Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 1 - 7 šŸ”„

Merry Meet!

Welcome to your weekly update about whatā€™s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Witchy Holiday: Sabbat :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

Other Events & Sabbats - MMM

ā†’ Monday, May 1

Blessed Sabbat! Those in the Northern Hemisphere will be celebrating Beltane :fire:. This holiday is the first of the Celtic fire festivals and marks the mid-way point between the Spring Equinox and the Summer Solstice :sun:

Beltane-Sabbat-Celebration-Wicca-Spells8-360x240

Want to honor the occasion? Here are a few ideas and suggestions for how you might celebrate this witchy holiday:

(In the Southern Hemisphere? Click here for Samahin information!)

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will be celebrating Samhain :skull:. This holiday is also known as the Witchesā€™ New Year and marks the mid-point between the Autumn Equinox and the Winter Solstice :sun:

Witches-New-Year-Samhain-360x240

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

Click on the pictures and links above for more information and ways to celebrate!

Want to share the Sabbat fun with your coven? Come join us over in A Sacred Space to share decorations, crafting, cooking, altar pictures and more in:

Coven Celebrations 2023 Beltane Samhain

ā†’ Beltane/Samhain 2023 :sparkles: Coven Celebrations

Witchy Holiday Guide : Want to know more about the eight witchiest holidays? Visit the Wheel of the Year to learn about these keystone seasonal celebrations :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Beltane 2023

ā†’ Thursday, May 4

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This weekā€™s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Spell-for-Flower-Moon-360x240

ā†’ Friday, May 5

This week, the skies will shine with the beauty of a Full Moon- the moon of May is called the Full Flower Moon :blossom:. The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Flower Moon Ritual Page . Mayā€™s full moon arrives when nature is in full bloom in the Northern Hemisphere- this moon is a particularly strong time for manifestation, abundance, and fertility :sparkles:

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time when the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Lunar Eclipse :black_circle: ] ]

Lunar-Eclipse-Candle-Ritual-Magick-360x240

ā†’ Friday, May 5

This weekā€™s Full Moon is an extra special one- as it is also a Lunar Eclipse! A lunar eclipse occurs when the moon moves into the shadow of the Earth, temporarily blocking it from view. This weekā€™s solar eclipse is categorized as a penumbral eclipse. The duration and visibility of the eclipse will depend on your physical location.

While some witches choose to refrain from casting during an eclipse, others choose to draw on the unique energy. If you wish cast during this exciting celestial event, here is a Lunar Eclipse Candle Ritual for you! :full_moon_with_face:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Freebie Friday - 360x240

ā†’ Friday, May 5

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Free readings are held in the Energy Exchange Category every Friday. As we wait for this weekā€™s reading session to begin, you can check out the previous Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Keep track of upcoming witchy and pagan holidays by downloading and printing your copy of the 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

And for more witchy goodness (including freebies and spells!) delivered right to your email inbox, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :incoming_envelope:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever youā€™d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: The Divine Masculine :male_sign:

Divine Masculine Energy Witch Challenge Spells8

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, May 2 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session !

spells8 book club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, May 12 .

And if you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the Readerā€™s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXVI - Readersā€™ Reviews

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This monthā€™s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, May 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this monthā€™s birthday discussion will close on Wednesday, May 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Friday, June 30th.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as youā€™d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@ray2 - @robyn3 - @rio - @karolina3 - @lynn8 - @jon - @barbie2 - @amy82 - @heather27 - @megan40 - @alisha16 - @kirstyanne - @mari5 - @lara6 - @ashley103 - @asteriamoon - @veronica13 - @renae3 - @vikki1 - @mark8 - @tammy24 - @lillian5 - @susana - @patricia25 - @deborah23 - @janet6 - @autumn5 - @breanna7 - @keithen1 - @styx - @kristen25 - @jeanette2 - @jenifer2 - @destiny16 - @hailey3 - @lawrence1 - @andrea1 - @katie27 - @sandy6 - @olivia12 - @marie23 - @laura51 - @jennifer152 - @destiny17 - @olivia13 - @riss - @lilija - @suzanne9 - @amos - @Moomin - @tasha16 - @emmanuella - @donna6 - @jo-anne - @napu - @candice2 - @ron - @mikah - @carlene4 - @GreenPagan13 - @alisha17 - @rachael2 - @ana5 - @christi1 - @adrian5 - @lauren32 - @nikki-anne1 - @keely - @tianna1 - @cyrus - @rachel62 - @chelsie4 - @chelsea39 - @Lady_Nyx - @teresa15 - @destiny18

If you havenā€™t done so already, please jump in by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . You might share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say hello to your fellow magick-lovers :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

• @Nixi - for sharing the most posts :writing_hand: (On a two-week shout-out streak!)

• @AIRAM - for giving out the most hearts :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Click here to learn more about Activity Shout Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period. This is simply to give others a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Community

Once a month, any member who goes above and beyond for their fellow coven members day after day over the course of the entire previous month receives a Community Shout-Out.

Community Awarded users for April 2023 are:

• @Marsha - for sharing heartfelt happy birthday messages every day and for giving a warm welcome to every single new member in their introduction posts

• @Amethyst - for wishing a warm welcome to every single new member in their introduction posts

It takes a lot of dedication to welcome and help fellow coven members feel at home here every day- everything you do is very much appreciated! :heart:

Click here to learn more about Community Shout Out Awards

All those who receive a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the CCC Badge.

