuuu so much my lovely @marsha, @Amethyst, @Susurrus and sweet @MeganB !! :kissing_heart: You all make me smile alwaysā€¦ :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Thank you so much my dear :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I have a good feeling about this one, especially with all of your support :kissing_heart: :smiling_face: :two_hearts:

9 Likes

You deserve all the support and happiness as well as this job hon! Much looove! :hugs: :heart: :heart: :heart:

9 Likes