New astrological charts.... Opinions

So I just saw a picture on Facebook outlining the new astrological signs and dates. Something I was completely unaware of. So I then googled it and came across an article explaining NASA’s discovery of the constellation Ophinicus and the placement of this constellation in the zodiac. So now instead of being on a cusp of Gemini and cancer I’m now a cusp of Taurus and Gemini? And I’m not longer at cancer sun at all but a Gemini instead? I’m not sure how I feel about this because my whole 34 years my birthday has always been the opening on cancer season, litha and the summer solstice. However according to this chart Litha will now mark the opening of Gemini season. :woman_facepalming:t3: I’m still very new to working and learning about the signs and planets but now it seems I am to erase everything I previously learned and replace it…
This makes me curious as to how this will / what extent this changes The posts about the zodiac seasons that @Missa shares with us, and the reports we receive from @Abs53 ? And how is this new constellation going to shake up our birth charts? Does it change our moon and ascending signs too? (I know that’s a ton of questions for me to ask your opinions on but I’m an overthinker and I hate when things don’t go according to plan :woman_shrugging:t3:)
So with all my many questions and whatever you guys draw from This article and picture

What are everyone’s thoughts and opinions on this?

8 Likes

Sigh. I have no idea. I still think of Pluto as a planet. It will take some time to get used to.

8 Likes

oh its not :woman_facepalming: Well i obviously haven’t been all here as i too thought it was a planet… :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Wow! This is a lot to take in… I guess if this is true then believe it and adopt the new zodiac signs/dates… Idk i still need to learn the different characteristics of other zodiac signs other than my own…

7 Likes

Nah, it was declared a rogue asteroid or moon or something about a decade or so ago. Not sure. It seems wrong though, to strike it off the lists of planets.

8 Likes

I’m confused all the way around. I don’t think Pluto is a rogue anything though as it continues to swing in the gravitational pull of the sun and has made the same path for years upon years.
But this new astrological chart has me completely thrown because in a way i can justify the change as far as I’m concerned. I do have many similarities to Taurus and I’ve always shown characteristics of a Gemini but I also carry many traits from cancer as well (the Taurus similarities can be explained by my moon being in Taurus as well) but now I’m not sure what to do. I had just started my book with my astrological information in it and now it seems as if all of that information is wrong?
But when in doubt I always come to my coven with information that makes me question what I know is facts in hopes one of my brother or sisters with a more astrological based practice might have some answers or more knowledge about it :woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

Oooffff I am not a Sagittarius damnit!

7 Likes

No, you are still a cusp between Gemini and Cancer!

For some reason, the whole Ophiuchus discussion comes back every year, but it has been refuted by Western astrologers years ago.

Ophiuchus is a constellation, not a sign.

Signs are named after constellations but they don’t match the constellations as we see them in the sky today. The signs in Western astrology are each 30-degree longitudinal divisions of the ecliptic, and this lines up with the distance the sun will “travel” through them in a month.

This means there are 12 signs and there always will!

In short, the signs have not shifted unless you are one of a small number of astrologers who use the astronomic zodiac and includes Ophiuchus.

Also, when it comes to personality, it’s best to look at the whole picture and include your rising sign, moon sign, and other planets.

PS: Take anything you see on Facebook with a double pinch of salt!

12 Likes

I usually do but given I have just started my astrology B.o.S a few days ago and then that showed up today it threw me for a loop. Thank you for clearing that up for me @Francisco because Ophiuchus can definitely remain a constellation and not a sign. I definitely don’t feel like relearning the little astrology information I just retained lol

7 Likes

There’s a bit of counter argument about it too:

8 Likes

It didn’t meet the criteria to be a planet. Still…I don’t get it, it’s been a planet for all this time. Why now?

8 Likes

Not sure really, some astrophysicist messed Pluto up for everyone. LOL.

7 Likes

I still consider it a planet as well. It rotates around the sun. If I have to include the astroids as planets that rotate on gravitational pulls in order to keep Pluto- damnit I will :rofl:

9 Likes

It’s considered a dwarf planet.

8 Likes

Ah, so still a ‘planet’ Just dwarf in front of it. Wonderful.

8 Likes

@phoenix_dawn @Amethyst @TheMuslimWitch @NoName @Francisco @Temujin_Calidius @christina4 @Abs53

I have seen this photo floating around online before either on websites or facebook. I think the first time I saw it was over a year ago… But in all honesty and my opinion. I have feeling this is fake and not a legit thing that has happened or going to happen. A lot of people manipulate and take news photos like this into photoshop or meme generators to make up posts for fun and people to either take as a joke or think it’s legit real. I feel like if this was actually real then more trust worthy sources would have stated so. So many books, articles, blogs, etc would have to delete everything and get rid of so much information from the original astrological dates and correspondences… And that would take a lot amount of time and effort to construct and republish for everyone to know. The known original astrological dates and zodiac information has been around for so long I don’t think it would be changed all of a sudden.

11 Likes

Immediate thought without looking at the comments below? It’s hard to trust someone who mispells Sagittarius on TV. You’ve got a phone, pal, look it up.

8 Likes

I’m completely agree with you @Missa , Facebook news and post ain’t a good source to follow, and if someone does it, the person should make a exhaustive search with other sources about the topic. Specially on people in which start
introducing themselves has doctors of whatever.
I like to read from @phoenix_dawn when dealing with topics like this one, she does the correct thing on searching besides of what she reads.

9 Likes

Nor am I an OhFu…nevermind, that’s bad language (:rofl::rofl:)

6 Likes

The Demotion of Pluto occurred long before the arrival of the New Horizons spacecraft. The images from it’s flyby shocked the spit out of the scientists, because it proved them wrong about Pluto in many ways. They demoted Pluto, but call every speck of dust and debris orbiting Saturn a “moon.”

Here’s one for you: What happens when someone is born on Mars? “Dude, like, your Earth is like, so bogus., but your Ganymede is a gas.”

That statement is so far in the future even I don’t know what it means! Lol!

7 Likes