My weightloss progress

Hi everyone, its been a little while since i haven’t been able to come and chat, but my absence hasn’t been due to laziness and in fact quiet the opposite. So i wanted to give an update on my weight loss journey. Since the 28/11/21 as some of you know i had started Duromine to assist me with my appetite and i put my foot down and said that’s it i want to loose weight. So i have been on a strict diet plan (of my own), and hitting the gym twice a day everyday in addition to 1 hr walks in total to get the kids from school during the week and 1 1/2 hr walks on the weekends on the treadmill.
Anyways, today is the 22/11/21 and i am down from 113kg (249lbs) to 98kg (216lbs). So that means i have lost 15kg (33lbs) in 25days. it has been going well but in the last few days my weight loss has been stuck on 98kg and my class trainer thinks i should mix up my diet a bit more but not the calories.
To me this is a small achievement however i still have 23kg (50lbs) to go and i hope to loose it over the next few months.

20 Likes

It’s so nice to hear from you with an update. Please don’t get discouraged, you are doing a great job & have made some awesome progress. It’s definitely quite the achievement! :hugs:

I hope you have continued success. Maybe it’s your bodies way of telling you that your systems just need to catch up with the new changes with the weight loss. (I am no kind of nutritionist or medical professional, I feel like your body is adjusting though & then will resume with weight loss as you change up the diet a little)

Great job! :blush: I’m happy for you :blush:

11 Likes

Hunni you are doing an amazing job! Please don’t be discouraged. There are bumps in the road and progress stalls in every weight loss journey. You should be proud of how far you’ve come and the weight that you have lost in a healthy way! Keep up what you’re doing hun. You will get exactly where you want to be. I’m so proud of you!

I’m really hoping that my weight will start to stabilise now and it will start going back down to normal now that I finally have been allowed to come of the steroids that were managing a flare of my Lupus. My Lupus flares I lose weight fast - but not in a healthy and managed way like you’re doing, I take the steroids to control my Lupus and it’s really hard to not gain weight. So I completely understand the frustrations and doubting days hun, I really do.

But please be SO proud of your progress you have come so far. And not just in your weight loss journey, your confidence as a young, marred mum has just seemed to blossom. I am so proud of you! I

11 Likes

That’s amazing! It takes a lot of dedication to continue but it must feel great to see the results from all your hard work! Good luck and keep at it, it will happen for you:)

11 Likes

Very far distances can be covered by small steps along the way- the most important thing is that you are making progress towards your goal, @TheMuslimWitch! I’m really happy for you and am cheering you on in your quest to good health :blush: Good luck and blessed be! :heart:

9 Likes

That’s amazing progress! Don’t give up, especially when the tough gets going. I see weight loss like taking medication. If you have been taking it for a while and feel you don’t need it anymore, that might be the time you need it most! Keep at it!
I wish I kept up with my exercise. I can’t get to a gym, so I sometimes do pilates and I walk everyday (about 3miles). I still walk every other daybut I’m not seeing any improvements.

11 Likes

Thank you @jessica72 @Susurrus @christine13 @christina4 @BryWisteria I really appreciate all your support. It does get hard but my eyes are set on that 75kg prize and at the moment there is nothing that will make me change my mind. I have been through a lot of pain literally where i couldn’t walk and some nights staying up doing a last minute essay before the due date also didn’t help with sleep, but learned when my body says its tired i take a little rest whether that mean i do more the next day when i feel a little better or i go to a second afternoon class so i can catch up on some zzzz. I also learned when i feel dizzy or weak i need to eat a little more like a banana or tea with a biscuit.
Amazingly i have not craved sugar much or coffee as i was a hardcore coffee addict like 3+ coffees a day and going cold turkey on coffee and soda was not so bad.
Finally, after the 3 days of my weight not budging it went down 0.9kgs so i am at the moment 97.8kg as of yesterday… :wink: only 22kg more to go :grimacing: :persevere:

9 Likes

Just another update, i am currently 95kg. When i get to my goal i will post a before and after pic for comparison

8 Likes

Keep up the good work hunni! You’re doing so well.

9 Likes

Thank you. I wont lie it is hard but like they say no pain no gain…

10 Likes

Hi everyone, i know this my seem irrelevant but i just thought i would give an update on where i am currently on my weight loss journey. So as of yesterday i am currently down 28kg which means i went from 113kg to 85kgs from the 28th of October to the 24th of December. I had a check up yesterday with my doctor and he said i am doing amazing and he wants to do a check u on me next month again. My goal is 75kg which is 10kgs away. This was discussed and decided by both my doctor and myself since it is a healthy weight according to my height and age (BMI).
Anyways, i just wanted to say to anyone wanting to loose weight especially around this time of year YOU CAN DO IT! I believe in you and am sure when you find that strong mindset nothing can set you back. This doesn’t mean you have to go hungry or exhaust yourself with exercise rather it just takes those first few baby steps just as i did.
I will update all of my lovely witches soon x :blush:

11 Likes

Woohoo!! You are a huge inspiration! Way proud of you.

10 Likes

Thank you… At the moment i am just a few grams away from being 83kg which means i will have only 8kgs left… I will have to use all my focus and good intentions for these last few kgs since they are very stubborn…

9 Likes

Way to go hun! You have done amazingly well and I am so proud of you. You’ve got this! :clap: :muscle:

9 Likes

Step by step, you’ve worked hard and planned mindfully to reach your goal- a huge congrats to you on your journey so far, @TheMuslimWitch! :partying_face: It sounds like you are finding your happiness and good health, I am really excited for you :blush: You’re very close now- I hope you can achieve your goal! Good luck and many blessings! :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you :blush: and the best part is i feel so much better and am more active than i have ever been

9 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria :blush: … To be honest the initial planning actually didn’t happen and it just hit me one day that i couldn’t even get up off the floor without a struggle… The planning thereafter was very thorough and i have logged almost everyday for the past 2 months…
I am super excited to reach my goal and go shopping for clothes which my husband has promised… My current clothes just slide off and when i reach my goal i will post before and after pics with my 3 month transformation of 38kg. I will even upload my jeans before hand which look so hilarious at the moment when i where them…
It goes to show that the mind is actually the strongest part of our body :blush:

9 Likes

Absolutely! There is astounding power in the mind :relieved: :sparkles: You set your mind on your goal and have managed to manifest it into reality! A huge congrats to you, @TheMuslimWitch- I am so happy for you! :heart:

9 Likes

Wow, super congratulations!

9 Likes

Thank you for your support :blush:

8 Likes