Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! (Nov 21 - 27) 🌚

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

New-Moon-Manifestations

Wednesday, November 23

This week we will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon. The exact time of the peak phase will vary according to your location.

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle.

New-Moon-Spells

You can learn more about the symbolism, traditions, and best-suited spellwork for this moon phase in the New Moon Rituals Guide :new_moon:

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Group Tea Ritual - Seasonal Image

Thursday, November 24

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Picture from Pexels

Friday, November 25

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

The post will appear in the forum on Friday, but until then you can check out last week’s Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC Group Healing Session

Friday, November 25 at 1:00 PM EST

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the second of two live healing sessions this month.

You can visit the current EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: November 2022

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange Category of the forum.

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more upcoming witchy and pagan holidays, you can check out the current 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar or the NEW 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

For news and information about witchy happenings delivered to your email inbox three times a week, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Catch-Up! :clock11:

Spells8 Weekly Witchy Challenge Catch-Up

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, November 22 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

The 22nd Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush:

Spells8 Book Club

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

The next reading session of Book Club will begin this Friday, November 25 - so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, November 30 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Wednesday, November 30.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Saturday, December 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

[ [ Fun in the Forum :mage: ] ]

In addition to the events and activities listed above, there are also various fun activities and themed gatherings shared by coven members!

Fun in the Forum MMM

Here is a selection of engaging discussions active in the past week where participation is warmly encouraged.

Highlighted this week:

Please note that many of these discussions do not have set deadlines- as long as they are active, they will remain open for chatting and sharing! Feel free to jump in :heart:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@Jennifer573 - @courtney25 - @jenny9 - @april34 - @brianna11 - @hunter3 - @ciara4 - @trevor3 - @jennessa - @kristine9 - @chelsea30 - @kitty1 - @sara29 - @weston - @cory - @charlene6 - @amanda91 - @kimberlyB - @Cosmic_Curiosity - @felicia11 - @jamie34 - @brooke10 - @candis - @selena5 - @jaimee - @rachael12 - @kim17 - @carly1 - @misskd91 - @monica15 - @melanie15 - @andres - @harley8 - @kristen22 - @brianna12 - @avalon1 - @amanda92 - @alexandria3 - @dee7 - @olivia10 - @jeanetta - @rachel49 - @valencia2 - @jacquita - @nasreen - @kelly6 - @jamie35 - @samantha85 - @pamela19 - @leondre - @stevie3 - @stephon - @jennifer126 - @nolwandle - @kendra6 - @susan18 - @elsa3 - @sierria - @morgan21 - @thimitra - @a112 - @morgan22 - @kimberly18 - @stephenie3 - @bells17 - @sierra14 - @allyson1 - @lynette4 - @sharon21 - @AnneMarie33 - @nicollette - @aguendine - @ashley84 - @lynette5 - @lakon - @ashley85 - @kayla43 - @jessica127 - @amber69 - @cassidy1 - @remington - @elle2 - @jennifer127 - @richard10 - @jana5 - @kimberly71 - @stephanie59 - @jaime2 - @danielle39 - @andrika - @sara30 - @lena1 -@amber70 -

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers from last week are:

• @TheMuslimWitch - for sharing the most posts in the forum over the past week :writing_hand:

• @Ostara - for giving out the most hearts in the forum over the last seven days :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Will you be celebrating the holidays or doing seasonal shopping this week? :turkey::shopping: Planning any moon magick or dark moon reflective work? :black_circle:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :new_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! And many congratulations to @TheMuslimWitch and @Ostara for your contributions to the forum! Y’all are doing great!

I plan on doing a road opener spell on the New Moon in the hope that the next month goes well. I want to end the year off on a good note, you know?

I’m going to the skin doctor today followed by the usual wound care center. After that, I don’t plan on leaving my little apartment. The holiday rush is insane! I’m not even sending Sally out into it, I’m having my groceries delivered. Thank the gods for Walmart+.

Of course, everything is getting down to the wire for the big day, Turkey Day. After which is Yuletide and decorating and all that sort of thing. A busy time of year.

I hope this week goes well for all of you. For those of you who are American, Happy Thanksgiving. And for those of you who are not, Happy Thursday anyhow! LOL!

7 Likes

Happy Monday dear ones! I’m off this week… this school year is weird and the make up of energies in my class is draining and not a lot of fun to be in… so I am thankful for some time away.

Lots of self care this week…. I bought my first official spinning wheel, so I am taking some time to really get to know it. It is not the spinning wheel I really wanted, but it was available and the price was right… but after using it for several days now, I really think I like it!

