Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jan 17 đŸș

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase : Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Look above! A beautiful moon is blessing the skies TONIGHT: Monday, January 17th . The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Full-Wolf-Moon-Spell-Witchcraft-360x240

The full moon of January is called the Full Wolf Moon :full_moon:. This is a moon that calls for strength within the darkness of winter and is good time to draw on the energy , eundurance , and communal nature of the wolf :wolf:

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Wolf Moon Ritual Page .

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, January 20th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

5560db479b61425a9c4ee5ae545a039867635a89

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, January 21st . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These ongoing activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Sacred Trees and Wood :deciduous_tree:

6c8843ae404e9ba02255b5bc08772ae9e1886cfb

This challenge will close on Tuesday, January 18th at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Sacred Trees and Wood :deciduous_tree:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: January 2022 Oracle Card Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this month’s oracle discussion will close on Monday, January 31.

[ [ A Daily Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found on the daily in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

Spells8 Affirmations and Inspiration Forum Posts

Visit January 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this month’s discussion will close on Monday, January 31.

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XII (Jan 14 - Feb 11)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, February 11th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@sesen, @jannic, @rebecca20, @myckayla, @emmy1, @jessica83, @jessica84, @Jess00, @morrighanna, @lisa42, @april22, @susanah, @kati, @traci1, @helena1, @kaitlyn7, @somattie, @tiffany30, @addilee1, @robert4, @chiara2, @jennifer76, @talia, @MelaninGoddess, @marie15, @kimberly, @heather36, @lauren17, @ashley50, @clairevoiant, @lynette2, @chelsea19, @monique8, @lara4, @sara18, @amy50, @madison10, @michelle40, @neal, @michelle41, @tessa6, @tanya10, @sarah5, @lisa43, @charrity, @season, @rene3, @tabatha, @denise7, @kylie5, @giuliana, @kay1, @kathryn17, @judy5, @brad2, @pat1, @catherine1, @amy51, @ashley51, @gloria2, @sindhu, @adonis, @shelaina, @DanielleNicole, @natasha, @maria18, @gail, @heather47, @tatyana, @lynne2, @kerry, @daisy, @alkini, @mikala, @colleen3, @da_cota, @Satu_TheGreenWitch, @michell, @rachelle2, @caysha, @karhel, @rose6, @heather48, @kimberly49, @gregory, @laura31, @lonna, @sheree1, @olivia5, @gayle1, @Mistella, @devin, @elaine4, @jennifer77, @dawn17, @lady1, @kerina1, @ellice, @kel

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• A round of applause to @LadyAuld.ofChico, who has shared the most posts in the forum on a two-week streak! :writing_hand: Your bright personality and cheerful nature are such a joy here- you are a blessing! :sparkles:

• Lots of love back to @Rachel21 for giving out the most hearts in the forum over the past seven days! :heart: May all the love and kindness you share come back to you three-fold! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Blessed Full Wolf Moon- what are your plans for the occasion? :full_moon_with_face: Have you been breezing through your New Year’s resolutions, or struggling to stick to your goals? :scroll:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :wolf::sparkles:

10 Likes

I was a bit early on the brew a potion day!

8 Likes

That’s amazing- I just saw your post about making a magick potion, Linda! Hahaha good for you for getting a head start on Brew a Potion Day, you are a trendsetter! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1: :heart:

7 Likes

Congratulations to @LadyAuld.ofChico and @rachel21 for your marvelous contributions to the forum!

As for me, I’ll be doing the Wolf Moon ritual tonight. As well as giving thanks for the fact that I haven’t lost power in this snowstorm! I’m one of the lucky ones. I can’t help but feel for everyone out in the cold this afternoon. And there are pics on my Facebook of a snowplow being towed out of an embankment of snow. So I’m glad I’m not out there.

Keep warm everybody, and have a good week!

