New And Nervous

Hi, I’m Kara. I have been a frequent visitor (e.i. lurker) to the site and forums; but just recently joined. I’ve always been drawn to Magic, but I have only been practicing solitary for not quite a year now. I suffer from social anxiety disorder which causes a great deal of stress and panic when talking to or meeting others. Being at home with my husband and dogs, or out in nature are about the only places I’m truly comfortable. But I do want to learn more and grow; and doing it completely solo can get a bit overwhelming. This site has by far been one of the best resources I have found, and the community seems extremely kind and helpful (as I said lurker). I am going to try and post in the forums, which will probably mostly be if someone is talking about their dogs :blush:

I am very happy to have found this and really looking forward to seeing where my path will lead me.

12 Likes

Merry Meet, @kara4! My name is Ben. Since you are a former lurker, you are probably familiar with the Merry Meet Mondays, and the Guidelines so I will spare you a ton of links to the newbie stuff :wink:

When it comes to posts about animals, I am a cat person, sorry. :sweat_smile: But we do have some posts about our animals that you can comment on and share pictures of your dogs, if you want. (Edit: The first link is about familiars and pets. The other two are posts sharing pics of our animals)

6 Likes

It awesome to meet you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I lurked for a few days before I introduced myself also, took me an hour to write and post it and it was a pretty short post :joy: I’m Lisa if you need anything just ask <3 Blessed Be <3

6 Likes

Hi @kara4! I’m Amethyst, from Southern West Virginia. Welcome officially to the forum! It’s always neat when a lurker comes out to play! Although I totally understand the social anxiety thing. I went quiet on the internet for over a decade because of it. Glad you’re making headway and are talking now.

I see @praecog29 has hooked you up on links, and again feel free to post pictures of your furbabies. We love to see them.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up and help you out!

5 Likes

A very merry meet to you, @kara4! :heart:

Thank you so much for taking that first big step and writing such a wonderful introduction- it is a pleasure to meet you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I imagine you know the site pretty well by now, but of course if any questions come up feel free to reach out! Posts in the forum are great because everyone can learn from a question (and there are no “bad” or “stupid” questions in a place where we are all learning and growing together :evergreen_tree: :books:)- but feel free to send a private message if you are more comfortable that way. Make yourself at home here! :heart:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon. Love and light! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Welcome! We already have a lot in common… Social anxiety, and love for nature. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m Christina and I’m a New Yorker. Single mama of four. Nice to meet you!!!
Blessed be :pray:

6 Likes

Welcome to the Coven, Kara!! :wave:

You can share anything you want about your pets (or husband)! That’s what the General Discussion Forum is for!! :smiley:

Have a blessed stay!

5 Likes

Hi there and welcome! Lurking is ok! Just watching, reading and observing is usually my thing but I’m trying to be more engaged just because this space and all of those in this coven community are so warm and give me happiness. I hope you find that as well here. Welcome!!

6 Likes