My weightloss progress

Thank you so much :blush:

9 Likes

Just another minor update, i am currently standing at 82kg so i officially have 7kg left. Yay!

9 Likes

Congratulations! You’ve done some great work & it is paying off for you! I’m very happy with your continued progress! :confetti_ball: :partying_face:

9 Likes

Yes me too… not long now until I reach the finish line, however, it won’t be the end as losing the weight is half the work keeping it off and eating a more healthy amount of calories is another… I will see the Dietician once I reach 75kg

8 Likes

You’ll do great, this is the hardest part.

Due to other circumstances, I think that seeing a nutritionist at some point may be a good idea. I have some, appetite issues that are closely related to my mental health/emotional health… they aren’t healthy issues to have & I want my daughter to eat a variety of healthier calories than she seems to be drawn to lately.

8 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch What an accomplishment! Congratulations on your success, so far! I look forward to reading about your continued success!

8 Likes

Hi Sweetie,
Weight loss is very hard and must be approached with your health in mind. It’s delightful that you have lost so much weight, but so often with such an intense weight loss program , 33lb in 25 days? WOW!
I’ve done the same and although rewarding, the weight boomeranged. Easy enough to lose but hard to keep off. Slow and steady wins the race. Take care of you health, you’re kids need their Mama.
Khadija, don’t take offense (I love you to pieces…) and want you safe. Your damaging yourself would break my heart. Take care dearest.
(This is the nurse talking.)
:hugs: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Blessed be, be safe and know we love you.
Garnet
(This is the Grandma talking)
PS: I’m very proud of you success

8 Likes

That is a good idea… Sometimes when we eat a bad variety of foods which most people refer to as junk food, everyone seems to notice and it becomes very apparent to ourselves, but what other people my notice refer to as bad is a extremely low intake of food which can do just as much damage if not more.
For me i am i guess you could say on that boarder line of what a unhealthy low calorie intake is but in saying that i am aware of what my body needs and have been very in tune lately.

8 Likes

Thanks… I am happy i can finally move around more. I will post before and after pics for sure. Not long now! :blush:

8 Likes

Thank you. To be honest i got to the point just before trying to loose weight where i was struggling to get up off the floor and takeout was a every second day ritual for me. I make sure i listen to my body and the faintest sign i feel unwell, weak or i have pushed myself i make sure i eat more and workout less.
As for being overweight before that was a result of my depression and i honestly couldn’t have cared a less whether i woke up in the morning back then.
I see my doctor every month and this month in 24 days will be the last month on Duromine and i will be referred to either a dietician or a nutritionist to work on my new diet and make sure it is increased and my weight can be sustained with the doctor also doing blood work.
I will take care don’t worry, and also you take care too as you always show so much love and you need to think of yourself as well x :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Oh wow, fair play to you! I’m currently trying to lose weight as well, as with the pandemic I’ve gotten into an awful habit of eating when I’m stressed. But this year I’m deciding to hopefully get back to where I was pre pandemic. Hearing yer journey has really inspired me.

Well done! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::purple_heart:

9 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch great job! There are many great points on this topic. Lots of people struggle with weight, either keeping weight on or keeping it off. I lost 80lbs 2 years ago, but then some things happened, bought a house and gained 50 back :see_no_evil: I just entered one of my favorite power lifters contest to loose it again. Eating right is truly the key. Journal which foods make you feel icky and which keeps you full longer will help. Every body is so different and we all need different things.

You can do anything and I believe in you!

