Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! (Dec 19 - 25) 🎄

We are honored to welcome you as a member! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have yet to send out cards :flushed: part of that is because my daughter wasn’t able to have her school pictures done this year & now I’m looking to make a sort of collage of pictures for a card & also have them printed either at Walmart/CVS/Walgreens. I may just have to buy some & start sending them, even if they are late to a few people, I’m sure they will appreciate that I sent them. I was a bit behind on those, from Thanksgiving to today was kind of a whirlwind between happenings here at home. I was shocked when I typed in the date on my daily posts this morning & then looked at the calendar for the date & days the holidays fall on :exploding_head:

@Amethyst & @Sarafeena_Sage it was a lot of fun & just the looks on his face were enough to make it worth going over there for a bit longer than I had originally planned. He was very excited & also on his best behavior so that I would let Santa know that he should still be on the nice list.

9 Likes

@MeganB The solstice vigil sounds amazing- watching the sun come up would be a really powerful moment! That being said, while I love the idea, I know I’m not strong enough to keep myself awake all night :joy: I’ll be cheering for you if you decide to give it a try, Megan! :sun_with_face: :heart:

@Susurrus Merry Monday (well, Tuesday now haha) to you too, Siofra! It is a chilly one- although still no snow on the ground here. Wonder if we’ll get a white Christmas? Supposedly there is a storm on the way later this week :snowflake: Glad you’re doing well and having fun with friends and family! :heart::christmas_tree: :blush:

@Marsha You have most certainly earned your spot in the Forum Hall of Fame, Marsha- thank you again for all that you do! Between the birthday messages, tending the Flame, welcoming new members, being such a presence of light and warmth and so much more- the coven is very blessed to have you here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

Wishing you all the best with the shopping and mailing- you’re not the only one to wait to last minute haha! I’ll be tripping over myself this week too trying to get all the last-minute things together lol. Would it even be the holidays without the last-minute craziness? I think not :joy:

@Amethyst I’m so glad you’re doing well- may your leg keep on healing, Amethyst! :pray::two_hearts: It sounds like you’ve got everything in place and have some fun holiday plans in store too- enjoy watching A Christmas Carol, it’s definitely a classic :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Wishing you the same- blessed solstice and start to Yule! :partying_face: :star2:

I’m bopping around trying to get things done and ready for the holidays- we had to make the call to do our Yule Log a bit early this year, as the evening of the solstice will be spent at the dentist’s- my partner needs to get a wisdom tooth pulled. Fun! :sweat_smile:

We’re sending the tooth off in style, though- hopefully the super chocolatey cake won’t cause any additional dental issues! :joy:

(I won’t double-post all the cake pics- there are more in the Winter Solstice 2022 :snowflake: Discussion if anyone wants to see them! :cake:)

Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy, and blessed start to Yule! :star2:

9 Likes

If it were up to my daughter, yes there will be a white Christmas :christmas_tree: The first thing she said when she returned from her trip was that she was Wishing, Hoping, & Praying that we have a :snowflake: White Christmas… then my husband had also mentioned that there is a storm possibly heading towards us with snow :snowman_with_snow: So :crossed_fingers: that we are able to have one! She comes home & the first thing she does is put on her Christmas song :musical_note: playlist :laughing:

9 Likes

Nice of them to do that, isn’t it? It’s great to have you along with us!

I’m sure people will appreciate cards whenever they get them. My friend from Georgia is sending Valentine’s instead of Christmas cards which I think is a nice idea. I might do that.

Let’s hope he’s a good boy these last few days so Santa doesn’t change his mind! LOL!

We appreciate all you do for us year-round, Bry! :hugs:

My gosh, that’s bad luck or something! I hope it all goes well and your partner feels like eating on the weekend!

8 Likes

Update to the MMM:

This week’s group ritual is now LIVE in the forum! For more details, please view the full post by clicking the picture/link here:

12-22-2022 Group Ritual The Star Courage Hope 3rd Day of Yule

(Group Ritual - Dec 22) :star2: Third Day of Yule - Courage Ritual

Yule walks us through the darkest time of the year- as the longest night passes and the sky goes dark from the New Moon, this ritual summons courage and strength. Face the end of the calender year (and the birth of the new one) with fire in your heart and a guiding light in your soul :candle:

Looking forward to sharing a warm cup with you then- cheers, Infinite Roots! :heart::sparkles:

8 Likes

This is a great idea! I am using a Nordic-like guide for each day this Yule. December 29th honors Sunna and light. Here you keep candles lit throughout the night to welcome Sunna at sunrise the next morning.

Oh my gosh! How fun!! That little boy will remember those for ever.

I’m the Queen of Procrastinating when it comes to holiday shopping. :rofl::rofl: Every year I say I’m going to start early, and entry year I’m scrambling at the last minute. Congrats on the 3-week steak, @marsha. I love reading all the love and wisdom you offer to us.

