New and extremely nervous

Hi, I’m Jamie, from Colorado in the US and new to this. I’m extremely introverted. Posting this is giving me anxiety😁 I am hoping to learn, grow and become more confident in my journey. Thank you for any help you can give me.

14 Likes

Welcome Jamie! I’m a baby witch (practicing since January) with exposure since I was a teenager. Being that I’m in the South (Houston, Tx), I’m still some what closeted though. I’m new to the coven as well, joining just last month. Everyone has been very welcoming and so helpful!

Two things I use often are the daily devotional: https://spells8.com/wiccan-devotional/

And nightly lunar ritual: https://spells8.com/spell-for-today/

I’m currently working through the Self Initiation and it has lots of great information for a newbie! https://spells8.com/courses/wicca-self-initiation/

I hope I can add any advice to any question you may have.

Merry met.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I’m Christina and I’m from New York. I was going to suggest starting with the initiation course but the great @jessica55 beat me to it :relaxed::cherry_blossom: if you have any questions at all, please let us know or if you have bad anxiety, you can message me.
Blessed be :pray:

7 Likes

Hi @jamie15! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I know it’s difficult to put yourself out there, but you just did the hardest part, the first step! That’s how it was for me, talking the first time was extremely hard for me.

But once you get to know these wonderful people, you’ll feel more comfortable, and then you’ll be like me, never shutting up. LOL!

If you have any questions, or just feel nervous about something, give a shout and someone will help you out. Or DM me, if I’m around I’ll try to help you!

I look forward to getting to know you!

8 Likes

Hi Jamie, When I feel insecure about the way I am, I like to focus on the strong side of my qualities, e.g. people with anxiety are often diligent, organized and punctual. Introverted people are often sensitive, interesting, observant, patient, calm and reliable. People who do not feel super confident are often smart enough to know they don’t know everything, they are not arrogant, they may try harder, and sometimes they are helpful to others.This pratice is amazing. You can make it be what you want it to be. It is like a form of self-care, which is really a form of self-love and self-acceptance It has helped me grow as a person. And you know, that’s good for everybody. Love you, you love everybody :slight_smile: Everybody wins :peace_symbol: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Greetings @jamie15 :heart:

Welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots: As a fellow witch with anxiety, I think you are very brave. Thanks for taking that leap of faith and introducing yourself to the forum- we are very blessed to have you here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Others have shared some wonderful resources to help you find your footing. I also recommend taking a peek at the weekly news post called Merry Meet Monday- it lists all the upcoming iwitchy holidays, events, and news to be aware of :newspaper:

If you have any questions or come across some witchy tips you’d like to share, please know that you are very welcome to do so! Make yourself at home here :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thank you all so much. The resources you’ve shared are very helpful.
I’ve been working through the self initiation courses and am so excited to be learning. I feel like I’ve finally found the path I’ve been searching for. Grateful to be on this journey.
Thank you for reaching out and making me feel comfortable to ask questions as they come up!

7 Likes

You’ve already crushed it simply by introducing yourself despite your nerves!
We’re all supremely friendly (supreme~ahaha see what I did there?)
I’m in Edmonton Alberta Canada :canada: and am an eclectic witch who doesn’t shy away from working with darker elements but am also very positive.
Any help or suggestions you may need don’t be shy~feel free to ask!

5 Likes

Hello, enjoy and welcome to the coven @jamie15 ,

I’m called either as Anne or Margaret here, any of the two would do, Filipino Pagan practitioner, someone studying how to become a Babaylan (healer/herbalist/priestess, etc) of my country the Philippines, a writer or poet, and the rest is too long to explain, most of it are in the profile, If you have any questions you could always ask it by creating a new topic in the forum too and someone who knows the subject will answer it, the courses also help as they’re all informative,

Blessed Be,
Margaret

Note: I apologize if there were any other newcomers I wasn’t able to reply to in the past three weeks of a hectic schedule

4 Likes

Hello @jamie15, it is very nice to meet you, welcome to the coven we are happy to have you. I am NickWick and I am eclectic studying the craft. Glad you are getting the assistance you need on finding your path. Wishing you all the best on your journey.

Blessed Be :dizzy:

3 Likes

Welcome! Some nervousness is ok :blush: I hope you find our group to be as helpful and kind as I have! Glad you’re here

4 Likes

Jamie;

No need to be nervous. I’m new here too joined in February. Even through the internet waves of you will this is probably the most warm, welcoming and non judgmental group I have ever been a part of.

Welcome!!

Malinda

5 Likes

Hi from a fellow Baby Witch. I have been here almost a month and I am loving it. For me it was like coming home. I second all of the resources you have been told to check out as well as you might want to check out the Thursday Tea Zoom chat. Again welcome and Blessed Be!

7 Likes