Merry Meet Monday! Sept 21 🤎

Good day to all and a very Merry Meet Monday! :heart:

:fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf::fallen_leaf:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

~International Day of Peace~

Today, Monday, September 21 is the International Day of Peace! :dove:

Nearly 40 years ago, the United Nations proposed this holiday for the world to come together and celebrate a day of peace and unity. This is a time to put aside differences and disagreements- now is a moment to realize our similarities and how connected we all truly are :handshake: !

idp-logo

The theme for this year is spreading kindness, compassion, and hope in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.

For anyone interested in learning more about this holiday and seeing the celebrations around the world, the official website is the United Nations’ International Day of Peace Site :world_map:

~Holiday: Mabon/Ostara~

This week marks one of the Eight Sabbats of the Year: Mabon :jack_o_lantern: for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, and Ostara:blossom: for those in the Southern Hemisphere.

The exact date and time of the Autumn/Spring Equinox will depend on where you are in the world! :earth_americas: For the exact time of the Equinox in your location, you can use the September Equinox Calculator on Time and Date.

But no matter where you are located, the moment of the Equinox marks a moment of complete balance- when the day and night are the same length :sun_with_face::full_moon_with_face:

Celebrations for this holiday begin around the 21st of September each year. In the case of Mabon, some traditions celebrate the equinox for the entire week- time to get partying! :apple::confetti_ball:

There are many resources in the forums to help you learn more about and prepare for these exciting holidays:

• Here are discussions about celebrating MABON
  • Here are discussions about celebrating OSTARA

Happy Holiday and Blessed Equinox to You! :raised_hands:

~Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon~

This week, on Wednesday, Sept 23rd we will we blessed with the light of the First Quarter Moon! :first_quarter_moon:

For the exact time of the moon phase in your location, you can check the Old Farmer’s Almanac’s Moon Phase Calendar :calendar:

The Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick on Spells8 says the following:

This is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing . As a continuation of the previous phase, the energies present at this time can help you feel more lucid and aware of how your intuition and second natures are developing.

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? The Waxing Moon Spell Page has a lot of information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase. Happy moon magick! :first_quarter_moon:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

Ongoing Challenge :trophy:

Now is the season of blessings and gratitude! :pray: If you are feeling the love for the good things in your life, head on over to this week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge: Giving Gratitude!

Even in times of trouble and strife, counting our blessings can help us to light the flame of happiness and appreciation within. Share your love with others and practice giving gratitude this week- there will be a small prize and shout-out for all participants! :gift:

:exclamation: The challenge will remain open until tomorrow, Tuesday, Sept 22nd at 7:00AM CET. After this time a Props and Presents Post will appear with recognition and gifts for all entries! :sparkles:

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome to all of our new members who have joined in the past week!

@kristin2, @robins, @maleficant, @robyn, @patricia8, @nicholas3, @amber16, @kylie, @deamor, @marie4, @bethany1, @robin4, @Flowerylowry, @gerardo, @toni1, @melissa9, @elizabeth8, @latorya, @bianey, @jean1, @kerry2, @lacy, @brittania, @melodie, @melody1, @jazmin1, @charlette, @shannon6, @ava, @eva6, @heidi, @jane1, @sierra6, @courtney3, @sian, @shannon7, @roxana, @daire1, @eustaquia, @tammie1, @jacob, @stacy1, @sara9, @deborah6, @cassandra, @l111, @JaneReven, @Nadialuna, @lori3, @jessica32, @autumn2, @erica4, @cassandra1, @TeeBee

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. You might want to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :heart_decoration:

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• A double-dose of appreciation to @Amethyst who has both written and liked the most posts over the past 7 days! :writing_hand::heart: Your writing talent shines through in your posts- thank you for sharing your delightful poetry and warm heart with everyone! :pray:

And of course, a huge thank you to each and every member of the Spells8 forum family! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches around the world. Thank you for being a part of this coven community :hugs:

Will you be celebrating the Equinox this week? :confetti_ball: Any moon magick plans for the First Quarter Moon? :first_quarter_moon:? How are you doing this week? :blush:

If you have any thoughts, plans, or challenges for the week ahead- feel free to share in the comments below!

May your holiday celebrations and magick this week bring you light, joy, and love!

Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I appreciate this forum so much, it’s given me such a feeling of community! Hugs to each and every one of you!

4 Likes

Welcome all the newbies! And super congrats to @Amethyst :heart:

What are we all up to this week?

3 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome. I’m heading home to start the Mabon feast cooking and to light the candles on my altar. :maple_leaf::sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I celebrated Mabon today since I have to go out tomorrow. Busy week for me this week, I have to go get labs done at the doctor’s office and venture out shopping twice.

2 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for all these useful reminders!!

I hope everyone had a pleasant International Day of Peace! :dove: I’m about to head out for a big dinner with seasonal foods from my mother-in-law’s garden!! :tomato::corn::carrot::bread:

The sun is back here in the West and I did some yardwork today. Who could ask for more? :smiley:

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Amethyst! :heart: Hugs to you too :hugs: I hope your Mabon celebrations went well :apple: I’m wishing you the best of luck with your doctor’s visits and shopping trips this week!

