Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week (Dec 26 - Jan 1) 🎆

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Group Tea Ritual Meditation 2022 Yule Version

Thursday, December 29

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

Friday, December 30

Look to the skies! This week we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

As explored in the Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick , this moon phase is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing :hugs:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

This moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle :arrow_double_up: For more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase, check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page :first_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

Friday, December 30

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Free readings are held in the Energy Exchange Category every Friday. As we wait for this week’s reading session to begin, you can check out last week’s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, you can download and print your copy of the 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

For news and information about witchy happenings delivered to your email inbox three times a week, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: 13 Days of Holiday Celebrations :tada:

Holiday Yule Solstice Challenge Spells8

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, January 3 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

The 23rd Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush:

Spells8 Book Club

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

The next reading session of Book Club will begin this Friday, December 30 - so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Saturday, December 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Saturday, December 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Saturday, December 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@amber72 - @Echo1 - @arielleraychel - @luna7 - @chancey - @jennifer129 - @shanel - @onyx - @michelle74 - @jacqueline16 - @kristen24 - @emily51 - @rebekah3 - @jennifer130 - @sylena - @crystal61 - @rebecca41 - @josy - @brenda17 - @sasha4 - @lorna1 - @summer10 - @raelene - @becky8 - @lonesome - @annjalee - @leslie13 - @mary50 - @julia18 - @michelle75 - @danelle3 - @emily52 - @Elspeth - @Shine - @chanel3 - @firtha - @alicia27 - @alexandria5 - @nicole19 - @kimberly75 - @sarah91 - @alisha13 - @tara26 - @jessica37 - @emmiree - @caroline7 - @michelle76 - @sahara - @raven3 - @allyson3 - @ayse2 - @veronica11 - @brandee - @april14 - @angela48 - @elizabeth49 - @devonte - @melmariie - @jennifer131 - @cheyenne8 - @yvonika - @maetee - @Taurus423 - @eva5 - @aliyah1 - @jaime12 - @christopher13 - @sierra17 - @kristina18 - @amanda95 - @brandon7 - @tina23 - @christy16 - @sarah92 - @alli - @jessica129 - @sara32 - @sharlene - @hira - @jamie39 - @RavenHayden - @sinaida - @serina - @mandy5 - @ivy5 - @kendall1 - @claire11 - @breann - @lori15 - @jasmine3 - @kendrick2

If you haven’t already, please feel free to say hello by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period. Those who have won the badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

New Year Blessings from Spells8

Will you be working any First Quarter Moon magick to welcome in 2023? :crescent_moon: What plans, hopes, and resolutions have you set for the new calendar year? :star2:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Happy New Year and Blessed Be! :fireworks::sparkles:

15 Likes

Congratulations to @TheDarkestDesire and @Sarafeena_Sage for their contributions to the community! You rock!

As for me, I’m going to go through my rooms next Saturday and banish negativity for the Year. I think I need to up my protection at home too so I may do something with that.

As for me this week, I don’t have any doctor appointments till next Monday so I don’t have to go out in the cold! YAY!

My holidays went well and now I just have to prepare for New Year’s and then I turn fifty this upcoming year. I still watch cartoons, for goodness’ sake, I shouldn’t be turning fifty! Blah!

I hope you all had a good holiday no matter what you celebrated, and that everyone has a good New Year!

13 Likes

Well done, friends!

I am planning on a huge week of self care! Almost all my Christmas gifts hinged, somehow, on self care and I think I should pay attention to that fact. I work so hard (and I am really good at what I do), but I tend to burn the candle at both ends (and I know that!) and ignore what I need… then my anxiety spikes. So, I am going to joyously set up my new planner. I decided to go back to a digital planner because I’m a perfectionist and I have more tools to make things look like I want to make them look. Also, because I am having some eye issues, I can easily enlarge and zoom in on things. I got a ton of wonderful bath goodies, so bathtub here I come! I have a handful of books that I’d like to read. (I already met my reading goal for the year… but overachieving is my m.o.).

