Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Nov 22 🌗

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, November 25th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Picture from Pixabay

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

:grey_exclamation: The live Zoom call part of the group ritual has been canceled this week due to Thanksgiving Day commitments. Please look forward to live meetings in the future!

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post and the recorded portion of last week’s Zoom meet to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, November 26th .

Please be aware that there will not be a Freebie Friday post this week due to Thanksgiving commitments. Please look forward to Freebie Friday posts in the future!

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

This Saturday, November 27th , we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon.

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life :broom: .

For more information about specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter .

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

The Last Quarter Moon is a Waning Moon phase. For more Moon Magick and the best spells for this time of month, visit the Waning Moon Magick Guide. :last_quarter_moon:

Find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on today’s moon energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :full_moon_with_face:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan events, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

Join these current activities any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Catch-Up! :clock2:

Spells8 Witchy Challenge Catch-Up

This challenge will close Tuesday, November 23rd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Catch-Up :clock2:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XII (Nov 5 - Dec 3)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, December 3rd .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@lyndsay1, @emily34, @ashley44, @linda9, @ernest1, @brenda14, @ellen1, @shae1, @taylor20, @brittany34, @ashley45, @marina2, @tiffanie2, @nicole32, @shannon16, @elisha1, @Junolove3228, @stacy6, @carrie3, @pandora, @sarah45, @tabby, @jill3, @thowell1, @micah1, @akiroq, @AshaMarie, @marie13, @nicole33, @elizabeth23, @amy43, @Ostara, @mary31, @brittany35, @lorraine1, @heather44, @nancy1, @jennifer69, @mariah1, @eric1, @amber34, @louise4, @autumn11, @amber35, @lisa39, @christine15, @jaclyn3, @marilyn, @dawn15, @charlotte9, @amber36, @cris, @ae1, @krishna1, @david6, @nicole34, @janis, @tarwyn, @nancy2, @denise6, @candace6, @david7, @Esa, @juanita2, @joshua7, @Rachel018, @emily35, @lacey1, @tiffany23, @kristina11, @eva2, @alison6, @keri1, @gabrielle7, @Lyrica, @nariah, @tasha6, @natasha17, @jessica76, @morgan11, @virginia4, @Jeje, @alina1, @nafisa, @gina7, @breanna3, @rebecca19, @hannah22, @anne3, @laith, @tracy11

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo to @Christina4 for sharing the most posts over the past week! :writing_hand: Your wisdom and encouragement are always greatly appreciated :blush:

• Lots of love back to @jessica72 for giving out the most hearts in the forum, on a two-week streak! :heart: Thank you for sharing love and kindness :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for four weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Art by Snozzbear: Last Quarter Moon

Has the Full Blood Moon left you energized or exhausted? :full_moon_with_face: Have you begun Sabbat preparations or plan to wait until next month? :partying_face:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

(And to the many coven members located in the USA- have a blessed Thanksgiving! :turkey:)

Blessed be! :last_quarter_moon::sparkles:

14 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 and @jessica72! You ladies do so much for the forum, you rock!

I’m up early going to the doctor today. I’ve got two new strong antibiotics I’m on and I hope they are worth it because one interacts with my antidepressants and I’ve had to stop taking those. Hopefully, there are some signs of healing when they unwrap my leg today.

Other than that, I’m getting ready for American Thanksgiving. I’m going to eat too much and mess up my sugar but who cares? It’s a holiday! LOL. And after Santa comes through on the parade I can start to decorate for Yule. Whee!

So that’s what I’m up to this week. What are you guys up to? I hope you’re having a good Monday. Love you all! :hugs:

12 Likes

Congratulations @christina4 & @jessica72! :partying_face: Awesome job :hugs:

I hope they were worth it too @Amethyst! Sending you positive & healing vibes this morning! :dizzy:

We have been gathering items over the last week for Thanksgiving :turkey: & I can safely say… we are ready to start cooking on Wednesday :joy: We are also bringing up a tree & other items for the next set of holidays. :christmas_tree: We combine decorations, as of right now I’m the only known pagan in the home. Everyone else follows a form of Christianity. We combine them well though. They are very accepting of my path.

