My new sacred space! ✨

She’s a little scuffed, she needs a good cleaning and cleansing, I need to put the glass back in her… but I am so in love!!

I’ve mentioned before, we live with my in-laws. So all of my tools are scattered around my drawers, in the bathroom cabinets, under my bed, etc. My husband was so supportive of me looking for a piece just for my tools.
The secretary desk will serve as my altar and apothecary cabinet - all of the things a Witch needs to feel centered. This is my first real altar and spiritual space. I am so elated right now! Had to share my excitement and gratitude to The Universe for bringing this vintage cabinet to me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

26 Likes

That looks amazing!

7 Likes

That’s a gorgeous piece! I have a secretary’s desk in my living room. Right now all the drawers, or most of them hold some of my crafting things that need to go downstairs. Such a great idea to use it for your sacred space. It will be wonderful once it’s all set up the way that you like it. I’m very happy for you!

6 Likes

This is beautiful! I’d love to see pics (if you’re willing to share!) after you get it all set up! :slight_smile:

I’ve never thought of using a piece like that as a sacred space – that’s an amazing idea! It saves space AND keeps everything neatly-organized! :smiley:

8 Likes

I’d be happy to share! Are videos allowed?

Also, this is my first time setting up an actual dedicated space to practice. So much of Witchcraft is “do what feels right to you” (and I love that), but is there anything I should know beforehand? Any hard and fast rules?

8 Likes

You can use this for some direction. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Altar Layout

6 Likes

I’m not sure if videos are able to be uploaded directly as with photos, but if you had a YouTube channel, you could link to that when you get all set up and get around to taking a video of it :slight_smile:

I’m still very new to Witchcraft too, but from my understanding, there aren’t any hard and fast rules other than Do What Makes You Happy and Do What Works for You :slight_smile:

I second this! :smiley:

8 Likes

Omg!! It’s beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: i second @Jewitch’s request for photos :star_struck::star_struck: no matter what you do with it I’m sure it reflect your practice perfectly :heart:

7 Likes

Oh wow! That’s is so awesome! :star_struck:

5 Likes

I may use the cabinet part of mine for storage of some kind related to my craft. Or maybe start with one shelf. Thank you for the inspiration! I can’t wait to see photos!

6 Likes

This is great news!!! I’m so happy for you!!! I’m loving the cabinet :relaxed::cherry_blossom::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Such a great find, @sarah29! :heart_eyes: May your lovely new apothecary cabinet help you to feel grounded and centered in your practice- I know it will make a wonderful home for all your witchy tools! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkles:

@Jewitch is right on about the videos- linking to another source (a website, YouTube, etc.) is going to be the best bet for getting a video on the forum! If it’s tricky, no worries- pictures are just as welcome! :framed_picture: :grin::two_hearts:

Enjoy, and have fun setting up your new sacred space!

7 Likes

This is gorgeous! I can’t wait to see how it looks when you’ve set it up! :heart_eyes:
Ahh you’re going to have so much fun!!! :heart:

7 Likes

It definitely is a gorgeous piece! I can’t wait to see what you do with it (if you feel like sharing, of course!)

6 Likes

What a great place to create your altar space and have room to store everything. Even the top crown has a great design to it and feels like it was meant for your chosen purpose.

8 Likes

I am learning how I want everything set up still, but here is where my lil lovely cabinet is right now!

Some things are in boxes because I still need to be discreet while living with my in-laws.

I am not keeping a permanent altar set up but I love that the desk opens so I can perform any rituals or spells, and then tuck everything neatly away!

Thank you to everyone for your sweet words, resources, encouragements, and for taking interest!

17 Likes

Serious altar envy going on here, my apologies. It’s fabulous x

9 Likes

It looks amazing, well done. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I agree, I may have to look for something like this.

8 Likes

I love it :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: it’s beautiful :heart::heart: you should be very proud of your Altar :heart::heart:

7 Likes