New moon mala beads

So I have been trying new rituals for different moon phases. Since the new moon was helping me get my new beginnings on. I decided to make new moon mala beads. Just something to Aid meditation. It was actually very relaxing… I almost want to do this to celebrate other times as well.
Anyway here they are. ! By no means is it professional quality but it was nice activity to experience. (Side note:don’t you dare count to see if there are 108… There are not… Cuz I ran out of the beads I was using hahahhaa)

7 Likes

Those are beautiful and they look like they serve their purpose well. Thank you for sharing this :heart:

p.s. I fixed your image so that it shows up instead of asking us to download it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love my mala beads, they can help with concentration so much!

3 Likes

Your mala beads look beautiful, @sarah9! :prayer_beads::two_hearts: And is that Tiger’s Eye I see? :tiger: It’s clear this lovely piece was crafted with love- may it bring you many clear and soothing meditations! :blush:

2 Likes

Tigers eye and very dark amethyst as well. You cant see due to lighting in the picture. But blessed my hemp strings so that’s why I did not use a traditional tassel. I’m really working on being able to clear my mind. So I needed it to be important to me and something I actually felt connected to.
It also works as a fantastic grounding tool when scrying.
I really want to share pictures of my scrying mirrior but I’m very protective of that one. I will perhaps make a replica to share. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Your beads look great! Are you planning to make more?

I’m linking to the topic on Recommendations on mala beads from earlier this year:

3 Likes

So they are amazing. I use them as a grounding method. They are very very easy to make. I would be glad to put up some instructions if anyone wants to make their own. If you live in the U.s. due to shipping glad to make them for you free of charge. They really are quite magical. Staying grounded and centered during different practices.
I’m working on three other sets.
All to represent each moon phase. I have thought about using it as a celebration tool as well. While learning can be frustrating at first. You can really make works if art if you clear your mind and just let’s your hands do the work for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would love to make my own. I’d really appreciate seeing the instructions. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You did a beautiful job on them, I would be proud of them if I were you!! They were crafted by your hands, so they are more powerful and in tune to you. Blessed Be

2 Likes

I said I wanted to post a replica of the mirror so… Here it is. Just started it. !

It won’t be completed until the full moon tho.

4 Likes

If you’re willing to share, I would also love to learn how to make them! :heart_eyes:

And oohhhhhh your scrying mirror is so fancy! :eyes::sparkles: I can’t wait to see it when it’s complete! What a lovely project :two_hearts:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Hooray!!! Thank you, @sarah9! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love your instructions, and wow! Yes, it does sound like quite the labor of love that goes into these beads! But I suppose that projects that need a lot of time and love tend to yield the most powerful and meaningful results :prayer_beads::two_hearts:

2 Likes

@BryWisteria thank you for recommending this, I just downloaded the directions and it will give me something to work on, possibly with my daughter!

1 Like

You’re very welcome @krissie1171 :blush: Making mala beads together sounds like a wonderful activity for you and your daughter- enjoy! :prayer_beads:

1 Like

This will definitely be one of her art classes this year!

2 Likes