MIA for way too long - Exciting news (no I'm not pregnant)

Hello again! I’ve regretfully been MIA for a while. If you don’t know, end of May I quit my job to start my own consulting business (That’s the exciting news!). And it’s been a little crazy over here. I have the tendency to put my focus all on one thing and let others slide, in this case my spiritual and personal sides of life.

I restarted a podcast called the Intentional Advantage by Tanya Dalton. She absolutely hates the idea of work-life balance, it’s not reasonable. In one episode she compares life to riding a bike. If you are completely upright and balanced, you don’t go anywhere. You have to lean left or right at times to turn. This is like leaning into different areas of your life. But, of you lean to heavy or to long, you will fall!

This last part is what stuck with me. I’ve been leaning too heavy and too long into my work side and am in danger of falling if I don’t bring balance back. So, here I am! I’m getting up earlier to do my morning rituals. I’m going to bed earlier to do my lunar rituals. I’m seeing aside time daily to check in to the coven. I might more be as active as before but I’m making a promise to myself to at least be present for a few minutes a day.

Bonus points for being diagnosed with ADHD during this period of time at almost 41, lol. I have a follow up with a psychiatrist in November (earliest I could get in) to discuss treatment and next steps. At least now I know what some of my issues are.

TL:DR: I was out of balance but am putting measures into place to stop neglecting my spiritual side. And I was diagnosed with ADHD but have to wait almost another month before seeing a psychiatrist.

Blessed Be and have a great Tuesday!

13 Likes

I’m not pregnant either😜

The long wait for Psychiatrist is stupid, but not unusual.

And you already know that we’re all here when you need us.:grinning:

8 Likes

Welcome back! I’m glad you’re taking the time you need for yourself :blossom:

8 Likes

I wonder. Did this diagnoses come when fully focused on work and no spiritual side? Since treatment includes the psychiatrist, psychological counselling etc, it is possible that re-grounding yourself into your own practice that works, and giving yourself your time is all the treatment you need.

Tem

8 Likes

Glad to have you back and that you’re getting more in tune with yourself! It’s difficult to make time, but it’s worthwhile!

I’m so sorry to hear that, Ron. That just means you’ll have to try more! LOL!

8 Likes

@Undomeher hahaha, I’m not sure if I should say congrats or sorry?? Thank you for the support. I honestly thought I’d have to wait longer to get in so I was surprised when it was a little over a month.

@MeganB: Thank you! I realized I’ve been slacking all over and if I didn’t do something soon I’d burn out.

@Temujin_Calidius: I’ve been battling depression for a while and my GP keeps upping my medication dose. My GP recommended I see a counselor. She asked me 5 minutes into our first appointment if I had even been diagnosed as ADHD! She referred me to an online testing service knowing the backlog with psychiatrists so that we can start working on behavior changes while I wait for official diagnose and treatment plan. I would like to avoid medication if possible but if ADHD meds fix the “depression” that isn’t responding then I’m in. I’m in the process of making lifestyle changes to get off my BP medication (reduced to half dose last check up!).

@Amethyst: Yes! The hardest is in the evening. My husband and all our friends get off late so we have out late. I feel bad calling it early but I’m realizing that it makes me a happier person to be around. I’m sure they would rather have a happy me for 1.5 hours than a grumpy me for several more.

7 Likes

Welcome back @jessica55! :blush:

Congrats on your flourishing self-business, but good for you for taking the time to step back and assess things. Even if you’re out of balance now, it seems like you are actively making good, healthy choices and are well on your way to finding harmony once again :balance_scale: :sparkles: Good for you!

Wishing you all the best of luck with your new psychiatrist- sometimes appointments open up, you may be able to get in sooner! Hoping it all goes well for you. Blessed be! :heart:

7 Likes

Welcome back! Congratulations on restarting the podcast. I’ll have to check it out.

Hey, we’re all diagnosed with something at some point in our lives! But that stinks for the appointment! I know that where I live the first time appointments are like that. Hope all goes well!

7 Likes

@jessica55 welcome back, love! We’ve certainly missed you. I was just thinking about you the other day. Congratulations on your business and of course getting things started on finding balance again. I’m kinda going through a balancing stage myself at the moment so I’m here of ya need a little extra push. :revolving_hearts: Seriously so glad you’re back though!

6 Likes

Thank you @TheTravelWitch! It is very much a process but at least I am taking the first steps. I was honestly surprised that I was able to get an appointment within the time frame that I did as they are usually fuller. I figured if I’ve made it this far, I can wait a couple more weeks, lol.

@christina4, it is a really good podcast. It started out geared towards productivity in general and over the years evolved into a more entrepreneur focused demographic but I still find the topics helpful. And thank you! I’m more nervous about medication reactions if we choose that route than anything.

Thank you @phoenix_dawn! I was thinking of you the other day too and was hoping everything was going well with you. Thank you for the support! And same goes, if you need to chat, I am here! I have it set to where I get emails if someone tags me or messages me so I’ll see them.

Again, thank you to the coven for being such a supportive group!! I knew it was home when I joined for a reason!

5 Likes