New but not a Baby

Started looking into the Wheel of the Year to connect with my stepdaughter and have been quite taken with it all. Secular paganism seems to fit me. I am very much into earth level magick (crystals, herbs, trees, sabbats) and very much not into astrology and tarot. At 56 I could pass for a seasoned witch, but no, I am only months into it. I look forward to learning from you all.

9 Likes

A very warm welcome to you, @cbd! :heart:

I’m so glad you found your way here- we are blessed to have you join us! It sounds like you are building a lovely connection with your stepdaughter, may I ask if she also is exploring paganism? Exploring similar spiritual beliefs is a wonderful way for family to bond :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m always happy to meet a fellow Green Witch- the earth is abundant with magick! :green_heart: :sparkles: If you haven’t already found it, the free Spells8 course on Herbal Magick has a lot of helpful advice and guidance for witches both new and experienced:

Green-Witch-Course-Herbal-Witchcraft-750x505
Green Witch Herbal Course

There is a lot going on in the forum, so feel free to visit the weekly news post Merry Meet Monday to help get your bearings :compass:.

Looking forward to talking with you more soon. Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Merry meet! I am Krissie from Cape Cod, MA & I think you are going to like it here. Everyone is so supportive & friendly. It’s like a new limb of my family tree! I hope you enjoy the courses & the information that is on the site. I look forward to talking to you soon! Have a great day! Blessed Be! :star2: :heart:

5 Likes

Merry meet @cbd! I’m Kasie from West Virginia! Welcome to the forum! I look forward to chatting with you more soon!

5 Likes

Welcome cbd! :partying_face:

We’re happy to have you here! And it doesn’t matter when you start – everyone walks the path at different times in their life :heart:

6 Likes

Welcome to the community. Pleasure to meet you.

7 Likes

Thanks for asking - my stepdaughter definitely calls it her religion, but is not Wiccan. We haven’t talked explicitly about stuff, but we are sharing Sabbat rituals. I am sure I will be learning more from her too.

5 Likes

It sounds like your stepdaughter is walking an eclectic route- and she isn’t alone! Many here (myself included!) prefer to take a different path than Wicca. But it is wonderful that even those with different beliefs can come together and celebrate the Sabbats :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :handshake:

Sharing the Sabbats is a great way to bond, regardless of any differences between your practice! :heart: Do the two of you have any plans in mind for the upcoming Ostara? :tulip: :blush:

4 Likes

We usually have a video meeting once a week to check in on her mental health, and I encourage her to tell me what she has planned for the Sabbat. Then I try to match or complement what she is doing. Ostara and Litha are her favorites so I am planning on sending her a witchy care package for this one too.

6 Likes

mm and welcome this is one of the best new forums I have found. I am sure you will love it here.

6 Likes

That is such a sweet idea, @cbd! I am sure your stepdaughter will appreciate the witchy care package :package: :sparkles: Wishing you both a very happy and blessed Ostara! :blush:

4 Likes