7 Likes

Congratulations @LadyAuld.ofChico & @rachel21 :tada: :confetti_ball:

The weather has been interesting today, Mother Nature is definitely feeling the effects of the Full Moon :full_moon:

I have a fairly quiet week, just 1 appointment on Friday afternoon. It will be a quick one, but needed. I have also contacted the hospice that I would like to hear from grief services. So I’m waiting to hear back from them.

The rest should just be a regular week for me. Oh! I am drinking more water but I add the Mio flavor with the B-vitamins in it & I got a free sample of Liquid IV Hydration that you add to a water bottle like a crystal light one. This one was lemon lime & basically tasted more like lemonade to me, but it was good. So I might see how much those are & what flavors they come in too. I have to add something to my water bottles.

Fun Fact:

• The town that I live in banned single serve water bottles up to a liter. So we have to go 1 town over to buy water single use water bottles. In my town you buy water in a Gallon & up. Nothing less. :roll_eyes: But single serve juice & soda & alcohol & nips of alcohol
 totally fine. :angry:

Anywho!!! My week is starting out pretty good. I feel a lot lighter today & actually felt like doing something outside once the rain stopped & the wind died down. I then checked the fire pit & added some fallen branches & leaves to dry out & covered it with the grate & metal sheets & THEN I covered then entire thing with a tarp using a couple of small ropes & a bungee cord & four bricks. :joy: Air can flow through but rain & snow & wind will all go away from the inner pit. I’m trying to dry it out for the next non rain day to burn some things.

I hope everyone has a great week! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria and all :smiley: Thank you!! I have been so busy this week I thought I was neglecting the forum

I have one more night to work - oh the fun of working during the chaos of a full moon. I try to take advantage of the energies around the time of it at it’s fullest. Either before or after my work week. I did a spell on Friday night, but this Full moon feels stronger to me than the last two. It wouldn’t hurt to reconnect with those energies in the morning when I get off work. Things are getting tense again, staffing is getting short again. I think the word I will focus on is AGAIN and not in a negative way but in the fact that we will get through this like we did the times before. :heart:

@Amethyst I have never been in heavy snow, I can’t imagine a snowstorm! Losing power in the cold sounds terrifying. You are super lucky!! 
 The SNOWPLOW had to be towed out? That is wild.

@Susurrus i just tried MIO in my water the other day and it was fabulous! The water restrictions where in your area are strict! Aren’t you in Cape Cod? I’m surprised with how strict California is we aren’t doing the same thing. I am glad you are feeling good this week - You deserve it!! Playing outside sounds soo good right now.

7 Likes

Well it’s been a slightly rough start to the week. Not feeling well this morning, scratchy throat and lethargic. Lateral flow test was negative but I took myself for a PCR test too and now waiting for the results. Hopefully clear but still seem to have picked up a cold if not Covid.

I’ve done the Wolf Moon ritual this evening, aiming to hone my leadership skills to lead myself towards success for my new business.

And I managed to find another fab witchy book in TK Maxx at the weekend:

7 Likes

Way to go ladies @LadyAuld.ofChico for all the posts and to @rachel21 for all the love given.

Fully prepared for the Full Wolf Moon tonight. Got everything ready and set up, and called on the strength of the wolf for his help with energy and endurance.

Also placed out some of my crystals to replenish their energies.

Welcome to all of our newcomers, welcome to the Forum, looking forward to meeting you all.

5 Likes

That is so weird! You’d think they’d want people to drink more water since it’s healthier for you. I guess they want the taxes on soda and alcohol.

Yep. the snowplow had to be towed. Losing power in the cold is just, well, cold, and boring. I hate being without the computer and TV. But they open warming shelters and things like that for people who can’t get by. I won’t go to one because I won’t leave my cat. LOL. But yeah, snow can be fun too! I’m just too old to appreciate sliding anymore.

I hope it’s just a cold, for your sake! Feel better soon, love!

