Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! June 27 - July 3 🌚

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

This Wednesday, June 29th, we will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon. The exact time of the peak phase will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle.

You can learn more about the symbolism, traditions, and best-suited spellwork for this moon phase in the New Moon Rituals Guide :new_moon:

New-Moon-Manifestations

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Fan of Astrology? Join Astrologer Abs as she shares her wisdom and insight for the week ahead in Astrological Forecast WC 27th June 2022 :telescope:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, June 30th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Tea Ritual - Seasonal Litha 2022

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, July 1st . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, you can check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: The Hundredth Challenge :100:

Spells8 CHALLENGE images

This challenge will close on Tuesday, June 28th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - The Hundredth Challenge :100:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XVIII (Jun 3 - Jul 1)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, Jul 1st .

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread:

→ :memo: Spells8 Book Club XVII - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Thursday, June 30th .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: April, May, June 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ A Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

Affirmations and Inspirations

Visit April, May, June 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this discussion will close on Thursday, June 30th .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@michelle59, @emily41, @callou, @Shefollowsthemoon, @keyonia, @shayla3, @sevienne, @grayson, @posey, @teighan-paige, @michele13, @drew1, @jacques, @heidi3, @ashley63, @rita1, @tawny1, @marleshia, @redbird, @maya2, @shannon24, @sev, @sarina, @chaitea43, @tasha11, @elliana, @ArianrhodSelene, @kimberly57, @christina44, @tammie5, @james16, @jamie24, @kayleigh2, @justice2, @ryann, @madi, @_DivineGoddsisis111, @heather66, @brianne, @c11, @kaitlyn1, @kassi, @evelyn3, @megan29, @amy61, @kenzie2, @courtney16, @rebecca4, @gabrielle10, @giuliana1, @haleigh1, @collette, @tricia1, @sheena5, @nicole5, @lori9, @noah, @raven6, @krystalyn, @ian2, @jack1, @patricia20, @penny4, @sarah66, @lutfiye, @courtney17, @misty11, @nikki10, @hannah31, @cynthia18, @arlene1, @veronique, @michele14, @angel24, @lettie, @supriya2, @luna-katharina, @troy2, @courtney18, @TIPPY42, @candace7, @denise8, @keoreyanna, @latisha2, @david11, @vontara, @courtney19, @chelsea26, @Kim13, @laura36, @nicole43, @lisa44, @christy11, @diana11, @jessica102, @danielle8, @stacie3, @marchelle, @anya2, @babiann, @amber52, @tobis

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @Mistress_Of_Herbs - for sharing the most posts over the past week :writing_hand:

• @Ostara - for giving out the most hearts, on a two-week streak! :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Now that Sabbat and solstice celebrations have wound down, how are you feeling? :heart: Will you be taking a restful break or working any magick for the New Moon? :new_moon:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :new_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

15 Likes

Congrats @Mistress_Of_Herbs! Thank you @BryWisteria.

8 Likes

Congratulations :tada: you two! Thank you both for being amazing hearts of the forum!

9 Likes

It’s my pleasure, @Ostara- thank you so much for all the love you share! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

7 Likes

Congratulations @Mistress_Of_Herbs and @Ostara!

8 Likes

Thank you both for Sharing From The Heart :heart:

With Gratitude :pray: Always…

7 Likes

Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!! Thats so cool. Now that i can post beyond the allotted. :grin::grin::grin:

9 Likes

Congrats @Mistress_Of_Herbs and @Ostara!!

After solstice, a busy week of catch up challenge entries, a devastating ruling from SCOTUS, and a weekend celebrating my baby brother’s birthday, I am in need of a break! I use the new moon to set intentions for the next cycle. I am still trying to decide what I want to set for my next 28 days. The new moon will be in Cancer, which is nurturing, caring, intuitive, and empathetic. The shadow side spends all of its energy on others, while forgetting to show the same level of care to itself. I think it will be important for me to focus on taking care of myself just as much as I do everyone else.

11 Likes

Most excellent. Thanks for sharing. Hoping for a less stressful week for u honey. Thanks for all u do

10 Likes

I have a lite work week and nowhere to go this week so I think it will be! Time to catch up on my chores and then curl up with a book and tea.

10 Likes

Sounds like a wonderful idea. If u need or want any new recipes let me know. I have over 30 tea and oil recipes each. And im always creating new ones. U even made a covid tea, it relieves symptoms in just 3 days. I even have a menopause tea for anyone interested. My grandmother and mother swear by it

11 Likes

Anything for allergy relief?? Mine are kicking my butt this year! I have lavender and lemongrass in my diffuser at all times.

9 Likes

Omg yes maam i do. And my mom swears by it too. She has chronic sinusitis.

8 Likes

You just became my best friend :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sneezing_face: :tea:

8 Likes

Congratulations on the shout out ladies! You deserve it!

@Amaris_Bane sounds like you’re working on some needed self-care. Good luck!

As for me, I had another good report from the leg doctor today so I’m really pleased. I won’t have to go in because it’s the holiday next week so that’s nice too! I don’t have anything planned for the new moon tomorrow, sad to say. I’ll need to figure that out. Maybe that’ll be my project this month. I like that idea of focusing on something each month that @Amaris_Bane mentioned, I may steal that. LOL!

Hope everyone is having a good start of the week!

8 Likes

Congratulations @Mistress_Of_Herbs & @Ostara! Thank you for all you contribute to the forum! :revolving_hearts:

@Amaris_Bane I’m sorry to hear about your allergies still bothering you. I wish I knew of something to help with those. I actually switched to that type of thing while working with my Chakras. It works out better for my learning & applying.

@Mistress_Of_Herbs… what is in the menopause one? I heard red clover & black cohosh are good for menopause. Im curious what to be prepared for :laughing:

I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 9 AM. My daughter is out of school, so i wont have to get her up & going, starting a half an hour before she needs to be up :flushed: She comes by it honestly though.

The rest of my week, we are taking as it comes. I definitely need a rest & recharge type of week. Maybe throw in some self care with a dash of self love :heart:

7 Likes

@Amaris_Bane If your not allergic see if you can find a local beekeeper and eat a spoonful of local honey daily. Also, if the beekeeper has bee pollen get some of that and start out with just a few grains a day and work up to a spoonful of that.
I used to live North of the Red river and that was what I used for my allergies. So much drainage! :sneezing_face:
If that doesn’t work maybe move to the desert and get a new set of allergies! :roll_eyes:
If I hear of anything else I will pass it on :wink: Feel better :rose: :rose: :rose:
:butterfly:

5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll see if I can find one here. I only have them on spring but boy are they bad, this year in particular too.

7 Likes

I sent my recipe to u. Yes black cohosh is wonderful for menopause. Red clover is not used as much mainly for menstruating or pregnant women. It wont hurt u to use tho if u wish.

Good luck tomorrow with your appointment. My mom was taking estrogen for yrs, since she was 32, due to having a full hysterectomy. And i was so disheartened bc she would always tell me about her hot flashes, irritability, lack of sleep. And just feeling like crap. Since drinking this tea she no longer has the hot flashes or any of the issues, and doesnt take the estrogen.

6 Likes