As this is a difficult badge to earn (it takes a lot of dedication to welcome/share messages for fellow coven members every day over the course of the whole month!), there are no limits to how many users can receive this monthly shout-out. This badge is just a small thank you to show appreciation for the daily work these users do to make their fellow coven members feel at home :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

Weā€™d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 canā€™t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Blessed Sabbat, Full Moon, and Lunar Eclipse! :partying_face: Itā€™s sure to be an exciting week- what are you looking forward to most? :heart:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed Be! :fire::sparkles:

15 Likes

Thank you for the shout-out, Bry! And yay to @Nixi, @AIRAM, and @marsha for theirs! Congratulations everyone!

My doctorā€™s appointment for today got changed so I was able to do my Beltane ritual and meditation without being rushed this morning! So yay! Itā€™s a cold, grey day for Beltane here though, all the more reason to curl up with a good book and read. LOL!

I hope you all are having a good celebration!

10 Likes

Blessed Bealtaine everyone! :heart:

I donā€™t have as busy of a week this week as I usually do. Well, I hope I donā€™t :crossed_fingers: Things somehow end up happening that arenā€™t on my schedule ā€“ I wish the universe would check my schedule before adding things to my to-do list :joy:

Congratulations on the shout-outs everyone! :heart:

8 Likes

Thanks, my dear!

8 Likes

Congratulations :tada: @Nixi for the most posts & @AIRAM for the most hearts! Another congratulations :confetti_ball: to @Amethyst & @marsha for all that you do throughout the forum also! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope everyone is having a great sabbat! Iā€™m off to a bumpy start this week & month as may be :laughing:

I do have 3 appointments this week, 1 tomorrow & 2 on Wednesday :flushed: so after those I should be back to somewhat of a flow :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Change is inevitable & trying to move with it is getting a bit easier :blush:

8 Likes

Update to the MMM :

This weekā€™s group ritual is now live in the forum! For more details, you can visit the full post by clicking the picture and/or link below (a gentle reminder to please log in so that you can access content in A Sacred Space)

5-4-23 Full Moon Flower May Petal Protection Spell

(Group Ritual - May 4) :full_moon: Petals of Protection - May Full Flower Moon Spell

The Full Flower Moon of May has arrived! A moon of abundance, strength, growth, and beauty, use the energy of this mid-spring moon along with the four Elements to protect your space and help those within the boundaries you set to thrive :hibiscus:

Looking forward to sharing a cup with you then- cheers, Infinite Roots! :coffee: :full_moon: :blossom:

10 Likes

Thanks, @Susurrus for the congratulations! I hope things go better for you after your appointments!

10 Likes

Congratulations to my dear @AIRAM, @Nixi and my sweet @Amethyst & @marsha :kissing_heart: :heart: :people_hugging:

9 Likes

I should have time this week for this meditation! And I need to find a tea that I like for it ā€“ I had to quit drinking coffee due to medication interactions :grimacing: and it has not been fun! I do have a few teas I like, so itā€™s not all bad lol just a big adjustment.

8 Likes

Hi Amethyst you are a gem :gem:! We love you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Nixi - My goal is to at least have a goal unplaced for sharing! Thank you for your contribution!
Airam! Love :heart: this you have my heart :purple_heart: :blue_heart::heart::yellow_heart::sparkling_heart::revolving_hearts::green_heart::orange_heart::heavy_heart_exclamation::heartbeat::heart_decoration:
Love
Jeannie

8 Likes

Congrats everyone!

9 Likes

Thank you @Solasta_Amore, @Jeannie1, and @Heav3n! Yā€™all are awesome!

11 Likes

Quitting coffee is tough- caffeine cravings aside, itā€™s hard to lose a daily ritual and part of your routine. Sending big hugs to you, Megan, I hope youā€™re able to adjust to the change quickly! :people_hugging: :heart:

(P.S Youā€™re always welcome in the tea-lovers club! :wink::tea:)

11 Likes

Ī•Ļ…Ļ‡Ī±ĻĪ¹ĻƒĻ„ĻŽ Ļ€ĪæĪ»Ļ!

(Translated by Google) Thank you very much!

11 Likes

Itā€™s been pretty hard, Iā€™ll admit it. I think the most difficult thing is the ritual of it. Everything about making tea in the morning is different than making coffee and it throws me off :laughing: and the taste of tea, the flavors, arenā€™t necessarily as strong as those of coffee and the creamer I used. :tea: But Iā€™m doing alright otherwise lol I have a handful of teas I enjoy and Iā€™ll find more eventually.

What would you recommend for a good tea to have in the morning? Iā€™ve got an Earl Grey and a Chai Rooibos for mornings right now. Theyā€™re okay, but I think I want more flavor, if that makes sense? Just nothing fruity :joy: not for the morning!

10 Likes

Thereā€™s a Breakfast Teaā€¦ maybe English breakfast? And the other Iā€™ll have to go through my cabinet & find the name of that I would drink in the morning :sunrise_over_mountains: & they were pretty goodā€¦ bold? Not sure thats the right word. :joy:

9 Likes

Iā€™ll have to look for that one next time Iā€™m at the grocery store. Iā€™ve got a whole list of teas to try now :laughing:

9 Likes

Megan, :triquetra:
:rofl: try b-12 I know getting off the caffeine can be difficult but I believe in you you are magical!
Jeannie

10 Likes

@BryWisteria Thank you :pray: for the shiny new badge :partying_face: to add to my collection! :blush: I hope you know how much I appreciate you! :tada: :green_heart:

@Nixi Thank you so much for sharing the most posts :writing_hand: for 2 weeks in a row! Great job! :hugs: :two_hearts:

@AIRAM Thank you :pray: for sharing so much love with us! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :pink_heart:

@Amethyst Thank you :pray: so much for welcoming all the new members :pray: You really make such a difference for each new member! :people_hugging: :purple_heart:

My sincere thanks :pray: to @BryWisteria & @Amethyst & @MeganB & @Susurrus & @Solasta_Amore & @Heav3n I love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and appreciate all you!

10 Likes