🧂 My Weekly Challenge entry - Black Salt and Jar Spell

For this week’s challenge, I decided to make the black salt that I’ve been meaning to make for ages using this recipe:

Black-Salt-Recipe-with-Egg-Shells-Spells8.pdf (256.0 KB)

The last time the kids were with us for the holidays (or possibly the time before that), a lot of eggs were used in making pancakes so I saved the shells, cleaned them and crushed them with the intention of using them for this, so this challenge has prompted me to finally get round to it!

I used some rock salt I had in the cupboard and crushed that first, which was quite a challenge and went everywhere! I then added the eggshells before crushing one of my charcoal incense discs as that’s all I had (we used the last of the barbecue charcoal last week).

I didn’t just want to make the salt, but to actually put it to use it in a spell.

Money is tight at the moment, and I’ve applied for a loan to consolidate some of the credit card debt that’s accrued during coronavirus. I’m awaiting a decision to decided to create a Good Luck and Prosperity Spell Jar:

Good-Luck-and-Prosperity-Spell-Jar.pdf (416.3 KB)

The spell requires:-

• Clean glass jar
  • Sage, palo santo or other incense
  • Green candle
  • Black salt
  • Cinnamon
  • Cloves
  • Chamomile
  • Sage
  • Rosemary
  • Clear Quartz
  • Tiger’s Eye
  • Green Aventurine

I don’t have any chamomile in my witchy herbs, but I do have chamomile tea bags so I broke open one of those. The rosemary I used is from my garden, and the sage I dried myself.

I arranged all the items on my altar before performing the spell and creating the spell jar.

After filling the jar, I sealed it with green wax from the candle, and added a key and thanked Hekate for her continuing guidance and protection.

I’ve left the spell jar on my altar whilst the candle burns down. Keeping my fingers crossed!

13 Likes

Wow! I’m really impressed with the detail of your altar and your spell! My best wishes and positive thoughts for you!

10 Likes

Beautiful spell iris. And I love your altar

10 Likes

I can just feel this one working from here! You did a great job!

10 Likes

This looks like a perfectly executed spell @IrisW I can feel it’s power from looking at it. It’s gorgeous and makes my eyes happy to look at it. Great job .

9 Likes

It’s perfect!! :star_struck: Your photos always look so professional!

Thanks for sharing this! :raised_hands: Blessings and power to your spell!

8 Likes

Iris- Your spell jar turned out perfect! I love the color you chose to seal the jar! You used so many herbs :herb: and has so much intention! You give me so much inspiration thank You :blush:
This is definitely going in my Bos!
Blessed be! :sparkles:
Jeannie

9 Likes

I’ve done that many times!!! It’s the same thing!!!
I’ll say a prayer for your finances. Great job making the black salt!!

9 Likes

The jar is gorgeous, @IrisW, and as always I am in awe of your beautiful altar display :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This was a great way to use those eggshells! May your spellwork bring you much good luck and an abundance of prosperity :pray::moneybag: :heart:

7 Likes