That is great! I’m continuing to send you healing energy. And I live by grocery delivery now. I hate the general public so if I can avoid going into the store, sign me up!

We have a freeze warning starting Thursday through the weekend here in Houston. :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat: Here’s hoping our power grid doesn’t fail again. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I’m excited for this Yule. I’m following a nordic-like guide to celebrate this year. I created a separate post on the Yule Celebrations of Nordic Traditions.

I have the next two weeks off from work so I’ll be able to accomplish many things over had to put off as well as have fun celebrating.

My Old Man (Wilson, my oldest dog) had to have surgery last week to remove a couple masses. He’s recovering nicely and gets his stitches out next week. Now that he’s feeling better, I have to keep an eye on him to not mess with the stitches.

Wishing everyone a Merry Yule!

8 Likes

Hahaha… I just bought some cards today to send to my father & brother… I think I’m going to go with @Amethyst’s friend’s idea & do the Valentine’s Day cards :rofl:

I thought that too & it was a lot of fun to do & I miss that part with my kids. We used to make Santa’s footprints on the rug with my husband’s boots, glitter, & some flour from the front door around the tree & back. Then when we did that & with my daughter, there is an app & it’s still a thing… where you take a picture of your tree or house… but you can add Santa into the picture in different poses or peering into the windows. That was a lot of fun too. I would never discourage or take away from the Magic of Christmas for the little ones. :smiling_face: I believe it’s called Capture the Magic or Capture Santa… I can’t remember anymore, but it was a lot of fun when we would tell her that we caught Santa when we got up in the middle of the night to get a drink or use the bathroom.

@Amethyst… yay for not having to go back for two weeks! I have a weekly appointment that has a good chance of going bi-weekly after the New Year, so I can understand that type of excitement! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Beautiful!!:heart::heart:

7 Likes

haha I’m not gonna lie – I didn’t know the badge existed either :joy: but I’m glad you got it. You’ll get the Devotee badge one day too, I’m sure!

That’s one thing I’m going to struggle with. I have a medication I take at night that tends to make me tired. I have a feeling I’ll be drinking plenty of coffee and green tea :laughing:

haha thank you! I’m already creating a list of things to do over the vigil to keep myself awake and occupied, both mundane and magickal!

That sounds very similar to what I’d like to do! I’ve definitely got plans and I’m just crossing my fingers that I can stay awake long enough :laughing:

7 Likes

Thank you :pray: so much for your kind words @Amaris_Bane :heart:

Queen of Procrastinating! :rofl: I love this! I’m right there with you!

The extreme cold :cold_face: will be here Wednesday evening, and the high on Thursday is predicted to be -4 degrees! It’s crazy that this storm is all the way to the gulf!

I’m happy that Wilson is getting better. We have a rescue kitty, Harvey, that is having dental surgery on Thursday.

With big hugs :people_hugging: always

@MeganB

Is there a way to see how many consecutive days I have? And/or how many more days do I need to get the Devotee Badge?

With gratitude :pray: always

4 Likes

Yikes! :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face: I won’t complain about my low of 18°F. Although we aren’t built for the cold, people or infrastructure. Thankfully we aren’t traveling this weekend

6 Likes

This is a really great question! I haven’t found an answer to this question but I’m gonna tag @Francisco and see if maybe he has an answer :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you @MeganB

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I mean, I don’t even have this badge yet :rofl: and I’ve been here since 2019 I think?

4 Likes

Thanks for the good vibes, my love! I got all my stuff delivered today so that was good. Sally went to get me peanut butter and bread in case the power goes out though. She’ll bring it tomorrow. I hope she survives.

Tell Wilson, not to scratch!

I’m extra thrilled because it’s forty bucks a trip to town. So my pocketbook is thrilled too! LOL!

Good luck staying awake!

6 Likes

@Amethyst… always a good thing to make the wallet happy!

@Megan… ooo I hate those medications & getting used to the effects initially. I hope you start to adjust a bit more & it gets easier for you with an added caffeine addiction… which personally I had since I was a teen & just recently was able to cut out a good portion of my caffeine intake.

I will keep you both in my thoughts & prayers for making the wallet happy & easy transitions :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Unfortunately no…! I thought it was possible to check but I looked at the software backend and apparently it’s not that simple :sweat_smile: I will keep looking because it would be nice to have it!

Congrats on the Hall of Fame Club!! @marsha Keep breaking records!! :beers:

8 Likes

Thank you so much @Francisco :heart:

5 Likes

Congratulations!
It is well deserved
You are a font of kindness, patience, and helpfulness to everyone on this forum.
We have all benefitted from your generosity
Well done :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@Wysteria_Norn

Thank you :pray: so much for your kind words!
It’s such a pleasure to know you!

Big love :heart: and hugs my friend :people_hugging:

6 Likes