New spirit in our house?

A few weeks ago my mother-in-law passed away. She was 92 and had lived with us for about 8 years before moving away to live with another relative. She was very spiritually Christian.

Recently, my wife has been hearing noises in our house when there shouldn’t have been. I don’t think its an animal in the attic or on the roof. Assuming it may be my mother-in-law’s spirit or even if its unrelated, is there a recommended blessing or ritual to help the spirit continue on its way?

7 Likes

Here’s a ritual for a deceased loved one you should adapt to your current situation.

Make sure to burn some cleansing incense (lavender, sage, rosemary) and try to feel the energy to identify if it is your mother-in-law.

In case you haven’t said a prayer for her spirit to pass on, here are a couple options since you mentioned that she was very Christian:

Christian Prayer:

“May you rest in the arms of the Lord who formed you from the dust of the earth.
May holy Mary, the angels, and all the saints welcome you now that you have gone forth from this life.
May Christ who was crucified for you, bring you freedom and peace.
May Christ who died for you admit you into his garden of paradise.”

Pagan Prayer:

“Run the fields of Summerland
And frolic in the sun.
You’ve earned the right of freedom;
Your work on Earth is done.
Tho’ tears for you may fall like rain,
They are tears of joy mixed in with pain.
My love for you will never end.
Enjoy your time in Summerland, my faithful loving friend.”

8 Likes

Thanks so much Francisco for the prayers. adds both to my Book of Shadows

4 Likes

You’re welcome, may she rest in peace :candle:

3 Likes