New to this and excited to learn

Hi everyone, I am new to these beliefs and your community.
Throughout my life whenever asked about religion I always had the same answer.
I believe in mother nature and father time.
Until recently I never realized how close my personal beliefs were to the Wiccan beliefs. I am very excited to join and look forward to learning and growing as I start my journey with you all.

15 Likes

Welcome! Lots of good people here.

9 Likes

Thank you, I’m looking forward to meeting new people.

9 Likes

Welcome Elodie! I’m exactly the same way.

What was I doing before ending up here? Sounds kinda ridiculous but I was literally creating my own religion from scratch only to find my beliefs were very close to Wicca. I was writing down dogma and shaping a belief that I felt was truer to reality than the major religions today. Most all the large religions today seem to suit one person’s or a hierarchy’s agenda that benefit themselves above all others.

10 Likes

Well it’s nice to know I’m not the only one that has had those same thoughts and feelings on religion. Most people in my life are Christian or Catholic and have always tried to get me to believe what they believe. And I just could never get on board with the ideas that anyone person or creature is higher up than another. I do respect their beliefs at the same time though.

11 Likes

@Elodie hello and welcome. I’m crystal from Ohio. This is a great place to learn and grow. Hope to chat soon

8 Likes

Hi @Elodie! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Since you’ve recently picked up the books and stuff, try testing out of some of the tests in the Wicca Self-Initiation in our Courses. It’s a fun way to test your knowledge!

If you have any questions, about anything, just ask and someone will be along to help you out! I look forward to getting to know you!

4 Likes

Warm greetings @Elodie! :heart:

It’s an amazing feeling when things click into place- it sounds like you’ve been on your magickal path even before you knew it by name :blush:

I hope you’ve been enjoying the forum so far! It’s a wonderful place to explore different aspects of magick, learn and share new things, and chat with all types of magickal souls- Wiccans, Eclectic witches, and so many more! Please make yourself at home here :sparkles:

If you have any questions, feel free to create a new thread in the Q&A Category- you have many friendly fellow coven members happy to help!

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Welcome @Elodie! :wave:

I’m glad you found us! I agree with you and I believe Wicca is about empowering ourselves both individually and by lifting each other up so that no one is above anyone else.

Also, I like your name!

5 Likes

Welcome, i am Khadija and am also a baby witch. I am sure you will enjoy it here as there is so much useful information and lovely witches to help with any questions you have. I hope to see you around on the forums! :blush:

5 Likes

Welcome :relaxed:
I’m Christina and I’m from New York. Nice meeting you! I really like your name!!! If you ever need anything, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Blessed be :pray:

3 Likes