9 Likes

Thank you. It has been quiet intense and I have worked out what works for my body… As of today I am 81kgs exact and have around 5 1/2 kgs left… then the real challenge will begin :hot_face:

5 Likes

Hi everyone, sorry if my posts are getting a little repetitive, but i just wanted to let anyone know (and also for my own reference) where i am at atm. So as of today i weight 77.9kg (171.7 lbs) down from 113kgs (249.1 lbs). That means i have around 2.5kgs (5.5 lbs) to go! I am so excited as my doctor expected me to loose 38kgs (83.7 lbs) in a year and a half or even more not under 3 months.
I have currently lost to date 35.5kgs (78.2 lbs) in 79 days. I hope to lose the remaining 2.5kgs (5.5 lbs) in the next 12 days when i plan to see my doctor. Boy will he be shocked. After that i guess i am aiming to lose another 2-3kgs (4.4-6.6 lbs) as the doctor explained once i get off Duromine in 12 days and start eating way healthier than the extremely low calorie diet i have created for myself at the moment, i will gain weight no doubt about it and around 2-3kgs (4.4-6.6 lbs) so want to have the room to adjust to the new diet after seeing the dietician in the near future.
I hope everyone else is going well if they set out a new years resolution to get healthy and know it is possible and the hours and any struggle you are having will pay off :blush:

7 Likes

You are incredible! You should be so proud of yourself and your hard work! I am so proud of you for taking care of yourself and managing your weight loss in a healthy way. Keep up the hard work hunni!

7 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch sorry I am late to the party but I just wanted to congratulate you on your progress and success! You are so inspiring with your willpower and determination :heart: Keep it up!

7 Likes

Thank you and no you are not late since losing the weight is only the beginning and keeping it off will be a long-term struggle.

6 Likes

Thank you @jessica72 . I honestly should be jumping up and down on the spot, and don’t get me wrong wearing my old clothes in size 20 where they are very loose compared to my now size 12 clothes is great, however, i still have a bad habit to break which i have had since i was very overweight and that is to stop over obsessing with my flaws. I still do it and when i look in the mirror i still see that ‘fat’ part of me that put me into depression sometime back.
Its a working progress and being sensible enough i will make sure i keep in contact with the doctor and see a dietician to increase my calorie and protein intake and reduce the amount of exercise i have been doing in the past few months.

5 Likes

I know i think the pandemic has effected everyone in some way or another. My weight gain became 20 or more kgs as i had to quit my nursing studies 4 months until graduation as a star student and all my three jobs and stop seeing my friend. These were the things that made me feel independent.
Lets just say my other half couldn’t cope with looking after the kids and my 2 year process of independence was too scary to him. He actually thought at one point i was looking for a boyfriend and was taking part in drugs when i was in Nursing college as i had resumed smoking after many years due to the stress and all the accusations i had experienced daily :woman_facepalming:
Anyways long story short, after the embarrassing way he stormed into my college and made me quit everything and everyone i love, he decided to take the whole family on holiday (which i was against), and in the end i had my in laws threatening me to take my kids as they believed i was nuts as i attempted to defend myself and tell the truth which was for some reason so out if my character they thought… I unfortunately just couldn’t take it and
started to cut in arms (in secret at first) as i had been put through so much abuse mentally and by that point physically.
As a result i fell into depression which was noticed by my doctor so he decided to medicate me, hence the weight gain from emotional eating and not caring about whether i would wake up or not the next day let alone how i looked…

Now all i can say is i am so glad that i suddenly put my foot down and decided to loose the weight. Not only has my mental health improved, but my relationship too which was holding on by a thread… I now am very active hardly sit which is also kind iif hard for hubby as he wonders why i try so much and who its for. I can now make sure i am in a better head space to react and also i won’t stand for his attitude and give him a taste of his own medicine. This has scared him as he has seen me time and time again achieving goals like my weight loss, getting my red P’s for my motorbike licence and i have almost completed my uni degree the first in both my and my husband’s family…

Girl you can do it! There is no one else who knows as much as me the struggle but make sure it for you and you only. :blush:
All u can say is my

5 Likes

Just an update i am as of today 77.5 kgs (170.8 lbs) and my goal is to be at least 75.7 kgs (166.8 lbs) which will put me in the 75 kg (165.3 lbs) region which was my goal…

5 Likes