Merry Meet! New witch from Baltimore!

Hello! I’m just beginning my journey of seeking witchcraft. I feel like this is something I have ignored my entire life and am not sure why despite there being evidence of magick in my family and all around. I am considering a solitary, eclectic path of Wicca and Witchcraft. I am overly intuitive and empathetic and hope to hone my skills as I learn more. I also enjoy working with the elements as I still struggle (somewhat) with deities, as I am generally agnostic. BB

12 Likes

Welcome, @kelly12! I work with two deities, when I feel like it. This may shock my family here in the coven but I do go through intense periods of agnosticism from time to time. :flushed: My girlfriend is far more spiritual and sure about her deity than I am and it’s one of the things I love about her. (That’s not meant in a condescending manner in any way; I desperately desire that purity of thought.) I Istill do my daily practices with my idols, my candles, tarot, and the Moon.

I know you will be welcomed here. It’s always wonderful getting to know new people with different perspectives. I can’t wait to learn more about the magic that you have seen in your family. Blessings to you!

6 Likes

@kelly12 merry meet and welcome. I’m crystal from Ohio and it’s great to meet you.

6 Likes

Hi @kelly12! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

No worries, we welcome all types of witches, you’ll fit in just fine. Have you found the Courses yet? They may help you figure yourself out. Even if you don’t believe everything you hear, you’ll still be welcome though. No worries about that.

If you have any questions, just holler and someone will help you out! I’m looking forward to getting to know you!

5 Likes

Hey Kelly12 from Baltimore. Before I say anything else. Are you and your family alright? Henri seems to be a beast up there.
I’ll light a candle and say a prayer for your safety. :heartpulse:

OK, Many welcomes to Spells8, We are a rather large group of people from all around the world, who came here as seekers of truth. Each and every one of us seek a different truth. I came here confused, depressed and emotionally empty. I have learned so much! Love and kindness prevails here. No cats or mean people just others like us. Just empathy and support
No one wants reticule or judgement. Here you won’t be.
Although I’ve only been here since March…I found a family again. It is our deepest wish that you find a family here too.
Again, Welcome little sister
Garnet, Blessed by Dragons.

6 Likes

Thank you for such a beautiful greeting! I am taking the courses and just finished level one. I’m also reading and listening to a lot of other materials to make sure I’m getting a well rounded education.

Yes, that Hurricane is a beast. We got a lot of rain and wind yesterday, but it missed us for the most part. That is very kind of you to ask. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Thank you,
Kelly

4 Likes

@kelly12 glad to hear you are safe. Take care

4 Likes

Welcome, Kelly! :wave:

Thanks for your introduction. I agree that working with the elements is more “practical” since we can see them, feel them around us and in Nature.

As Megan explained in this topic, you don’t really have to work with any deities: Should you pray to a deity? ⭐

After all, Witchcraft is a practice, not a religion. You can channel your energy to impart your will on the world and still achieve your goals.

I think you’ll fit right in here, and I hope you will continue to share with us as you grow in your path. Blessed Be!

5 Likes

My mother, God rest her soul panicked every time hurricanes hit anywhere near Florida. Actually we have, as you said, a lot of wind and rain. The frightening part was the sudden tornados

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @kelly12 ! :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Welcome! I’m Christina and from New York. I can relate to being blind about some family members
being Pagan or Wiccan. I just confronted a sibling and sure enough! I knew it! She knee me being who I am, as well. Wish I knew sooner lol We’ve been so close our entire lives, it’s like we have the twin esp.
Anyway, I don’t wanna bore you with a long intro.
If you need anything, let me know. Or, I’m sure anyone else would be glad to help as well!
Blessed be :pray:

4 Likes

Merry meet @kelly12 and welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

As a fellow solitary and Eclectic witch, I know you’ll be right at home here- the coven is blessed with folks from all over the world coming from numerous different paths and traditions. No matter what aspects of magick or spirituality you are interested in, you’re sure to find someone here to chat with :blush:

Know that you are warmly invited to join the Activities of the forum. There is also a weekly group ritual shared in A Sacred Space- feel free to join the ritual and/or the Zoom chat on Thursday if you’d like :two_hearts:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be!

2 Likes

Kelly, welcome to community! Pleasure to meet you.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone!! What lovely greetings - and quite the opposite from most social media. I look forward to getting to know all of you as I take this journey. BB!

3 Likes

Hello & welcome @kelly12 to the Infinite Roots Coven :infinity:

4 Likes