Moon rays needed?

I have a question that I’m sure somebody has answered somewhere and I’ve never even thought about it until now.
I need to make some more Moon water, however, we’ve had a lot cloud cover lately. So my question is… do I need to actually have the moon’s rays to make it or is the Moon presence enough behind heavy cloud cover?

9 Likes

I think as long as it’s where the moon could shine you should be good to go. Not sure though. Sorry, I can’t help more.

7 Likes

It’s a tough question isn’t it? I never really thought about it until the need arose. Necessity is the mother of invention… maybe we need to make something to make the moon’s rays come through the clouds No Matter What

7 Likes

You’ll get different answers depending on who you ask. Some people believe that just having the moon in the sky, even if it’s cloudy, will do the trick. Others believe that the moon must be visible and must touch the water.

7 Likes

You will get differing answers, but I always thought about it like this, on a cloudy day in the summer you can still get a sunburn. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there.

8 Likes

As others have said, it all depends on who you ask. I believe as @Susurrus mentioned that you can get a sunburn on a cloudy day (because I have!!), so the sun rays are still making it to my skin. Therefore at night, moon rays can still reach whatever object you are charging with it’s energy.

The important thing here is to ask what do YOU believe? Follow what your heart and instincts tell you as that is the correct way for you.

7 Likes

YES! You can definitely make Moon water when it’s cloudy. :cloud:

As mentioned above and in this article, clouds pass more UV light than you would imagine. This applies both to sunlight and moonlight (which is reflected sunlight).

Also, if it’s raining you will get “instant moon water” as a bonus :wink:

11 Likes

Whether or not the moon is visible you can still make moon water no worries

6 Likes

I would have to agree that you can get moonwater even if it is cloudy. I think a big part of witchcraft though is doing what you can with what is available. If it’s not too hard for you to put a glass out on the deck in direct moonlight, like in the summer or something, then I believe the added benefit will pay off. If, however, you are unable to place a glass of water outside for some reason or it’s cloudy, I believe the intent will follow through if you do your best. If you can’t put your glass outside, maybe you could rest it on a symbol of the moon instead? With witchcraft, there is always a way. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@susan8, hello and yes! Cloud coverage is fine, just as others have said it’s similar to when you still get a burn during overcast skies. It’s still there! I couldn’t see the full moon for two nights of collecting energy, and on the dark moon, I collected hail. :laughing:
It’s there even when we can’t see it :full_moon: :full_moon: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I have ANOTHER question about this. OK, bear with me… I was THAT kid in class lol
So my analytical mind had been mulling over the moon ray question I asked and then THIS hit me.
If you don’t need the actual rays to charge moon water then why does it REALLY matter what phase we’re in for spell casting? … The moon is 100% there no matter how much is illuminated. The only thing that really changes is how much WE see.

7 Likes

Generally speaking I agree that you can make Moon water and charge objects even on cloudy nights.

But sunburn comparison got me thinking…turns out the Moon does not reflect very much UV light, the rays that cause sunburn. In fact, it only reflects about 12% of the Sun’s light.

But nobody said it was the light of the Moon that does the job. Rhetorical question: what is the spectrum of magick? Speculatively, maybe the charging occurs on quantum level. Realistically, maybe I should stop trying to pick it apart and just prepare my jars…

8 Likes

@anon87969570 you sound like the scientist side of me :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.