My Samhain altar

I revamped my altar today for Samhain after cleansing it and l the tools both spiritually and mundanely I’m so very proud of the way it turned out.

Did anyone else set theirs up for Samhain (ot Beltane if you’re in the southern hemisphere) yet? Anyone wanna share?

21 Likes

That’s absolutely beautiful xxx

9 Likes

I didn’t decorate… but I do have Halloween hisser roaches if that counts :joy::woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes: I havent done mine yet and even though it will be Beltane here i was thinkng to do something with some pumpkin decor and some live flowers…

9 Likes

Oh those roaches don’t lay up do they… :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I have them in a container and I breed about 5 different types of roaches. They are pretty neat. I have tarantulas and retiles they get fed to.

9 Likes

@NoName oh no ma’am… I hate roaches. They creep me out and they aren’t natural… I feel the same way about snakes. If I see a snake you won’t see nothin but a dust trail and my empty shoes :rofl: (true story I have literally run out of my shoes to get away from a snake in the barn where I lived with my second husband lol) tarantulas though. Those I like. Idk why but spiders have never bothered me. My ex husband’s used to scream like girls and come running telling me to go take care of the spiders :rofl::roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Haha :sweat_smile: yes they count

7 Likes

That, my friend is a lovely Samhain altar. I am yet to set mine up but I do have the same lights. :grin: Everything is set up so nice and it looks great in the dark!!!

7 Likes

Thank you. It feels so comfortable now that I found myself sitting in front of it even if I wasn’t doing anything magical related. I’ve never felt more comfortable there than I do now. I’m going to use the long table that I have extended in my space and set up an ancestor altar too as it gets closer but I’ve got to dig out the mementos and pictures first and I’ve still got to rearrange and get the rest of my space put together the way I want it because aside from the part I use most that you see in the picture I’ve kinda neglected the rest of it and there’s stuff laying everywhere :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_facepalming:t2: I thought about downsizing it again but with Pipers initiation coming up soon I’m going to share my space with her for the time being. I don’t feel comfortable about setting her loose with candles and lighters in her own space at 13 just yet

9 Likes

That’s a good mama! I hope the initiation goes well!!
I find myself at my Isis altar all the time. Sometimes I swear I see her smile. :eyes: But then I smile back at her crookedly

9 Likes

I kinda laughed the other night during my ritual because I was working with Aphrodite and had an incident while lighting the three candles the way I wrote them in the ritual and when the candle jumped off my jar and I relit it last I kinda chuckled and said “yes ma’am I heard you loud and clear that time.” So just a tip in case you ever work with her, she is a deity who will physically show you if you do something that won’t work or she’s not pleased

8 Likes

How pretty! My shelf altar just has a skull on it, while the altar I have in front of the computer where I sit most of the time is decorated.

7 Likes

I’m not going to try to compete with that! :rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

:rofl: I’m going to assume that was a compliment :wink: but seriously it’s not a competition. I love seeing what everyone comes up with but no pressure if you don’t feel comfortable sharing. I know some people refrain from sharing pictures of their altars to protect their space.

9 Likes

Lol, you’re as “bad” as TheMuslimWitch who “isn’t much of an artist!” You are leaps and bounds more artistic than I am (though to be fair, my “art” is music), and yes it was a compliment. I know it isn’t a competition, I just haven’t decorated! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Eh… Old habits die hard. I’m still learning how to maneuver this whole self acceptance and confidence thing… I’ll get the hang of it… Hopefully :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Yes, they do. But they only win if you give up. I hear you about the confidence thing. Always a struggle. But hey, the goal is progress not perfection, right?

8 Likes

I live my life “one day at a time” that mantra applies to me in all areas. It’s the selenite of cleansing mantras

7 Likes

Oh my, I have to set up my Samhain altar.

I also found out that I’m having 2 witchy friends over that night. We are having a fire :fire: in our fire pit out back.

I really enjoy knowing what’s going on before I sign up to host. I didn’t even know my house was an option though :thinking:

9 Likes