Most essentials products to have?

hello~ i am still very new to the wiccan lifestyle and i need some guidance ; id like know what are the essentials/most commonly used types of incenses, oils, herbs and stones/crystals to own ?
im going shopping for products soon but since im on a budget i cant afford to go and buy one of everything :confused:
so if anyone can help me out and tell me what are the “wicca essentials” it would be greatly appreciated ~
thank you so very much :3

@MidnightVixxen It’s okay to not have everything at once! And honestly you don’t “need to have everything” either! It’s important to have the things you want to work with and have a connection too. It’s like the saying just because a lot of people have it or like it doesn’t mean I have to have it or like it too. You can get things and acquire over time!

Some recommendations I would say is to read/research! Books & YouTube will be your friend. And the videos on here are amazing!

Crystals that are essential and easy to start working with I would say is … Amethyst & Quartz!
(There are different types of quartz like clear, rose, smokey, etc.)

2 Likes

Marissa is definitely right. You don’t have to have everything all at once. And definitely don’t go broke trying to get every single tool that someone says you have to have. A lot of people accumulate their tools over time, and some of the best places to pick up tools and accessories while you’re still learning is thrift stores.

If you’re set on getting something for your altar or work space, I recommend getting candles and books. Learn all you can, and Marissa is correct in that Amethyst and Quartz are great starting crystals.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the help and tips ! ^~^ this community is very nice and helpful :3

2 Likes

@MidnightVixxen I went on a Thanksgiving trip last weekend and wanted to buy everything at the local occult store (Radiance in Olympia). Especially the oil burners because they looked so perfect!

I need to have something to burn (incense or oils) because smell is definitely my strongest sense and it helps me enter a different state of mind. So I would suggest you pick something that speaks to you and that you can closely relate to in your life, even if it’s just one thing.

You don’t have to have any tools. Its not necessary but it can be helpful. Your athame could be a letter opener, your wand could be any kind of stick (I use an old drumstick because I play drums), your book of shadows can be an old college notebook, and so on…

It’s not the tools, it’s the Witch!

2 Likes

Before buying anything I would look around your house, you may be surprised at what you already have. I know I was. You may also want to dabble with a few spells to see what works best for you before you buy a bunch of stuff you may not use. Hope this helps,

3 Likes