I hope everyone has a great start to their week! :two_hearts: :infinite_roots:

12 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 and @jessica72 :hearts: It’s great to have you both here and you’re both very much appreciated :partying_face:

I’m ready to finally get some sleep again. I swear, I haven’t slept well in days :sweat_smile:

Oh @Amethyst I hope everything works out quickly and smoothly with your antibiotics. I’ve been there with meds interacting with other things and it is not fun :pray:t3:

We combine our holidays too @Susurrus because I’m also the only pagan in the house :laughing: It’s okay with me, though. Christmas in our home has always been a secular holiday and not really anything religious. To be honest, I don’t really celebrate Yule or the Solstice either :laughing: I tend to just acknowledge the turning of the wheel and the transitional periods but that’s about it :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

@MeganB I think that’s the word I was searching for in my head, I couldn’t figure out how to describe it, there’s really no religion behind our celebration of Christmas. I do a couple of things for Yule around the house. Simmer pots, diffuser blends, pinecone wishes, & a witch’s ball or some sort of another DIY ornament. I recently made up a few besoms & witch’s bells. Nothing really significant. Other than Christmas dinner. :yum:

9 Likes

You’ve just given me some great ideas for gifts for my daughter’s friends :speak_no_evil: But yeah, that’s how it is here!

8 Likes

Merry Meet Monday!

I will be preparing for a visit from my son and grandbabies this Wednesday. I’m not celebrating Thanksgiving, in the traditional sense. No turkey, but a homemade tray of Lasagna, Salad, and Garlic Bread will be our feast. I am the only proclaimed Pagan in my circle, maybe @Luna95 but I don’t want to speak for her in certainty. The others are learning and share in the celebrations. I’ve never been religious.
Yule, for my family, is the next celebration.
May this week be full in abundance and joy for us all.

Blessed Be,

11 Likes

Congratulations ladies @christina4 & @jessica72 for all your love & wisdom. Way to go ladies :heart: :sparkles: :hugs:

9 Likes

Thank you, my dear. The doctor said my wound looks smaller but just a little bit. Not much progress but I’ll take it!

Thank you! I’m just glad I read the warning labels and asked, you know? That could have been bad.

9 Likes

@Susurrus @Amethyst @debra2 @MeganB thank you everyone :blush: I’m starting to think that I have an itchy witchy tirigger finger with my likes :rofl:

9 Likes

Update
Well plans may be changing, @Luna95 isn’t feeling too well so they may not be able to come for a visit. I’m going to do a healing spell for her in just a few minutes, any positive healing energy is very much appreciated.
By the way I don’t know where my head was this morning…Congrats to @christina4 and @jessica72 for another fabulous week of spreading love and sharing wise words.

9 Likes

Thank you @Rowan :blush:

8 Likes

Enjoy your preparations for Thanksgiving, @Amethyst- I’m sure you’ll find some very tasty treats to celebrate the holiday! :yum: Good luck with the medicine- did your visit to the doctor go okay?

Sounds like lots of exciting plans, @Susurrus- I bet your house is already starting to look and feel very happy and festive for the season! :christmas_tree: Enjoy your celebration preparations!

Oh no, @MeganB- hope you were finally able to get some good sleep! :heart:

So sorry to hear that Luna isn’t feeling well- sending positive healing energy their way :pray: It sounds like you’ve got plans for a delicious feast, @Rowan! :drooling_face: Enjoy your preparations and hope you have a wonderful week!

9 Likes

Nope, still weird sleep. I’m not sure why at this point :laughing: I woke up at 3:45 this morning and just laid in bed with my fiancé because I couldn’t fall back asleep.

9 Likes

I’m sorry she’s not feeling well. I’ll keep her in mind tonight when I’m sending out energy!

The doctor went well. She didn’t find any signs of infection other than pain and that should even go away as the meds help. And she said it’s smaller! I don’t see it, but I’ll take it! Thanks, @BryWisteria!

10 Likes

@Amethyst Thank you I appreciate it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m glad to hear you got good news from the doctor. :grin:

9 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope she feels better soon!

7 Likes

I hope everyone is having a great start of the Elder month :deciduous_tree:

And those in the US, I hope you have a peaceful, yet Witch-spiced Thanksgiving day with loved ones. :family_man_woman_boy: :pie:

11 Likes

@Francisco thank you. Hope your holidays are blessed

11 Likes

Merry Meet
I am sorry it’s Tuesday, I got the booster shot today and been looking forward to sharing with you, this coming up ritual.

I see Christina and Jessica been working on the forum and just wanted to say congratulations to you both!
As for meNovember 16 ritual with Hecate then the eclipse. I did a ritual twice. I felt spiritually and mentally I needed to rest.
My son came home for a little bit and left. I hope you guys are all doing well my pretties!! Gobble Gobble And Happy Thanksgiving :turkey:
Jeannie

11 Likes