Nature is Good For You

I am presenting a challenge. Go outside everyday for the next two weeks. Even just for 5 minutes. Take the same path and notice everything. The sights, the smells, the sounds, the textures. Be mindful. Be sure to visit the website and log into our forum and share your pictures and experiences. :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Oh, this sounds like something I can do even in my own yard! I usually stand on one of my porches & listen to what is happening in my yard, the sky, the trees… but taking a walk around the yard is something I can do now that we have cleaned up the pieces from the fallen tree in our backyard & over the fire pit! :hugs:

8 Likes

This is an amazing idea and would be so helpful and fun
I am really going to try to make myself do this. I have developed moderate agoraphobia since the trauma and I feel so trapped and I keep looking for ways to force myself outside.

7 Likes

Start with 2 minutes and work your way up from there. If knowing you only have to “do it” for 2 minutes it may seem easier that way. :slight_smile: But, of course, if you go longer that is great too!

9 Likes

In the colder months, I tend to stay inside more, but even going outside for two minutes to get the mail should count, right? :laughing:

9 Likes

Cheating lol

9 Likes

I usually find things to do in my yard & in my self-care app one of my “goals for each day” is to walk around the neighborhood. Sometimes I make it up to the top of the street & back to my house :house_with_garden: Today I walked around my yard and as I was doing it, I would find little things to either pick up or that caught my eye. I could hear the birds & crows :raven: “talking” to each other and then in the back I could hear I’m guessing the squirrels & chipmunks :chipmunk: doing the same things. I like to listen to them though.

It’s a gray :cloud: & chilly day here, so I stay inside most of the time. I just recently started having to wear my compression glove & pants… I’m putting off the braces as long as possible… my son said that Friday it’s supposed to be 1 degree & then Saturday -2 degrees :cold_face:… so most likely, I won’t be leaving my house much on those days if I can help it.

I miss the sun :sun: but it’s that time of year where I am, lots of gray days…

9 Likes

We have Saturday looking like it will be -13 —yes that says NEGATIVE 13 lol… UGH…I want summer lol

9 Likes

Oh me too! I have no idea what the real feel will be Saturday with the regular temp showing as Negative 2… it will depend on how much wind we are getting off of the ocean that day. Last week we had about 2 or 3 days of wind advisories, so it was raw & cold then too.

8 Likes

Yikes. I just checked the forecast for my area and our wind chill is supposed to be -4! :cold_face: At least it’s not going to last very long.

7 Likes

I think I may try this challenge next week! We’ve got windchills near or below zero for most of the week so as much as I love nature, I don’t know that I love it that much. Thanks for the nudge!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.