Never formally introduced myself

My name is Jamie Dowell 47 this August 23rd. My husband and I have been together 26 years and married 22 years this October. I am a very proud mother of TWO SETS of twins girl. Haley Moon, Hannah Sunshine, Morgan Storm and Madison Rian. I was always drawn to the moon and nature. As time passed i gradually started practicing. I love working with crystals,herbs and the moon. I am shy until you get to know me, then I’m very outgoing, funny, kind and talkative. I have dyslexia and suffer from severe depression and anxiety. I have noticed since I have started practicing about a year ago. That my depression and my desire to read has improved greatly. I think the magic and meditation for helping me. So I just wanted to say thank you for being a part of my journey and helping me feel like I’m a part of a community. I appreciate you all… THANK YOU :heart: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @jamie1 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to officially meet you!

Two sets of twins is an amazing feat :clap: I mean, I don’t know how I would do it. I just have one child! And their names are perfect :pinched_fingers: tributes to the natural world.

I’m really happy to hear that your practice has helped your mental health :heart: You’re not alone, there! Many people, myself included, have benefited in one way or another by practicing witchcraft. I’m glad you’re here! :heart:

8 Likes

Gorgeous photo. Your family sounds wonderful. It’s so lovely that your with us here. Wishing you a lovely week :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Thank You! I hope you’re day is filled with love and kindness!

7 Likes

Thank You Megan :blush: I hope you’re day is filled with magic and kindness :sparkles: I do really appreciate the feeling of community that all of you provide here a secret space.

7 Likes

Aww, thank you so much! :sparkles: I hope your day is just as magical!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I too suffer from anxiety snd depression. I also noticed with this community it has been getting a little better. I wish you luck and happiness as you continue with your journey.

8 Likes

@jamie1

It’s so nice to formally meet you, Jamie! :hugs: Your daughters’ names are awesome! I also have 4 children, 3 girls, and 1 boy, but no twins. I also have a mild form of dyslexia, I tend to reverse numbers mostly, but now I use a spell checker when I’m writing :writing_hand: I’ve struggled with depression most of my life and also social anxiety, related to my shyness.

I have also noticed that as my Spirituality has increased, my depression has decreased! Some of the things that helped me are journaling, meditating, and of course, magick! Jamie, you are now part of the Spells 8 family :infinite_roots: and we are here for you! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

Hi @jamie1! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Congratulations on a successful 26-year and TWO sets of twins. Wow, that is awesome. Don’t worry about being shy, once you get to know us you won’t be able to shut up, like me! LOL! I’m shy too, agoraphobic actually, and this group has really helped me out. It’s nice to meet you, I look forward to talking with you around the forum!

7 Likes

@jamie1 Welcoming you with much love! :pray: I’m new to Spells8. Everyone is so loving and helpful, and so supportive. Lots of great information to learn too! Twins :women_with_bunny_ears:, that’s so neat! I always wanted twins but have sons. I love them both with all my heart! I myself struggled with depression and awful anxiety, but after a lot of reading and learning Magick, I have no issues with anxiety, and as far as depression, it’s also diminished. I also do all herbal remedies and juice a lot, which has no doubt helped. I believe in the power of Magick and trust the journey… I understand the struggle of anxiety, depression. You can overcome it all! :muscle: :butterfly::closed_book: I also listen to mantras and meditate :brain::woman_in_lotus_position:t3:, which has been super helpful.

Sending lots of love and hugs your way! :herb: :cup_with_straw:

7 Likes

Hello @jamie1,

Welcome! Thank you so much for sharing your introduction- it’s very nice to meet you officially :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I relate with this a lot- my practice has helped me deal with my anxiety and feel more confident. Magick helps me feel more in touch with my life and the world around me, and meditation brings a lot of peace. They sure aren’t kidding when they say there are many benefits to the Craft! I’m happy your journey into magick has been helping you too :heart:

Please make yourself at home here, Jamie! Looking forward to chatting with you more soon :blush:

Blessed be!

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing with me. I hope you have magical day :sparkles: :yellow_heart: I look forward to us chatting again.

6 Likes

Thank you for all the kind words and sharing with me. Your family sounds like a lovely one. I really appreciate everyone making me feel like I’m part of the community. ((HUGS))

7 Likes

For real, everyone has been so nice. I truly look forward to talking with All Of You and getting to Know You Better. Hope your day is filled with Magic

7 Likes

You all are so very kind :two_hearts: :sparkles: and very encouraging. My oldest set of twins are identical and my youngest set of twins… you wouldn’t believe that they were twins. Their hair Eye color heights, weight. Everything’s different except their chins lol. I will be 47 at the end of the month. So I’m at the age where I am just patiently wait for grandchildren.

7 Likes

I look forward to learning so much from All Of You. I feel blessed to be a part of this.

7 Likes

You too! I hope your day has been wonderful!

7 Likes

it hasn’t been too bad. I work evenings/nights at my corner grocery store. I love my nights because I work outside a lot. And get to see the sunsets in the moon come out all the time. I’m big, on taking pictures.

Well my brake is almost over I hope you have a wonderful night. The moon over Detroit last night.

7 Likes

@jamie1,Absolutely wonderful, those identical twins :dancing_men: :star_struck:! Oh geez, you’ll find yourself a grandma sooner than you expect – it just happens :laughing:, whether we’re prepared or not. :pray:Time flies, doesn’t it? Goodness gracious! Well, I’ll officially become a grandma :older_woman: this December! :blue_heart:

Much love and hugs to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs:

7 Likes

@jamie1 So beautiful! :earth_africa::star2::ringer_planet::sparkles::heart:

7 Likes