Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Oct 25 šŸŽƒ

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday !

Hereā€™s a peek at exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, October 28th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Art by Dana Martin: Witchesā€™ Tea Party

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If youā€™d like, there is a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect. You can also view last weekā€™s recorded meditation here: Group Ritual Video: October 21st .

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

This Thursday, October 28th , we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon.

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life :broom: .

For more information about specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter .

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

The Last Quarter Moon is a Waning Moon phase. For more Moon Magick and the best spells for this time of month, visit the Waning Moon Magick Guide. :last_quarter_moon:

Find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on todayā€™s moon energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :full_moon_with_face:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, October 29th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Sabbats: Pagan Holidays :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

This Sunday, October 31st marks the autumn Sabbat Samhain :skull: and the Witchesā€™ New Year for those in the Northern Hemisphere.

Witches-New-Year-Samhain

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

Meanwhile, friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the spring celebration of Beltane :blossom:

Beltane-Sabbat-Celebration-Wicca-Spells8

Click on the pictures and links above for more information about these exciting holidays!

You can also visit the Wheel of the Year page to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan occasions, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Making Objects Magickal :purse:

Spells8 Witchy Challenge Making Objects Magickal

This challenge will close Tuesday, October 26th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Making Objects Magickal :purse:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XI (Oct 1 - Oct 29)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, October 29th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@katlyn, @michele9, @hillary1, @brittney6, @cinnamon, @megan18, @love, @Keke, @ashley42, @aiden1, @samantha49, @rozella, @nan2, @kayla18, @sarah41, @claire5, @melanie8, @sandra7, @amy40, @Misfitbabe, @HollyGray, @jill2, @amieb, @vincentio, @leah8, @tamiko1, @amy41, @celestia, @melissa23, @sydney6, @sinead1, @ashley43, @jonathan4, @marie12, @shaquita3, @Kerina, @koran, @khaleesi, @ivette2, @jade7, @emily26, @charlotte8, @jeny1, @annie4, @gemmi, @megan19, @wilfredo, @corina1, @som, @mimi2, @geri1, @sylvester1, @vazhane, @jessica73, @julia11, @amy42, @ashleigh5, @bonnie6, @chelsea16, @carrie2, @xena, @loreanye, @susan9, @myiah2, @deidre, @Xoniccybiccy, @brittany32, @Ayekayybayy, @mari2, @SeleneWinterhood, @LILLY, @jessica74, @jessica75, @mallory, @debbie5, @Amylynn, @janell4, @ugochi, @bradley, @chloemarie, @patricia14, @beverly3

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• A double round of applause to @phoenix_dawn, who wrote the most posts :writing_hand: and shared the most hearts :heart: in the forum over the last week. Many thanks for all of the support and spellwork you give to the coven- you are blessing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for four weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Are your plans in place for the Sabbat this weekend? :pray: Will you be doing anything special for Halloween? :candy:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :jack_o_lantern: :sparkles:

15 Likes

A big double congrats to @phoenix_dawn for the double win!!! :hibiscus: You truly are a blessing here :infinite_roots:

This has a different meaning in NY.
Mischief night is a nightmare! I remember driving down Main St on mischief night and my motherā€™s window was open and she got eggs smashed in her face!!
Another time there was a clown shooting up the neighborhood!! Donā€™t come to New York for Halloween :jack_o_lantern: :skull::ghost:

11 Likes

Good morning! Congratulations to @phoenix_dawn for the shout out this week! Great job!

I honestly had never heard of Mischief Night, I kind of melded all of that together into Halloween! :jack_o_lantern:

I recently found out that I am hosting Samhain at my house with a couple of friends. Other than that, I have no idea what I am doing, except that I want to try my scrying ritual to connect with my ancestors.

Itā€™s going to be cold & rainy here for a couple of days at least. Not my favorite thing, but on the other hand, itā€™s been really dry here lately. & the only appointment I have is on Thursday morning. So not a bad week overall.

11 Likes

Merry Monday everyone! Congrats to @phoenix_dawn for her awesome support for the community! Thatā€™s so great, youā€™ve come so far!

As for me, Iā€™ll be doing the Cast Along Samhain ritual on Sunday. Maybe do some divination with tarot and Iā€™m going to start a book on shadow work for this winter. I figure Halloween is a good time for that.

Hope you all have a good week!

9 Likes

Good morning all! Congrats to @phoenix_dawn ! :revolving_hearts:

My daughter is having a Halloween party on the 30th so that will be our night if mischief I suppose :crazy_face: I will most likely celebrate Sahmain on my own, low key, some meditation and honoring my loved ones who have passed on. It will be a nice quiet day. At least thatā€™s what Iā€™m hoping for. Hope everyone has a great day :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

Really excited! :jack_o_lantern::ghost::bat: I was able to get Samhain off, so this is the first time in 5-6 weeks Iā€™ll have two consecutive days off! I want to make my Samhain ritual more Draconic, but Iā€™m kind of at a lost right now for what to do. I plan to light an orange and black candle, say a prayer for the dead, look back on everything Iā€™ve accomplished since last Samhain, and set some goals for Witchā€™s New Year.

12 Likes

@Kasandra i love that Dragons Eye!!

@phoenix_dawn congratulations! You are an inspiration to me and I love seeing and reading your posts and responses.