It’s also surgery week for me! I have a cataract surgery scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday. My husband is having a great time teasing me (playfully) that I am the youngest person he’s ever known to have cataracts. I have retinitis pigmentosa and one of the symptoms of that is rapidly forming, early onset cataracts. It’s been stressful having blurring vision all of a sudden and I am so relieved to be having it fixed this week! Please send me some calming energy. I am not a fan of needles and I will need an IV two days in a row. I’m not feeling overly anxious yet and I’m hoping to continue that!

By Friday, I will not need glasses for distance vision any more… I’m having a bit of a freak out about that because I have worn glasses since I was 5 and I don’t like the way my face looks without them. I’ll likely still need readers and I found a cool website that makes bifocal readers in some really fun and funky styles, so I am eagerly awaiting to see what strength I will need so I can pick some out. They even make bifocal reading sunglasses. My mom reminded me that I will need to get some sunglasses because I won’t be wearing my transitions glasses anymore. Here’s to a new eyewear adventure!

Surgery and recovery is supposed to be quick and easy… but I am planning on spending Friday on the couch and in my bed binge watching netflix and napping.

Here’s hoping for a calm, relaxing week (with clear vision!)!!

Happy Yule!

10 Likes

I’m honored :smiley: Thank you very much for the shout outs! :heart: :heart: :heart:
:butterfly:

8 Likes

Congratulations you two! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s great to see you both here on this list and interacting in the coven. You’re much appreciated!

I think I’m gonna be doing the same thing. Things are still lingering here in my home and I don’t want them too so it all needs to gooooo! :laughing: I’m glad you don’t have any appointments this week – no cold for you! It’s really cold here in Florida too – it got into the 20s last night and it’s just way too cold for us!

That sounds like an amazing week and one you definitely deserve! I am also setting up a new planner this week. I got the Dreambook and Planner by Dragontree Apothecary. It’s massive but it looks like it’s going to be super helpful! I need to spend some time going through and answering the journal prompts in it :sweat_smile: it’s a bit intimidating, for sure!

I’m going to keep you in my prayers for sure! I’ve updated your entry in the Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: December 2022 to include your surgery date so others can see it!

I’m having a hopefully easy week. I do know I have a few appointments this week. The one on Thursday is going to be interesting for sure :sweat_smile: it’s going to involve a lot of sleepiness but that’s okay. It’s much needed!

I hope everyone has an amazing day and week ahead!

7 Likes

Thank you all so much for your kind words!! I’m happy to contribute to such an amazing group of people! I just hope I eventually contribute to all of you as much as you have for me!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I kept looking at it myself, but I never found a good walk through of it! Can you fit regular life into it to?

And thanks for updating my entry in the energy exchange!

6 Likes

So far it looks like it! It’s got a weekly check-in page every week, monthly and quarterly planners, and weekly layouts. I can’t get my pictures to load right now but I know they have examples of some of the pages on their website :blush:

The 2023 Dreambook + Planner – The Dragontree Apothecary

7 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face: to both of you! You are such a blessing to our Spells 8 family. :people_hugging: Thank you for all your contributions. :pray: Thank you, @TheDarkestDesire for sharing your questions and thoughts with us! Thank you for sharing so much love with us, @Sarafeena_Sage

I think I will go through my house too, cleansing, clearing, and making room for more light! That’s a wonderful idea @Amethyst

You sound like me @AileyGrey
I had cataract surgery a couple of years ago, and I still have a hard time because I hate how I look without glasses! I would have been devastated if I would have lost my close-up vision, it was not easy but I was able to talk my Doctor into doing 1 eye for distance and 1 for close-up! I know if he hadn’t agreed I would have sunk into a severe depression. I have always worn glasses, well since I was 11. I can’t see little things as well as I could before, but I can see my phone, and computer screen, and read menus! And now that eye makeup irritates my eyes I really feel naked without glasses. I was really scared about the surgery, but it was not as bad as I thought and everything went well.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: alway

7 Likes

Congrats guys love to see when members are so engaged :heart:

8 Likes

Have a happy new year too! Don’t forget to put all your good intentions in for the new year :blush: :tada:

8 Likes

Wishing you good luck with your surgeries! I get what you mean about glasses, but I’m sure you’ll adjust. Just be careful you don’t go to push up your glasses that aren’t there and poke your eye or something like that. Take care of yourself!

