New Wiccan and eager

I’m new to the Wiccan family and I’m trying to learn spells and understand the ins and out. Remove false narratives from the Wiccan lifestyle

3 Likes

Welcome! You’ve come to a good place to learn. If you haven’t already, make sure you check out the lessons on Spells8.com and take advantage of all the resources here in the forum, too!

You can find the courses here and other meditations here!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, @donyeh!

That’s a very interesting request! Recently I’ve been reading the book “Drawing Down the Moon” by Margot Adler, which does just that: remove false narratives from many Wiccan ideas.

I think the main one is the “witch-cult hypothesis”. It is a now-discredited theory that places Wicca as a revival of an ancient pagan religion that had survived the Christianisation of Europe.

The hypothesis received its most prominent exposition when it was adopted by a British Egyptologist, Margaret Murray, who presented her version of it in her book The Witch-Cult in Western Europe (1921).

The witch-cult hypothesis greatly affected the origins of Wicca, when many authors claimed that it was the survival of the pagan witch-cult.

I really suggest you get Margot Adler’s book because it explains in very clear terms what Wicca and modern paganism is and is not.

4 Likes

I’m definitely a book lover I will look up her books immediately since We have nothing but time these days and thank you for the welcome

2 Likes

Merry Meet and Welcome to our little corner of the world. There are many classes you can take here to learn, this site is punch full of things to do…If you have any questions or need any help we are here! Blessed Be!

1 Like