Mabon preparations and celebrations (mostly baking, and more importantly- eating! :yum:) for me as well! What are you up to this week, @Abs53? :blush:

That sounds lovely, @autumn2! Best of luck with the feast cooking and altar preparations- enjoy! :candle::two_hearts:

Thank you, @Francisco- same to you! :dove: I’m glad you’ve got the sunshine, and a wonderful family dinner with delights from the garden- sounds like a very blessed Mabon! :grin: Enjoy! :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Mmm I like the sound of that! I need to look at some recipes for inspiration and get baking! :heart_eyes:

Well, I’ve got a few playdates for Connie’s pals planned; she’s some how managed to talk me into 3 this week :roll_eyes: better get the crafts out! :joy:

I’ve got more potential job interviews too- I’m just going to go with the flow here :joy:

Im working on an arnica cream for my skincare business, so hopefully I’ll finalise the formula this week :sparkles:

Me and my husband are going on a date night :heart: Wednesday ahead of the pending 2nd lockdown doom! Nothing confirmed yet but it seems likely that Blighty may enter a form of 2nd lockdown…

The rule of 6 continues to confuse in my part of the country… :rofl:

… And pubs are now being told they have to shut from 10pm as evidently thats when rona comes out to play :woman_shrugging:

I really don’t think my mental health will cope with another full lockdown :exploding_head: but let’s stay positive!!! :heart: BoJo has now stated Grandparents shouldn’t be excluded from seeing their grandchildren for childcare reasons so at least I’ll still be able to see my parents if we get the full lockdown treatment :crossed_fingers:t2: hopefully anyway!

5 Likes

I will be recovering this week, so I’m happy that my daughter and I got some crafting for the Fall Equinox/Mabon done last week. She is also starting school this week so I will be helping her navigate for a few days until she gets the hang of it. My husband is home this week to help me out and to help with Peanut and Ty. I feel good about reconnecting with 2 lost friends. Both relationships have blossomed into something beautiful and I’m so happy to have them back in my life.

I am working on doing my guided meditations for anxiety and maybe some from this site. I like the ones on this site for different things. I wish there were more guided meditations here, I would do them!

I hope everyone has a great week.

4 Likes

I’m stocking up on some canned things and a bag of sugar so that’ll be fun to carry in. LOL. Thanks for wishing me luck, I’ll need it! :hugs:

4 Likes

Sounds like you have a busy (but fun!) week ahead, @Abs53! :blush: Good luck with Connie’s playdates and the job interviews, and how exciting about working on the arnica cream for your business! Bit by bit, it seems like your dream is coming into being, I’m very happy for you! :heart:

And oh goodness, another lockdown!? I imagine if the UK has a second lockdown, other parts of Europe will as well. Poland may not be too far behind- and yikes! I’m terrified of another lockdown too :scream: Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that!

Sending well wishes for your speedy recovery! :blush: And good luck to your daughter as she gets started on the new school year- she is so lucky to have a loving and helpful mother to guide her along! :heart: Glad to hear you are enjoying the guided meditations! They really do help a lot- I love them too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Have a great week to you as well!

Ahhh those are some very heavy groceries, Kasie! Take your time with them- any updates on the possible aide to help around the house? And yes, absolutely- sending you lots of good luck! :hugs:

3 Likes

I’m taking the form to the Department of Health and Human Resources tomorrow and they’ll verify my income. Then it’ll be sent to someone else. So it’s a paperwork round table and that’ll be loads of fun. I’m hoping to have some help by the first of the year, if I’m not put on a waiting list. Thanks for asking though, I’m pretty sure it will go through!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I’m always listening!! I will work on that! :+1:

I’m glad that you’re feeling well! Have a great week!

4 Likes

Paperwork and bureaucracy are never fun to do :confounded: But I’m also wishing it will go through successfully for you- good luck! :blush:

Hooray for more guided meditations! :heart_eyes: Meditating is such a great practice and the guided ones really do make them easy and enjoyable :woman_in_lotus_position: Very exciting- I am also looking forward to future guided meditations on the site!

2 Likes

Thank you @Francisco I love the guided meditations. The woman’s voice is so soothing to me!

Every day I feel a little better and now my incision is starting to get itchy, so I assume that means that it’s starting to heal. I had to take my bandage off because my hand got too hot and itchy. I have been able to keep up with the pain though, so it’s not bad at all.

2 Likes

They have an agency that comes to your home to help fill out paperwork. I don’t know if that’s a good sign or not. If it’s that complicated I dread filling it out, help or no help. LOL. Thanks for the good wishes though, I think I’ll need them.

2 Likes

I hope everything is going well for you too @Amethyst how did the paperwork go and when will you know about if went through? I hope you are okay lifting those heavy bags of canned goods. Don’t hurt yourself or push to hard. I am the queen at both, but I don’t recommend it.

2 Likes

The paperwork I put in was a notice that I need more paperwork sent to me, and who would I like to help me fill it out since it’s so complicated. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Yeah, I have no idea when they’ll get back to me or when I’ll hear from either one. We’ll see I guess.

Got my sugar and chili and stuff all in yesterday. I waited until today to put it up since I was tired. I got freezer stuff in too and put that up yesterday. Except for the fact I forgot to use my coupons, it was a successful trip. Thanks for asking! :hugs:

2 Likes

@Amethyst I hate when I forget to use my coupons! I do that all the time with Michaels!

2 Likes

Yeah, I put them in my pocket and forget about them. they’re going void this week too, which is a bummer as I don’t need to buy anymore. Oh well, that 's how the coupons crumble. LOL.

2 Likes