New to everything

Hey everyone im new to the world of wiccan. Im looking forward to learning and meeting new people on my journey. Learning to practice by myself and finding a group of people to practice with also.

9 Likes

Welcome @william19! You are definitely in the right place. My name is Ailey, I’m a fellow Georgian too! How exciting to be on a new journey! I hope you do lots of reading, explore all the topics you can and ask lots of questions! Our coven has the best teachers! Cheers!

5 Likes

Hi @william19! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s nice to meet you! A great way to start here on the forum is with the Courses. They’ll get you pointed in the right direction for you to start learning on your own.

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

5 Likes

Thank you. Yea i wasnt able to find very much guidance locally. So i just started searching and reading as much as i can. Then i came across this site and was like yup im in the right spot. Its alot to take in and remember. I figure with the guidance and advice from the people on here i will be on my way.

6 Likes

@william19 absolutely! Everyone here is amazing! There is so much knowledge and experience! It’s amazing to see how everyone approaches ideas differently! Be sure to check k out the courses if you haven’t yet! Good stuff!

5 Likes

Im gonna check out the courses next. Im still a little lost on where to even start with a book of Shadows, or even what should be my first spell to do. So figured the course would lead me the right way.

5 Likes

A book of shadows is kind of like a spell book and journal combined. You can use it to keep spells that you like in it, list the dates you cast the spell, add your intentions, reflect on the process and/or outcome of your spells…. It’s kind of like how you interact with the spells you cast mixed with a personalized quick reference guide for yourself. The wonderful thing is that it’s yours and there isnt a right or wrong way to do it. It’s organic and kind of evolves and changes as you do! You can also journal about your beliefs and ideas, keep questions, book lists, etc. it’s totally up to you. I’m sure others will chime in too!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @william19

I am Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. I’m glad your path has led you here, and I’m looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

Merry meet @william19 and welcome to the forum! :blush:

It sounds like an online coven might be the perfect match for you- it’s got all the freedom of being a solitary witch, paired with the warmth, encouragement, and support network of a coven at your fingertips. I hope you’re able to find everything you are looking for and more here! :infinite_roots: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Please make yourself at home and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything- your coven is here and happy to help! Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Never knew an online coven was thing. Your right that probably wouldnt be a bad idea for me to find one of them. And thank you to everyone who has responded and given advice

5 Likes

Hi William, I’m undomeher from the eastern panhandle of WV. Welcome! I don’t know how many online covens there are, but I know this one is full of amazing people who are always willing to help guide folks in the craft. The courses are a great place to start. Other coven members can recommend books that can help, and there are also weekly challenges. It can be overwhelming, but remember to take it at your own pace. There are no time limits. I very much enjoy the people here, and Im sure you will, too!

6 Likes

Welcome @william19 to our Infinite Roots coven :infinite_roots: - I am happy to meet you!

You will fit in perfectly here and we are thankful for new perspectives and like minded practitioners who are seeking their path - the journey is lifelong and it’s a fun thing to be in the middle of so many people from the USA and around the world who are finding their truth in their own ways.

Again, welcome and merry meet! :brown_heart:

5 Likes

You’re very welcome, William! :blush:

And as for the online coven (apologies if I didn’t word it very clearly!) here in the forum we call our community the “Infinite Roots Coven” :infinite_roots: It is a fully-fledged online coven complete with our own Sacred Space, group rituals, and various activities. All these resources and the community are available to you to use as you please, so feel free to make yourself at home here! :heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.