Name the Elements

I put my various elements for mt ritual practices into cute jars and sealed them with wax.

Thought I’d run a little game here and see who can name all these elements from left to right, 1 to 7.

Here are 3 photos in that order:

Tem

8 Likes

1st photo: Fire air earth and water? I wonder what is in the first bottle!
Second photo: wild guess: himalayn pink salt, quicksilver/mercury, sulfur powder

8 Likes

You got them all right.

The first bottle is glass which I broke from a thermometer to get the mercury.

And yep the last three are salt, mercury and sulfur (philosophers stone).

I setup my ritual room with candles and elements in this type of way:

Tem

9 Likes

That is so cool! Alchemy! So interesting! I know next to nothing about that. Runes and alchemy will be on my list of new things to explore and learn about in 2022!

9 Likes

For the first picture, it looks like a (2) feather, (3) salt or sand, and (4) water.

For the second picture, I was only sure about (1) pink Himalayan salt.

I didn’t guess the broken thermometer glass and mercury (even though, looking back, I remember you mentioned that in a previous post!) and my Kitchen-Witch mind kept insisting that the last jar was garlic powder :garlic: :joy:

Thanks for this fun little guessing game, Tem- and congrats on your beautiful elemental jars! I know you don’t need me to tell you, but handle them with reverence and care (especially the broken thermometer and mercury) and enjoy them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Those jars look great, Tem. And also thanks for that Alchemical Ascension infographic! :+1:

Here’s a quote by Paracelsus which I hope will inspire you:

“Medicine rests upon four pillars—philosophy, astronomy, alchemy, and ethics. The first pillar is the philosophical knowledge of earth and water; the second, astronomy, supplies its full understanding of that which is of fiery and airy nature; the third is an adequate explanation of the properties of all the four elements—that is to say, of the whole cosmos—and an introduction into the art of their transformations; and finally, the fourth shows the physician those virtues which must stay with him up until his death, and it should support and complete the three other pillars.”
― Paracelsus, Selected Writings

6 Likes

Thanks @Francisco :slight_smile:

5 Likes
  1. crystal or and citrine
  2. feather
  3. salt
  4. water
  5. rose quartz
  6. fools gold
  7. chicken bullion
    Tem, honey, I’m notoriously bad at this game :frowning:
5 Likes

Well not sure of them all but this is what I figured:

1. not sure looks like a crystal
  2. feather
  3. salt
  4. water
  5. Himalayan salt or Rose Quartz
  6. not sure
  7. not sure
    this was interesting Tem, thanks for sharing this.
    Blessed be
5 Likes

Made by me at imgflip.com

:grin::grin: I have no hope of guessing any of it! But a fun idea, maybe I’ll get better as I learn more.

6 Likes