Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Aug 22 - 28 🌚

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please note that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Group Tea Ritual - Lammas

→ Thursday, August 25

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

→ Friday, August 26

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC Group Healing Session

→ Friday, August 26 : 3:00 - 4:00 PM EDT

Join this group healing circle in A Sacred Space to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: August 2022

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

New-Moon-Manifestations

→ Saturday, August 27

This week we will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon. The exact time of the peak phase will vary according to your location.

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle.

New-Moon-Spells

You can learn more about the symbolism, traditions, and best-suited spellwork for this moon phase in the New Moon Rituals Guide :new_moon:

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the free Spells8 Newsletter :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to partcipate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Unconventional Divination - Divining Differently :game_die:

Unconventional Different Unusual Divination Spells8 Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, August 23rd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(As always, a brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, September 9th .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XIX - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle (hosted in A Sacred Space) is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, August 31st .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Friday, September 30th .

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Wednesday, August 31st.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion (hosted in A Sacred Space) remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@salina, @angela42, @nicholas8, @hailey8, @stacey12, @kaitlin10, @patricha, @emily3, @kim16, @Saetril, @chelscjo, @keri4, @angelina3, @amber59, @allison3, @desiray1, @sophia5, @robin11, @karen19, @cicely, @la-kysha, @avalon, @chere, @brandylynn, @lori11, @cheryl11, @shawnee, @tiffany37, @holly13, @jeannine1, @alicia25, @chrystie, @tiffany38, @scarlet2, @madison15, @gloria4, @destiny8, @nichole10, @judy7, @ashley67, @lisa61, @isabel, @M.BES, @rillie, @brian4, @cirstyn, @Heathersue333, @mama, @rachel38, @jo12, @renee10, @lynn5, @kaitlyn8, @erika8, @kayla34, @kyle2, @felicia7, @mychelle1, @cassandra13, @gara, @spencer1, @thomas6, @nyx1, @shaquita5, @tracy18, @allison10, @julia16, @TerraLynnette84, @kimberly61, @shauna5, @kristine8, @keianna, @ashley68, @paige8, @telesha, @andrea43, @vicki3, @spring3, @micha, @aidan, @dorian1, @gina8

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @jan_TheGreenWitch - for sharing the most posts and giving out the most hearts, on a three-week shout-out streak! :writing_hand: :heart:

After a three-week streak being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @jan_TheGreenWitch will receive a special badge for their contributions to the forum- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

The next Sabbat is a month away- have you begun your preparations? :apple: And will you be resting or casting to honor the New Moon this week? :new_moon:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :new_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

20 Likes

Oh geez, there’s really a Pluto Demoted Day?! Poor Pluto :laughing: He will always be a planet in my book no matter how many times they change their minds :unamused:

I need to sit down and write my post for this divination challenge. I have an idea for what I want to do – I want to explore dice divination further with developing a system for my D&D dice. I want each one to correlate with a different aspect of life (love, money, etc.) and the numbers to mean something, too. I think this will take a bit of work but if all else fails I’ll find something else to write about :laughing:

I don’t have too much planned this week (besides some personal things that aren’t fit for a public forum lol) but I’m moving through a transition period in my life. I have some things to embrace and some things to let go.

15 Likes

I second this! :astrology_pluto: :confetti_ball:

Congratulations :tada: @jan_TheGreenWitch for the most likes & posts AND a shiny new badge! :star_struck:

I also need to do this too. I printed the things I needed to last night, but now I have to actually write it up too.

I have 2 appointments this week but nothing else out of the norm, minus the thunderstorm :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: passing over right now :rofl: We had hit drought status & our water ban went from certain days/times to hand watering only in a matter of a few weeks. I did catch a lovely picture of what my hibiscus :hibiscus: plant looked like after only having one bloom a day for a bit. I can’t wait for the other one to bloom, it has a different color pattern :star_struck:

I started a new book on Celtic Magic over the weekend & had a great time with everyone home now on Sundays. Other than that, I will be working on Ogham when I can each day & the whatnots around the house. :joy:

11 Likes

Merry Meet Monday Witches

I’ve been busy over the last week, rearranging multiple rooms in my home to change up the stale energy. Its amazing the feeling after. Ive got my main altar to clean today, it really needs it!

Planning on doing some cleaning up of my patio area this week as well. If it ever stops raining.

Dabbling back into my learning of palm reading on the craft front this week, and dressing some candles for the new moon.

Hope this week is full of positive abundance for Infinite Roots :infinite_roots:

Bless-ed Be,
Rowan

13 Likes

Happy Monday All you beautiful Witches!!!
I have a jammed packed busy week and I just want to pull the blanket back over my head and sleep!
I have to finish up my challenge, I’ve got tickets to Sublime for Wednesday, and Dentist appointment Wednesday, I’m selling my crafts at a festival Saturday so I’m in a rush to finish up projects and price my items. Then to top things off my son got his heart broken again by another girl :sob: Teenage years are sooo hard :nerd_face: hurts my heart :broken_heart:
I feel like I left something off this week’s list, hmmmm, oh yeah, I have to get a package in the mail for my nieces birthday on friday. And of course the usual domestic chores of cooking and cleaning :face_with_spiral_eyes:
Ok now all I have to do is hit print and I have my to do list for the week LOL!
Sorry for the ramble, I think I’m stalling on getting to work :crazy_face:
Have a Great Week everyone :infinite_roots:
:butterfly:

12 Likes

I took off work today because of my 3 little witches. I’m still trying to recover!!! This week I am going to be gazing into the crystal ball every chance I get. It seems to give me motion sickness. Lol!

