Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Oct 25 🎃

Merry Monday everyone! Congrats to @phoenix_dawn for her awesome support for the community! That’s so great, you’ve come so far!

As for me, I’ll be doing the Cast Along Samhain ritual on Sunday. Maybe do some divination with tarot and I’m going to start a book on shadow work for this winter. I figure Halloween is a good time for that.

Hope you all have a good week!

9 Likes

Good morning all! Congrats to @phoenix_dawn ! :revolving_hearts:

My daughter is having a Halloween party on the 30th so that will be our night if mischief I suppose :crazy_face: I will most likely celebrate Sahmain on my own, low key, some meditation and honoring my loved ones who have passed on. It will be a nice quiet day. At least that’s what I’m hoping for. Hope everyone has a great day :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

Really excited! :jack_o_lantern::ghost::bat: I was able to get Samhain off, so this is the first time in 5-6 weeks I’ll have two consecutive days off! I want to make my Samhain ritual more Draconic, but I’m kind of at a lost right now for what to do. I plan to light an orange and black candle, say a prayer for the dead, look back on everything I’ve accomplished since last Samhain, and set some goals for Witch’s New Year.

12 Likes

@Kasandra i love that Dragons Eye!!

@phoenix_dawn congratulations! You are an inspiration to me and I love seeing and reading your posts and responses.

11 Likes

Congratulations, @phoenix_dawn :heart: :waning_gibbous_moon:

Yesterday, I recalled that when my great-grandma died, I took a lock of her hair, I wasn’t even into witchcraft much at that point but I felt the need to take a piece of her hair, I saved it in a plastic bag until yesterday. I saw a post about taking dirt from some ancestor’s graves and my grandma came to my mind. So I took the piece of hair (it still smells like her) and put it into a glass recipient.

This week, her house, the one that I grew up in and lived beautiful and painful moments got sold. I’m having mixed emotions about it, but I’m planning to go and say goodbye to her house. I’m not sure what to do with the hair yet, I’m thinking of burying it in the house’s graveyard while I say my goodbyes or keeping it with me. I’m honestly open to what she wants, because it’s her hair, and I don’t want to get attached to a lock of hair if she’s not feeling comfortable with that. I’m also thinking of performing a “Spell for a Loved One who Passed Away” spell, even though she passed away almost 2 years ago.

That’s my week, and that I’m also having a meeting with the University I’m going to study at, I made up my mind and it seems that I’m studying music next year, I’m excited about it :slight_smile:

I wish you all a blessed week :crescent_moon:

12 Likes

@Kasandra I posted a Pin of foods for Samhain & a couple of them you could put on your altar for items or if you do something along the lines of a Dumb Supper or just because they are yummy :yum: Any items that you may have of loved ones that have passed would be good for it too. Photos, jewelry, something they gave you or made you or you to them.

@WhiteFox you could keep it with you & keep it in a special glass vial or jar & use it when you would like to connect with her during Samhain or another divination. I think she will let you know what she is comfortable with though. The spell you chose is great for her also. The time of her passing isn’t the important part, it’s the loved one being passed on, so don’t worry about that :hugs:

Congratulations on finding your next focus for your studies :partying_face:

12 Likes

¡Gracias! And thanks a lot for the advice :heart:

9 Likes

You are very welcome :blush:

9 Likes

Awww thank you everyone for the shoutouts. I was surprised to see that I had shared the most posts and :heart:s actually because I was just thinking about how I felt like I hadn’t been as active as I usually am. I woke up today not feeling well. I thought I was experiencing a burnout from all the spell working I did last week during the full moon but today and Rayelynne is definitely hanging out much lower than she was and I can feel it in my hips for sure. So today anyway I am not moving except for the bathroom or from couch to bed. I have a few appointment tomorrow to find out what to do now. Bout right I guess. Piper spent her last couple of months nestled in my hip bones but Rayelynne is much larger than Piper was because Justin is a giant. :joy:

9 Likes

Congratulations @phoenix_dawn :tada::sparkles:

Yes, Thursday with you!!

7 Likes

Putting on the scariest mask, finding the darkest corner to lurk in.

“Come close and see what’s hidden from sight”

Boo!!

Mischief night, love a bad fright :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Hahaha I’m loving everyone’s stories and celebrations about the 30th- we’ll be celebrating Mischief Night here too, but for a (slightly) different reason lol- it’s my birthday! :joy::jack_o_lantern::partying_face:

Oh gosh, @Christina4- that sounds like a nightmare! Please stay safe! :pray:

Hooray for your upcoming Samhain party, @Siofra- hope you have a lovely time! :heart:

Those are some lovely plans for the holiday, @Amethyst- wishing you a very lovely Samhain celebration! :blush:

An exciting Halloween party and relaxing Samhain reflection- that sounds like a lovely plan, @Peaches. Wishing you a blessed time! :sparkles:

Congrats on your double days off, @Kasandra- I’m so glad you were able to get the holiday off like you wanted! :pray: As for making the celebration more Draconic- perhaps doing a ritual or invocation to any dragon deities that correspond with the season (death, spirits, mischief, etc.)? I’m sure whatever you do will be lovely- have a blessed time! :dragon_face:

Sending love and light your way, @WhiteFox, as you mourn your great-grandmother. Rest assured that there is no time limit for farewell spellwork- it can be done whenever it feels like the time is right :candle: Wishing you a blessed time, and a big congrats on your enrollment in university! :dancer:

Thanks again to you, @phoenix_dawn! :heart: Sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well- rest up and take good care of yourself (and baby Rayelynne too!)

Hahaha I love your enthusiasm, @Eliza_01! Wishing you a spooktacular Mischief Night! :smiling_imp: :jack_o_lantern:

Hope everyone’s week is off to a good start- Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Oh, that’s great that you have two days off! You have a great time planned!

@TheTravelWitch yeah, I never go out on that night!!!

8 Likes

Oh, I never mentioned what I was doing for Halloween. It’s my daughter’s birthday!! She’ll be 8. We’re going to have a spooky day/party. And go trick or treating later on. Then, when we all get back, the kids will go to bed!! And I can do mommy witchy stuff!! I’m not sure exactly what I’m doing until then but I’m honoring the dead!!

9 Likes

Thank you! I hope your Samhain is good as well!

7 Likes

Happy birthday to your little girl from the Strange Woman in WV! I hope she has a happy one filled with all the good candy!

8 Likes

That’s so cool, lucky!!

7 Likes

Yes, I’m very excited! I plan to celebrate Samhain for three nights on the 29th, 30th, and 31st!

9 Likes

I looked at my list of Dragon Gods and Goddesses and I realized I could work with Luqueas, Dragon God of Tricks, for Samhain!

8 Likes

Happy Birthday :birthday: @TheTravelWitch & to @christina4’s daughter :partying_face:

So far our weather for the next week is a lot of rain :cloud_with_rain:, so that may hinder our outside activities for Samhain. I’m sure that we’ll figure something out & maybe the weather will stay clear enough for us to still be out there for a little bit of time.

7 Likes