7 Likes

@Susurrus Good luck at your Friday appointment and I hope you hear back soon from the hospice! It sounds like you are taking good care of yourself and staying hydrated- although sorry about that weird new rule. If they ban single-use water bottles, why not ban single serve other beverages too? Curious :thinking: But despite that, I’m glad your week is off to a good start- blessed be! :blush:

@LadyAuld.ofChico Congrats again to you, and thanks for all you do! :heart::blush: I hope work wasn’t too chaotic for you during the full moon- take some well-deserved time to rest and recover if you can! Hope you’re doing well and that the full moon helped keep you energized through your work shift :full_moon_with_face:

@IrisW Oh nooo Iris! I’m so sorry to hear you’re not feeling well- I hope the PCR test comes back negative and that you are feeling much better asap :pray: Nice find at TK Maxx- I hope you enjoy the book! :blue_book: :sparkles:

@Debra2 May the wolf give you his blessings- I hope you had a wonderful Full Wolf Moon, Debra! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It sounds like a lovely ritual and a great time charging your crystals :gem:

I hope everyone’s week is off to a wonderful start! Happy Tuesday, everyone! :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you, I heard from hospice last night with the person to contact, so I emailed her this morning.

As for the rule about water bottles, it’s crazy right? Plus, we are a huge tourist, beach, water activities, bike riding town. Single use water bottles should be available to people especially when we have the big marathon in August where people come from all over the world to run the race! Our town committee is like the fun police. I wish I had the rules for beaches & like beach balls, footballs, volleyball, activities in general. They aren’t allowed basically, disturbs other beach goers.

I drive the 10 minutes to the store in a neighboring town to get cases of water. My son will pick up 35 packs of water from Wareham when he works there for the day. My daughter can’t bring them to school, so we have to empty them into a hydroflask for her to take to school.

5 Likes

That’s just crazy!

5 Likes

So, this morning I was outside (it’s trash & recycling day & very little by little, I’m cleaning up my yard & porches putting 1 or 2 things out there that have just been taking up space in our yard or on our porch) I happened to look up the street & saw a beautiful sky the following picture won’t do it justice, but here it is:

I literally turned around 180 degrees & could still see the full moon! Again the picture doesn’t do it justice, but I was in a liminal space between the sun & moon & it was beautiful & calming & just made me feel so happy to be able to experience it.

I hope everyone has a great day. Due to the weather, I wasn’t able to do much for the full moon, but I did feel the energy & I talked to someone about why I was seeking grief services & as per usual, it wasn’t well-received. I made it clear that I need to do this for myself because my family, friends, & especially myself can’t keep doing this & I need to be able to fully move forward & not go through the motions.

6 Likes

Those pictures are amazing!

I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time getting grief services. You’d think they’d be more open to you. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

5 Likes

@Amethyst it’s not that I was having a hard time getting them
 I was avoiding them. I was hiding from my feelings which through shadow work I know I shouldn’t do but it got to the point of no return where everything was triggered by simple things & I was suddenly grieving for my mother, Mom, & Nana (they passed in 2003) & couldn’t put into words what I was feeling anymore. So, I emailed them Monday & got an appointment Friday morning before I see my psychiatrist.

5 Likes

Ah! I had a difficult time with Hospice when Mom died. I’m glad it’s not the same for you. Good luck with your appointment on Friday and take the good tissues with you!

5 Likes

I happened to get lucky that the social services coordinator remembers my mother fondly because she had previously worked with her over the years when my mother had originally gone out of work on (at the time) short-term disability. She also visited my mother in the nursing home. My mother worked in the medical field at 1 of the major hospitals which is also a learning hospital Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital in NH. So through those connections & services that mother had over the years, the coordinator knew her personally.

5 Likes

That’s good, that will help. Good luck on Friday!

5 Likes

I know what you mean about the phones never taking pictures that really show what our eyes are capturing. However, there is a crispness of your photos. I can feel the cold in the air and the newness of the morning. I absolutely love these pics.

6 Likes