(Magic Circles) My dear friends I have some questions for you

Dear teachers! My friends! I have some questions for you. Can I freely enter and exit my magic circle? Or must a spell be required? If someone accidentally enters my magic circle, what should I do? If I find that my ritual is not effective, what should I do to make myself better? What is the soaking time of the magic oil? How long does it take? Sorry, I have more questions. Because I didn’t find it on the website. I want to know these questions.

6 Likes

While casting a circle can be an empowering thing, please remember you have the freedom to make up the rules to that ritual as your needs change in life. Rituals, like circle casting, are for us, not for the magic. They focus us. They connect us. In the end, the magic is always there.

My personal responses are

1. Yes, you can freely enter and exit.
  2. If someone accidently does it, be gracious to them. When the time is right, cast a new circle.

If a spell doesn’t work as planned, there can be many reasons. Don’t let your first thought be there must be something wrong with you or your spell work. Remember, you are one voice out of billions connecting to the unknown. ( On the flip side of the coin, one small voice has unlimited potential. )

Every faith runs into this question. “Why didn’t my prayer/spell get answered the way I intended?” Because one person’s utopia is another person’s hell, it’s impossible for the gods to please everyone all of the time. Balance is key while we continue to evolve into gods ourselves.

Blessings to you.

10 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I learned it and I remembered it. Also send my most sincere wishes.

6 Likes

I like the answers above so much. I also read once that you can use your athame or your finger to cut a door in your circle (for example, if you forgot a tool, or something) and that animals and children (or other innocents) who enter your circle do not damage the circle of protection. I have had critters enter my circle and I like to look up the symbolism later. I understand it is disappointing to feel the spell is not working. One work around I use is to ask for what is within my power to provide. I typically ask for strength, wisdom and insight to solve a problem myself. What is magic oil?

8 Likes

Well, if you look up “Magic circle” on this site you may find some of your answers. As far as your rituals or spells being ineffective practice as with everything you do improves your skill.
What is the soaking time of the magic oil? How long does it take? I’m not sure what you mean or are asking. Don’t ever be afraid to ask questions. It’s how we learn.

7 Likes

Great answers. See 1112 we can all learn something from one another.

7 Likes

As for casting the circle, I try not to exit once it has been sealed, but if I do need to I will use my Athame to create a pathway, open it, seal it and repeat on my return so there is no interruption in the energy. I never have to worry about someone walking through my circle, only a cat, but she never stops me from focusing, which could happen if other people being around. Practice practice practice.
If you feel it is ineffective I would suggest reviewing what makes you feel it worked the way it did, but also keep in mind that things don’t always happen overnight so it could still be working. During a guided meditation I use they talk about motivation, preparation, visualization, and manifestation so now I also use that same process when I am reading Tarot or casting a spell. The stronger the intentions the better.
I wish you success as you continue on your path.

9 Likes

Here’s a great article that tells you step by step all about oils. Because I don’t want to miss a step…I do it from memory. Anyway…

https://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/handmade/healing-herbs-learn-to-make-infused-oils-and-balms

7 Likes

Probably herb infused oils or anointing oils. I’m assuming.

9 Likes

Hello there @1112 :hugs: You’ve gotten some good answers here but I wanted to take it one by one and give you my own perspective. As @praecog29 said, too, every faith is going to approach things a bit differently and that’s okay!

Can I freely enter and exit my magic circle? Or must a spell be required? If someone accidentally enters my magic circle, what should I do?

When working within a circle, it is essentially a magickal barrier. You’re putting up an energetic sphere around you that doesn’t have an entrance or exit. If you leave your circle without cutting a door, as they say, you can disrupt the energy of the circle that you’ve cast. That doesn’t necessarily mean that the circle is null and void, just that it may need a touchup when you go back to it.

As for a spell being required, usually, that just means cutting a door in the energy of the circle.

If someone disrupts your circle, that’s no problem! Your circle may just require a touchup, as stated above.

You can find more on casting circles here!

If I find that my ritual is not effective, what should I do to make myself better?

Short answer? Practice! Witchcraft and ritual is about the work and it is an active practice. You can’t expect to get better at it without doing anything, so don’t be afraid to practice. I’d also just like to note here that just because a ritual isn’t effective doesn’t mean it isn’t working. Sometimes things you’ve put in motion take time!

What is the soaking time of the magic oil? How long does it take?

This is going to depend entirely on what you’re making. Some herbs and ingredients have specific steeping times in carrier oils for anything to be extracted, so be sure you’re looking at the herbalism side of things, too. Some people steep oils for an entire moon cycle (from one full moon to the next, for example) but it’s going to depend on what you’re doing, what you’re using, and what your goal is.

I hope this helped you out!

5 Likes