It’ll still be cold next week, but not as bad as it was this morning. Things are looking up!

Did your snake friends fare okay in the cold?

Thank you! I think I did it for a challenge last year and I liked it. Now I’ve just got to find it in my BOS again. LOL!

6 Likes

I am in my fifties and l like cartoons too. :grin: I don’t like to count how old I am, it is jarring to my sense of reality. Hahaha.
I believe we don’t stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing. Enjoy your cartoons and as we enter our crone years, I hope we find grace, wisdom, health, inner peace, and self contentment!

8 Likes

My hope is to be a better person this year to my family and friends. I hope to make it at least one time as a person people look up too. I want to be the my best and spread my light we’re I go! In other words spreading my knowledge to others who want to learn the craft. I am teaching my son know and we both had a cup of tea and burned some mugwort. He is seeing the importance of the craft and I am excited :laughing: I am very grateful :face_holding_back_tears:
My hope is that I finish enrollment in school. And find a better job. Then for this next quarter moon I will be doing some love magick or self care :magic_wand: ! This year I want to learn more about honoring more diety and I plan on posting more this year. I never make my own topics because If I do something I don’t want it to be half ass. I want good work! I am a artist and I take pride in my craft and I think it deserves more time and effort!

I just want to give a shout out to the darkest desire, and also Sarall you both beat me I can’t imagine the love that you gave to get that recognition! It must have been big and that is beautiful! I love you both very sweet!
Jeannie

9 Likes

@Amethyst Hooray for no appointments! Stay warm, safe, and cozy, Amethyst, and watch your cartoons guilt-free (I like them too- if they didn’t want adults to enjoy them, they shouldn’t make them so fun to watch! :grin:)

@AileyGrey Wishing you good luck at your surgery this week, Ailey! :raised_hands: Sending calming energy and positive thoughts your way- you’ve got this! :pray::heart::blush:

@Sarafeena_Sage The shout out is very much deserved- thanks for all you do, Sarall! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@MeganB Wishing you an easy and stress-free week, Megan- may the appointments all go well! :blush:

@TheDarkestDesire We’re very grateful to have you here too- thank you for all you do! :heart:

@Marsha I might jump on the idea as well- tidying up and making room for more light sounds like a great way to welcome in the new year! :partying_face:

@TheMuslimWitch Same to you- have a very happy new year! :fireworks: :blush:

@Phoenix_Rose Beautifully said, Maudot! :raised_hands: :two_hearts:

@Jeannie1 You have some really amazing goals set, Jeannie, and I think they pair wonderfully with the items you shared in your lovely gratitude ritual in the EEC. May the new year be everything you are hoping for and full of love, light, and many smiles! :heart::blush:

10 Likes

That’s a good mindset to have. I just hate that I have evidence I’m getting old. Like hearing Alice Cooper on the easy listening station. It’s just wrong! LOL!

Yeppers! I’m really hoping by the end of January I’ll not have to go for my leg at all anymore. We’ll see!

7 Likes

@MeganB I’ll go check it out again! I’m trying really hard not to have multiple planners and I’ve been working really hard to get the one I have set up just the way I want. Then I started waffling between digital or paper… I go through this every December! I have planner FOMO.

7 Likes

@marsha, how clever to do one eye of each. I think I am going to go the bifocal route (we will see how I do with those). I found some super cute ones! I’m eager to see what I’m going to see. I should be pretty set by Friday! My nerves are still minimal and surgery #1 is at 10:30 tomorrow… I’m going with it!

7 Likes

Oh yes, they do just fine :blush: They have their own heat mats under their tubs. They’ve gotta have consistent heat in order to be happy lol

We’re supposed to be back into the 80s by the end of the week and I’m really looking forward to that!

Oh Jeannie, you are most definitely someone that people look up to! Every time you post here in the forum I can feel the gratitude, peace, and love that fills your heart. You do so much to bring that into the forum and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that your positivity shines so bright!

Oh, you and me both! I’ve gone back and forth between physical bullet journals, digital bullet journals, different planners and pages to print and keep myself. It’s crazy but I’m hoping this one does the trick for me lol

7 Likes