Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Nov 8 🍂

Merry Meet!

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, November 11th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Art by KteaCrumpet: Autumn Witch Drinking Tea

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

:grey_exclamation: The live Zoom call part of the group ritual has been cancelled this week due to Veteran’s Day commitments. Apologies, please look forward to the call next week!

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held in the forum every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect. You can also view the recorded meditation part of last week’s live Zoom meet.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase Thursday, October 11th .

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

The First Quarter Moon is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing .

From the Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? Know that this special moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle .

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

Check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this part of the moon cycle :first_quarter_moon:

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, November 12th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For additional upcoming pagan events, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

Join these current activities any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Working with Higher Powers :angel:

Witchy Challenge Higher Powers Deities Spells8

This challenge will close Tuesday, November 9th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Working with Higher Powers :angel:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XII (Nov 5 - Dec 3)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, December 3rd .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@tyler2, @kara6, @jennifer66, @aexandria, @benada, @heather43, @miranda7, @melissa25, @candie, @trisha1, @IndigoStar, @marco, @alyssa8, @dusty1, @Davanas, @taylor19, @kristen10, @jenny4, @jody2, @sara17, @jamie17, @erica13, @amanda45, @miadora, @stephanie41, @malissa, @amanda46, @victoria24, @emily32, @michele10, @meighan, @carol1, @jacquelyn3, @erin15, @monica8, @destanie1, @danielle24, @omar, @sarah42, @jecenia, @bethany5, @Lyra_Luna, @luzetta, @deray, @joshua5, @raquel2, @walid, @amber32, @alyson, @alanna2

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• A double round of applause to @Rowan for sharing the most hearts and posts in the forum this week! :writing_hand: :heart: Many thanks for both your wisdom and positivity- keep on being awesome! :sparkling_heart:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for four weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Will you be working any Moon Magick this week? :first_quarter_moon: Any fun spells or rituals on your mind? :sparkles:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :fallen_leaf: :heart:

13 Likes

Congratulations :clap::confetti_ball: @Rowan for a double shout-out!

10 Likes

Congratulations @Rowan :blush:

8 Likes

Congratulations @Rowan! You’re awesome! Thanks for sharing the love with the forum!

I don’t know what I might do this week. I’ve got some Bloodstone coming in Friday, might do something with that. We’ll see.

Happy Monday everyone!

8 Likes

Congratulations @Rowan! :confetti_ball: Thank you for sharing!

@Amethyst… speaking of Bloodstone, I know I have at least 2 pieces… do you think that with the other stones in my Selenite bowl or in my printer’s box that I can figure out where I put them… That’s a resounding No. I think I found the bigger stone, but then I put it next to another stone & was like… nope I don’t think so :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: So I have to figure that out, I’m hoping to at least be sure of 1 of them. :joy:

I have a quiet day planned so far. It’s a beautiful day so far. Kind of rest & recharge type of day. I had a rough night Saturday & a good day yesterday, time to refocus on the week ahead.

I have started picking up things for Thanksgiving, kind of a couple of things every time that I go into the store. Instead of trying to do 1 big trip closer to :turkey: turkey day. Samhain is the start of a very busy time of year for me.

Oct 31 - Samhain
Nov 07- My birthday
Nov 16- My passed (2003) mom’s birthday
Nov - Thanksgiving
Dec 07 - My brother’s birthday
Dec 21/22 - Yule
Dec 24/25 Christmas
Dec 31 - New Year’s Eve
Jan 01 - New Year’s Day
Jan 03 - My passed (2021) mother’s birthday

December has a couple of other birthdays, I just can’t remember off the top of my head the exact days. I also have Veteran’s Day in Nov (the 11th) where my daughter will be home with me for the day.

I have 2 appointments tomorrow. 1 with a doctor & then I am getting my hair trimmed/cut…not really sure where I am going with it right now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Probably just going to have my long layers trimmed in so they don’t start growing out too much.

I’m done rambling for now. :joy: I hope everyone has a great day! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Maybe the fairies like them and took them away with them? LOL.

I’ve had most of my stuff for Thanksgiving for a while now. Last year it was difficult for me to find pumpkin pie and I didn’t want that to happen again this year.

7 Likes

Those mischievous fairies strike again! I will find it… I will look at them again today & do a little more identifying than just holding it up to the light. :rofl:

Last year finding disposable pie pans was a nightmare! So this week I am going to buy a few, the reusable ones that we have are downstairs… but we’ve had so much go happen & the basement has taken a beating & is running out of room. So disposable this year… only buy early. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Good luck finding them! Both the crystals and the pie pans! LOL!