I’ll spend lots of time with my family. My sister and my nieces are coming in. I shared my witchcraft journey with my sister around Samhain (she’s a medium) and it’s been kind of cool to chat with her about ideas. I’m excited to share some books that I have with her and she’s bringing me a book too. She’s 20 weeks pregnant and having a terrible time of it, so I plan to sit her on the couch so she can snooze and keep my sweet nieces occupied. I think we are going to make rolled beeswax candles and decorate cookies and go on a fall hike. We might needle felt some ornaments… I don’t know! We will just see what we get into!

Dinner on Thursday, shopping on Friday….

It’s looking to be a lovely week!

7 Likes

Good morning everyone :revolving_hearts:

I don’t have to babysit my nephew this week so I get a bit of a rest period :laughing: I’ve got some plans for the New Moon – well, I have plans to make plans :rofl: anyway, I’m looking forward to this week and being able to focus on myself and my family.

I’m definitely going to plan a New Moon Ritual – I’ve got some things I want to work on and I feel like the New Moon is a great time for that.

Shoutout to you two! :partying_face: :tada: :clap: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I don’t blame you at all – I don’t want to go out in it at all either :laughing: We order our groceries, too. Going to the store is such a pain in the butt! I hope your appointments go well!

How exciting! I can’t wait to see what kind of things you decide to make – I really enjoyed reading about the first yarn you were able to spin :blush: I hope you have a good time with your sister and the rest of your family :blush:

7 Likes

We are so blessed to have both of you here in the Spells 8 family. Congrats :piñata: on your new badges. Your contributions are appreciated!

@TheMuslimWitch :partying_face: Thank you for sharing your wisdom and inspiration with us! :writing_hand:

@Ostara :tada: Thank you for sharing so much love :gift_heart: with us!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

Oh wow thank you. I didn’t even realise i got this. Much appreciated :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you so much :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you very much for noticing :blush: I never realise that i have done this as i enjoy contributing so much here :blush:
@Ostara Congrats to you too what an achievement. Keep it up i love seeing you here in the coven :blush: :heart:

6 Likes

Congrats to you too! Thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria, @Amethyst, @MeganB and @marsha! I went in to work at 5:30 am and this witch is tired. I may do it again tomorrow. I don’t like holidays. We get time off but the work is still coming in!

5 Likes

Sounds like a fun time! Don’t wear yourself out before shopping! LOL! Have a good visit with your family!

It’s nice to help the family but it’s also good that you can focus on your own.

Thanks, hon! Both went easy peasy and I don’t have to go out until next Monday. I’m happy with it!

You’re welcome!

You’re welcome! And I hope you get a day or two of rest in later in the week. I’m sorry you’re having to work so hard.

5 Likes

Update to the MMM:

This week’s group ritual is now live in the forum! For more details, please click the picture and/or link below to visit the full ritual page (please remember to make sure that you are logged in in order to view the group ritual!)

11-24-2022 Soothing Tea Digestion Thanksgiving

(Group Ritual - Nov 24) :plate_with_cutlery: Tea for Healthy Digestion

'Tis the season for pigging out on tasty treats! This time of the year comes with loaded plates- and a little magick for good digestion can go a long way at the holidays! :pregnant_woman:

Whether you plan to feast this Thanksgiving or want to simply enjoy a healthy moment- feel free to join your coven this week for this meditative tea time for healthy digestion :heart:

Blessed be, Infinite Roots! :infinite_roots: :tea::sparkles:

6 Likes

That’s good to hear :clap: I’m glad it went smoothly!

5 Likes

Muslim Witch,
Hooray :smile: you are a star :star:and thanks for your contribution! Honestly I have been thinking of a couple topics I want to discuss! But you are showing up and we appreciate your willingness to show up!
Ostara​:blue_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::kissing_heart:Thanks for all the love know I just want to give you a big :people_hugging:
I hope you feel the warmth and love too for giving out all that love!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Thanks, love! They gave me a steroid shot for inflammation and it’s messing with my blood sugar, but other than that it’s good sailing.

How are you doing?

4 Likes

I’m doing alright! Just dealing with the usual weekly things, work, home life, etc. :laughing: It’s pretty boring in my house!

5 Likes

Boring can be good sometimes, especially at the holidays. That means everything is going to plan. Have a good Turkey Day!

5 Likes

That’s true – boring is good sometimes! I hope you have a good Turkey Day too :turkey: (though I’ll be eating no turkey lol)

5 Likes

Heh. No turkey here either. It’s just me and a friend so that would be too much for the two of us, and she doesn’t really like turkey. Still, stuffing! Mmm!

6 Likes