11 Likes

Congratulations, @phoenix_dawn :heart: :waning_gibbous_moon:

Yesterday, I recalled that when my great-grandma died, I took a lock of her hair, I wasnā€™t even into witchcraft much at that point but I felt the need to take a piece of her hair, I saved it in a plastic bag until yesterday. I saw a post about taking dirt from some ancestorā€™s graves and my grandma came to my mind. So I took the piece of hair (it still smells like her) and put it into a glass recipient.

This week, her house, the one that I grew up in and lived beautiful and painful moments got sold. Iā€™m having mixed emotions about it, but Iā€™m planning to go and say goodbye to her house. Iā€™m not sure what to do with the hair yet, Iā€™m thinking of burying it in the houseā€™s graveyard while I say my goodbyes or keeping it with me. Iā€™m honestly open to what she wants, because itā€™s her hair, and I donā€™t want to get attached to a lock of hair if sheā€™s not feeling comfortable with that. Iā€™m also thinking of performing a ā€œSpell for a Loved One who Passed Awayā€ spell, even though she passed away almost 2 years ago.

Thatā€™s my week, and that Iā€™m also having a meeting with the University Iā€™m going to study at, I made up my mind and it seems that Iā€™m studying music next year, Iā€™m excited about it :slight_smile:

I wish you all a blessed week :crescent_moon:

12 Likes

@Kasandra I posted a Pin of foods for Samhain & a couple of them you could put on your altar for items or if you do something along the lines of a Dumb Supper or just because they are yummy :yum: Any items that you may have of loved ones that have passed would be good for it too. Photos, jewelry, something they gave you or made you or you to them.

@RyuWyn you could keep it with you & keep it in a special glass vial or jar & use it when you would like to connect with her during Samhain or another divination. I think she will let you know what she is comfortable with though. The spell you chose is great for her also. The time of her passing isnā€™t the important part, itā€™s the loved one being passed on, so donā€™t worry about that :hugs:

Congratulations on finding your next focus for your studies :partying_face:

12 Likes

Ā”Gracias! And thanks a lot for the advice :heart:

9 Likes

You are very welcome :blush:

9 Likes

Awww thank you everyone for the shoutouts. I was surprised to see that I had shared the most posts and :heart:s actually because I was just thinking about how I felt like I hadnā€™t been as active as I usually am. I woke up today not feeling well. I thought I was experiencing a burnout from all the spell working I did last week during the full moon but today and Rayelynne is definitely hanging out much lower than she was and I can feel it in my hips for sure. So today anyway I am not moving except for the bathroom or from couch to bed. I have a few appointment tomorrow to find out what to do now. Bout right I guess. Piper spent her last couple of months nestled in my hip bones but Rayelynne is much larger than Piper was because Justin is a giant. :joy:

9 Likes

Congratulations @phoenix_dawn :tada::sparkles:

Yes, Thursday with you!!

7 Likes

Putting on the scariest mask, finding the darkest corner to lurk in.

ā€œCome close and see whatā€™s hidden from sightā€

Boo!!

Mischief night, love a bad fright :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Hahaha Iā€™m loving everyoneā€™s stories and celebrations about the 30th- weā€™ll be celebrating Mischief Night here too, but for a (slightly) different reason lol- itā€™s my birthday! :joy::jack_o_lantern::partying_face:

Oh gosh, @Christina4- that sounds like a nightmare! Please stay safe! :pray:

Hooray for your upcoming Samhain party, @Susurrus- hope you have a lovely time! :heart:

Those are some lovely plans for the holiday, @Amethyst- wishing you a very lovely Samhain celebration! :blush:

An exciting Halloween party and relaxing Samhain reflection- that sounds like a lovely plan, @Peaches. Wishing you a blessed time! :sparkles:

Congrats on your double days off, @Kasandra- Iā€™m so glad you were able to get the holiday off like you wanted! :pray: As for making the celebration more Draconic- perhaps doing a ritual or invocation to any dragon deities that correspond with the season (death, spirits, mischief, etc.)? Iā€™m sure whatever you do will be lovely- have a blessed time! :dragon_face:

Sending love and light your way, @RyuWyn, as you mourn your great-grandmother. Rest assured that there is no time limit for farewell spellwork- it can be done whenever it feels like the time is right :candle: Wishing you a blessed time, and a big congrats on your enrollment in university! :dancer:

Thanks again to you, @phoenix_dawn! :heart: Sorry to hear you werenā€™t feeling well- rest up and take good care of yourself (and baby Rayelynne too!)

Hahaha I love your enthusiasm, @Eliza_01! Wishing you a spooktacular Mischief Night! :smiling_imp: :jack_o_lantern:

Hope everyoneā€™s week is off to a good start- Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s great that you have two days off! You have a great time planned!

@BryWisteria yeah, I never go out on that night!!!

8 Likes

Oh, I never mentioned what I was doing for Halloween. Itā€™s my daughterā€™s birthday!! Sheā€™ll be 8. Weā€™re going to have a spooky day/party. And go trick or treating later on. Then, when we all get back, the kids will go to bed!! And I can do mommy witchy stuff!! Iā€™m not sure exactly what Iā€™m doing until then but Iā€™m honoring the dead!!

9 Likes

Thank you! I hope your Samhain is good as well!

7 Likes

Happy birthday to your little girl from the Strange Woman in WV! I hope she has a happy one filled with all the good candy!

8 Likes

Thatā€™s so cool, lucky!!

7 Likes