Merry Meet Monday! 💙

I don’t have much going on this week. I do have a couple live meditations. I have class as usual. Finish packing. I’m super stoked to move bc it’s my dream house! It’s out in the middle of nowhere! Nothing but good ol mama Earth! Can’t wait to go foraging. But yeah, that’s about it for me.

3 Likes

@christina4 Have a good time! I was just talking to my friend about moving somewhere that isn’t jam packed with people all of the time. I hope you love it.

I will see you Thursday for sure. The forum is part of my daily ritual in the morning and then I visit again in the evening after dinner to see what is going on with everyone.

I hope everyone has a great start to their week! Blessed Be!

3 Likes

I visit the forum in the am and the pm too! Great minds think alike!

2 Likes

That is super exciting, @christina4! And your dream house too! :star_struck: Congrats on your big move- are you packing this week and moving next week?

Moving is a huge process and exhausting! I’m still emotionally recovering from my move about a month ago :sweat_smile: But once you’re settled into the new place it’s worth all the hassle and more! :grin::+1:

Enjoy the beautiful tranquility of nature at your new home! :national_park: I’ve always loved the convenience and opportunities of a big city :city_sunrise: , but I agree with @Susurrus- every year the call of nature gets louder for me. Especially after the pandemic lockdown, I’m also seriously considering moving out of the city, away from people, and into some beautiful nature :crossed_fingers: Hopefully someday! :grinning: :deciduous_tree:

2 Likes

Ill be moving next month so that I can at least celebrate my son’s birthday.

2 Likes

Enjoy your new home @christina4! There’s nothing better than being surrounded by Nature! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This past weekend I went camping with my wife. We went to a beautiful lake, made a bonfire and hiked all over the place. Escaping into nature even for a bit is just so relaxing!

8 Likes

That sounds amazing! That’s a very nice picture of you two! I will enjoy my new home, thanks!

2 Likes

Ideally sometime this year I am going to Salem, MA and then heading north to the mountains in NH. I haven’t stayed there for pleasure or relaxation in so long. I think my friend is going to come with me. I can’t wait to just be in nature away from the hustle and bustle of the tourists here. Once they leave, I get a lot of time to be at the beach or walking on the bike path without the constant jumble of people.

1 Like

Wishing you a successful move :house_with_garden: and a very happy birthday to your son! :cake:

Great picture, @Francisco! :+1: Looks like a lovely spot- were you able to see some amazing stars and maybe even the meteor shower? :comet::milky_way:

I love Salem!!! :heart_eyes: I even wrote an introduction post about Salem, MA because I love it so much- please feel free to add to it if you find any interesting spots on your trip, @Susurrus! :two_hearts: I know the feeling of wanting to escape from the crowded touristy spots. Unfortunately in New England, there seems to be year-round tourists! :sweat_smile:Beaches in summer :beach_umbrella: , snowy mountain sports in winter :skier:, autumn foliage in the fall (not to mention all of the Thanksgiving celebrations where my family lives in Plymouth!) :fallen_leaf:, and beautiful flower gardens in spring :bouquet:.

Massachusetts is a gorgeous place to live, but it can be overwhelming with vacationers and tourists sometimes!

1 Like

It can be very overwhelming. I used to be in Plymouth all the time. I lived in South Plymouth by Buttermilk Bay and went to Plymouth South High for my sophomore year. Then we moved to Carver and I would go hang out on the waterfront to people watch or that was where my friend and I met that we would practice Wicca together! After I had my second son, and my first was diagnosed with a congenital birth defect while I had a newborn, we moved to Cape Cod. I have lived elsewhere in the country, but I always came back to Massachusetts. I can’t live away from the ocean. My biological mother lives in the mountains of NH, I don’t get to see her much recently because where she is has strict controls surrounding Covid. I’m hoping to be able to have her visit here this Thanksgiving or for the kids Christmas because we haven’t seen her in so long.

1 Like

Such a small world, @Susurrus! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My family lives in Plymouth now, and one of my best friends lives in Carver- I love going to King Richard’s Renaissance Faire there in the Fall, I even spent a season working there! :horse_racing::poultry_leg::crossed_swords: I know the feeling of being called back to the ocean- I love Poland, but I miss the beautiful beaches and shoreline of Massachusetts constantly :beach_umbrella:

I hope the Covid situation improves and you can see your biological mother again soon! She must live in a beautiful place- NH is gorgeous, especially in the Fall! I imagine the foliage will be starting to change soon- it’s always so beautiful there in the Fall! :fallen_leaf:

I’m sending warm thoughts and prayers that your family can all be together again for the holidays :pray::two_hearts:

1 Like

Oh wow! I lived in the Carver/Plymouth/Wareham area for years until after I had my second son. Once my parents moved to FL when my mother was sick, we had no reason to go back really. I still go there for little finds. King Richard’s Faire is a lot of fun! I haven’t been since my children were little, but there was a time that we would go every year because they had Carver day and we would have to prove that we lived in Carver year round. I had quite a few friends that also worked the fair. One of them, his mother made the costumes for some of the women. I should go back sometime soon. I will have to put it on my list of places to visit!

1 Like

Carver is a nice place! And with Plymouth and the beaches so close by, it’s definitely worth a visit from time to time- especially if it brings back fond memories! :blush: That’s so cool that you have connections at the faire- it’s always an exciting time at KRF! :crossed_swords: It looks like it’s a no-go this year, but hopefully next year it’ll be open again for fun, games, shopping, and those crazy gigantic turkey legs! :poultry_leg: :yum:

Those turkey legs and the pickles are huge! You really have to be committed when you get those. My daughter was a little one when we went last and I remember getting her fairy wings and something for her hair. I’m hoping next year to bring her now that she is a little older and may remember it a little more. I think she would like the shops that are there. I love them. I remember when they had the women who would do 7 strand braids, I kind of want to see if that is still a thing and have it done to my hair with the different shades of blue next year.

1 Like

@Francisco that’s exactly what I did too…camping! My tent was nestled nicely in the trees. All I had to do was cross a path to go see Lake Ontario. You can walk out into the lake for quite a distance before it becomes deep. It was crystal clear. Here are some photos.

5 Likes

Beautiful pictures!! It looks so relaxing out there! The one I went was full of motorboats and jetskis… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It was very relaxing…what I didn’t take a picture of what was behind me. :joy: There definitely were other campers. Thankfully, we were all respecting the social distancing. Also, there were no motorboats or sea-doos.

Some of the pictures looked blurry; that was because of the intense heatwave that we were experiencing that day.

2 Likes

Gorgeous pictures, @ana6! It sounds you had fun and enjoyed a really lovely place :camping::two_hearts:

Last time I was at KRF they had several booths doing hair, makeup, and selling costume pieces of all kinds! :circus_tent::two_hearts: Hahaha yes I don’t know anyone who was able to finish an entire turkey leg- it’s quite a commitment! :laughing::poultry_leg: I hope you and your daughter will be able to go back and enjoy the magic of the faire together next year, @Susurrus! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.