7 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for the shout-out! And to everyone else for the Congrats, you all make it easy to stay engaged and like the content :grin:.
Merry Meet Monday! I don’t really have any plans this week, none that are set in stone anyway… lol.

Hope this week treats everyone well.

Blessed Be
Rowan

7 Likes

Good morning!
Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here! I couldn’t resist and started browsing the Christmas section at Walmart and Lowe’s. I have such a love/hate relationship with Christmas anymore. Some days I think it’s the worst time of the year full of unnecessary anxiety and stress. Other days I think, “Oh! Lights! Snow! :snowflake: Santa! :santa:t3: Candy Canes! Trees!:christmas_tree: Pretty! I want to start decorating!”:laughing:

8 Likes

Congratulations @Rowan :clap: :fireworks:
I’m having a quiet time this week, thinking about things, need to consecrate :crystal_ball:
Have a witchy week everyone :sparkles: :dizzy: :hugs:

7 Likes

Congrats on your new treasure, @Amethyst- enjoy your Bloodstone! :heart:

You are amazing that you’re already getting ready for Thanksgiving, @Susurrus- good for you for planning ahead! It does look like a busy time of year for you. Remember to take good care of yourself! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’re very welcome, @Rowan, thanks for all that you do! Same to you- hope you have a lovely week :two_hearts:

Hahaha I understand your love/hate for Christmas, @Kasandra! I personally hate all the pressure and expectations this time of year (and there are basically four Christmases in Poland- it’s exhausting to be honest). But the snow and happiness and bright colors have such a strong sense of warm nostalgia from childhood that I can never bring myself to hate it :christmas_tree: :heart:

Enjoy your quiet time this week, @debra2- wishing a witchy week to you too! :woman_mage:

I hope everyone’s week is off to a good start! :sparkles::blush:

8 Likes

Where is the zoom link for group ritual? When us the time?

6 Likes

@Princess_Tara there is no Zoom today. MeganB is unable to hold one today, but next week the Zoom should be back on track.

7 Likes

Thanks @Susurrus

6 Likes

Good Evening :city_sunset:
I am looking forward to sharing a ritual of mine I’ve been doing to help clear energy, for the challenge.
This morning I lite a :candle: candle for our coven!

I got some new jewelry about 20 pieces I am thinking of doing some jewelry magic 🪄 Megan suggested on Round The Cauldron. :grin:I am so excited to do jewelry :gem: Magic :sparkles:
I have one ring :ring: that looks like a Aquamarine so this is part of the water element. I used crystalidentifier.com and it said “ Are you feeling weighed down by toxic emotions like fear and frustration? Do you feel dull and not as vibrant? If you want to rejuvenate your spirit and reawaken the passion and creativity you have towards all areas of your life, the Aquamarine stone is the crystal you need to work with.
I also got one that is related to “Hecate” it’s a :snake: with an Amethyst in the middle! Pretty neat huh, Not to mention the mood ring :ring: that is so pretty! I got a spiral :cyclone: forward and reverse! One with a black crystal which I’m not sure what it is!

Rowan- Congratulations :fireworks: on making the most hearts :heart:
Your a star :sparkles: and a Goddess!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Welcome @Princess_Tara! The details for the weekly group ritual are always posted in the group ritual post itself. For anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, here is a link to this week’s group ritual: (Group Ritual - Nov 11) 11:11 Manifestation Ritual.

As @Susurrus said, the live Zoom meet has been postponed to next week. I hope you will be able to join at that time! In the meantime, feel free to do the current ritual (as it is still Thursday in some parts of the world) or enjoy videos from past group meditations :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You have such a beautiful collection of blessed jewelry, @Jeannie1! :heart_eyes: One of the silver rings on the top left looks like it’s a piece of silverwear jewelry, which I really love- it’s so creative! And I see a lovely piece of what looks like amber (with the leaves on the sides). So gorgeous- congrats on your new treasures! :ring:

Looking forward to hearing what you will do for the challenge this week :blush:

Blessed be!

5 Likes

WOW! That’s a nice collection! I wouldn’t know what to wear first!

5 Likes

@Jeannie1 that is a very nice collection indeed! Amazing new charms & jewelry for you to enchant with your intentions. I hope they work out for your highest good in the best & easiest ways. :candle: :infinite_roots:

5 Likes