New here from Baltimore, MD

Merry meet, fellow Wiccans! I am Carrie, and I am brand new here from Baltimore, MD. I just competed the Wicca Self Initiation and have had the chance to browse the space. I am loving the information so far and I am so eager to get fully started in my practice! I purchased myself an altar and several other items to get started. For many years, actually, all of my life… I have been drawn to nature, natural healing, and the idea that the very world that we live in is full of magic and mystical things. I have always felt a special connection to the forest, trees, water, the sun, and animals! I have never felt like I “fit in” with many other spiritual teachings or communities, and definitely did not fit in to traditional religious settings. Over the years, I have been drawn to Buddhism and Hinduism, and have dabbled and thought about Wicca. After much reading, getting to know the aspects of various spiritual paths, I am confident that I have found my home. I have never felt so drawn to or compelled and I take this as a sign that I am on the correct path. I am so excited to get started and become comfortable and familiar with the practice!

9 Likes

Merry meet and welcome @carrie4
I’m Marsha from Colorado. I’m so glad you joined us and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.
:heart:

6 Likes

hi Carrie4, Welcome to Spells8. For the last year this has been home for all of us, so welcome home.
Sip some tea, put up your feet & stay a while.
Learn some magic, make some friends and be safe with us.
Garnet

7 Likes

Welcome @carrie4 ! It’s nice to meet you. So glad you found your way here it’s a great place to be.

7 Likes

Hi @carrie4! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

So glad you found the courses and are getting a lot out of the information and that you fit in! That’s a relief I know. I want to make sure you know you’re invited to the Group Ritual this Thursday where we get together and have a cup of something to drink and do a little ritual. It’s a great way to get to know the coven.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to chatting with you more!

7 Likes

Welcome neighbor…I’m in Towson MD. I am drawn to much in the natural and indeed magickal world just like you!

8 Likes

Merry meet Carrie @carrie4,

Congrats on finishing your Self Initiation and welcome to the forum! :blush:

It sounds like you have many wonderful magickal talents and interests, and how cool that you have a background in Buddhism and Hinduism as well! I have a similar path, having lived at a Buddhist temple for a while. We aren’t alone either- there are many people here who draw on or come from various religious/spiritual backgrounds. It makes for a wonderfully diverse coven! :infinite_roots: :heart:

I’m glad you’ve been enjoying exploring the site so far- I know there is a *lot of content to peruse! Have you come across the Search Function and Tag System yet? They are both helpful tools for navigating to topics and discussions you are interested in :compass:

Please make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out in the Q&A Category with any questions you may have. You have many friendly fellow coven members happy to help! :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon. Blessed be, Carrie! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Merry Meet! I’m Siofra an Eclectic Witch here from Cape Cod. Congratulations on finishing your initiation :tada: & I hope that you are enjoying any other courses or topics that you may have come across so far.

I was raised Roman Catholic :latin_cross: & in my teens started practicing with a friend & then I moved & life happened. Roughly 20 years later I found my way to Spells8 :infinite_roots: & went through the Wicca self-initiation. As I was learning & looking into things, I found that my path leans more toward :triquetra: Celtic/Irish Paganism.

I work with Brighid :triskele: on just about a daily basis & when I am in the shadows, the Morrigan :triquetra: helps me find the light & guides me through with strength & awareness.

I also use Tarot cards, Oracle cards, Runes, & Dowsing. I use herbs for spells, simmer pots, incense, & if they are edible to cook with or make oils. I love astrology & crystals. I have taken Free Astrology Basics courses & I am taking courses to become a Certified Crystal Healer & Advanced Practitioner.

I love to read books about Paganism, Irish Paganism, Celtic Paganism, Druidry, Brighid, the Morrigan, Celtic Mythology, & I have a list a mile long that includes everything from self-care to palmistry. :joy: I love a physical book, but I do use Kindle & there are a lot of books through Kindle Unlimited (paid subscription) that are free & pertain to witchcraft/paganism. Also, sometimes the Kindle version is cheaper than the paperback too.

Everyone here is really friendly & helpful. So if you have any information that you want to share or any questions, feel free to jump in on an open topic or create your own! :hugs:

7 Likes

Hello @carrie4! Welcome to the coven!

8 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Questions from a beginner witch- please help!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.