Have a great week beautiful witches! :hugs:

11 Likes

Congrats @jan_TheGreenWitch on your 3 week streak!

9 Likes

Whoot! YOU GO JAN! Kicking Cancer’s butt and making a mark in the community all at once. @jan_TheGreenWitch you are awesome!

Just got back from the doctors and things are about the same. Having some problems with home health but hopefully, we’re on top of it. We’ll see.

I plan on doing one of the rituals from my book club selection, The Magical Grimore. It’s about naming yourself, it’s very interesting looking. I plan on doing that Saturday.

Other than that, this week’s going to go okay I think. I’m hopeful.

Hope you all have a good Monday!

8 Likes

Congrats! :tada: :piñata: :partying_face:
You are amazing @jan_TheGreenWitch :people_hugging:
We are so blessed to have you here!

With love :heart: and light :dizzy: always

8 Likes

I was on vacation and just got back to work. A part of me is shocked that today is Monday. It was a good time off. I went to Vancouver for my sister’s wedding. I had asked @MeganB if it would be good to go as part of the Freebee Friday-she said it would be a good time and deepen my connection with family. So right!! :grin:

Anyway, this week I am refocusing on getting some simple spells to cast regularly or even sigils I can draw around the house. I do too much and never get anywhere. Focusing on deepening would be good.
I am also thinking I am going to list things I want to accomplish in a week and then pick a night to complete it. This way I may get more accomplished.
Because I focus so much on doing, I feel guilty for not spending time with my kids and husband and then don’t end up getting much done because I feel demotivated. My boys think I spend enough time with them so that is good.
Today I did a Witches Cookery meditation and I did some yoga stretches before bed, added to my BOS (finally got a system that will work I think). I also spent time with my 12 year old watching a show he likes to watch. So yay for today.

Oh, this Saturday we will be meeting up with a friend my son met online. They are both 14. Should be interesting.

Have a great week everyone!!!

9 Likes

Update to the MMM:

The group ritual for this week is now live in the forum! For more information, please visit the full page by clicking the link below.

Group Tea Ritual - Weekly Image

(Group Ritual - Aug 25) :heartpulse: Self-Love Spell

Follow the New Moon’s example and treat yourself to a time of rest and rejuvenation- this tea (or coffee!) spell will invoke bright energy and hope to help you tune into the present moment and bring positivity into your day :sun_with_face:

“See” ya there, Infinite Roots! :wink::two_hearts:

Blessed be! :tea:

8 Likes

Vensul yun Iilah ahrk Kiindahsuli! Fahdoni drey biir daar briit NusseDovah! :heart_eyes: DovahseVen! Osos Joriin vomos Dovahhe voth Uftte, nuz zu’u lorot nust medkoraav Lokzii.

Friday is a new moon and my birthday! My friend bought me this beautiful dragon statue! A wind dragon! :heart_eyes: Some people don’t like dragons with feathers, but I think it makes them look like angels.

Image from Amazon

12 Likes

That’s beautiful! I love it! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Happy Tuesday everyone. Congrats, @jan_TheGreenWitch!! You have, and countine, to contribute do much to our coven and I love reading what you have to say. Keep up the great work!

@MeganB and @Susurrus I’m with you on Pluto always being a planet in my books! Poor little guy!

Have a lot of unfortunate tasks this week related to family matters. This is the time I’m thankful for working remote and having amazing bosses. They are helping me bigger things that might fall through the cracks but I can still work during my not busy time.

I’ll be resting this new moon as my energy levels are being drained rapidly this week as an empath. I need to work on augmenting my shield to harness Earth energy so I don’t run out completely.

9 Likes

Not only will I be doing this on the New Moon, but it has become my go-to for the last 9 or so months. I completely understand what you are feeling too, as someone told me, I need to work on some Teflon for myself so I don’t do the same lately.

Take as much time as you need :heart: :people_hugging:

8 Likes

Congrads @jan_TheGreenWitch keep up the good effort :blush:

8 Likes

Beautiful! And happy birthday!

7 Likes

@Kasandra That is one gorgeous dragon- I really like the feathers too! :heart_eyes: Wishing you a very happy birthday week Kasandra! :birthday: :partying_face:

6 Likes

Thanks for the new badge @BryWisteria and all the nice congrats and love coming my way!! I enjoy getting to know everyone and getting deeper into witchy stuff that I would not have done on my own volition. I hope to be able to impart some of my own wisdom back over to this community as well along the way.

This week has been a trial by combat with my cancer treatment, with me into the cancer center twice so far having rejection issues and negative physical reactions to the chemo I received on the 10th. I had a small …READ: TINY… surgical procedure to deal with an infection, and I have a chemo rash that goes from my lower jaw to my upper chest and through my arms and it is nasty. (Sorry for the visual graphic detail, I am trying to be graphic neutral). Anyhooooooooooo…… Just overall not the best week, but I am staying in bed, doing what I’m supposed to do and sleeping a lot. All light, love, prayers and good energy/vibes you can send - now is the time. If I have to stop this treatment it will not be a good outcome ultimately for me I fear so I am hopeful to get past this hurdle and get on with the next treatment which is scheduled for a week from today, Wed. Aug 31.

I’m cuddled with my dogs today and as we enjoyed the first rain in weeks last night I am eyeing more squash, cucumber and tomatoes that need to be picked so that makes me happy, and my carrots are ready to be harvested along with the potatoes within the next week. Happy garden, happy Jan!

I haven’t mowed through all the comments and posts over the last 4 days which is disappointing because as you may know, I have a lot to say …lol :rofl:, but I am doing my best to balance and keep up and be stress free which being part of this community does, thank you! Love to everyone, and keep smiling :relaxed::green_heart:

8 Likes