New witch from NJ

Hey all, happy to be a part of this community! I’ve been considering joining for a while and just recently found a means of being able to, so I guess it was meant to be! :smile:

A little bit about myself, I’m a goofy and witty individual with a big heart. Travelling and finding new restaurants to eat in or new dishes to try is one of my most favorite and simplest joys. I absolutely love music and will most likely get distracted & start dancing without realizing it. Everything except most country music is on the table for me. I’m a complete sucker for red pandas and will one day be the “Florida Man” that just walks into an exhibit. (But I’m hoping for an invitation first.) Quite “nerdy” as well, gaming, anime, board/tabletop games, you name it, I probably have some familiarity with it.

As for finding the Craft, it all started with a tarot deck that I was gifted for my birthday last year. I had dabbled in divination by dice when I was younger, but at that time it was a fun little hobby without knowing there was a deep spiritual world behind it. I practiced with my tarot deck for months then earlier this year someone I was involved with suddenly stopped talking to me. Now if I had done something to warrant this I’d definitely own up to it, but we went from talking into the early morning on the phone to nothing. When I finally got a hold of them, they had decided things were moving too fast and dropped the relationship. Confused about the whole situation I consulted my cards on what I could do to move forward. By this time I had a second tarot deck and I cannot for the life of me remember why, but I decided to layer the second deck over the the cards from the first deck in the spread. I remember the Three of Wands looking as though it was travelling inwards so to google I went to learn about meditation because I knew the “traditional” meditation didn’t work for me. (I’m a Virgo and prone to overthinking, trying to quiet my mind and let thoughts pass without judgement is like telling a cat “Don’t do that” and then you hear glass break.)

Google search led to information about shadow self, which led to me looking into a therapist that practiced Jungian psychology, that turned into me reading about Jungian psychology (almost done), which brought me to the book The Invisible Partners by John Sanford, within which I discovered a description which resonated with me so deeply and that description pointed to being called upon by Aphrodite. I was told through the cards previously that I needed to work on balancing & honoring feminine energy as well as self love. So the synchronicity struck big time. Now I have a notebook filled with information on Aphrodite, some sacred geometry, geomancy by dice, spirit animals, and I’m really just learning all I can of whatever calls to me. I’ve really been interested in learning astrology as well. Speaking of calling, though I am open to all sorts of information I’m particularly interested in emotional healing, love in all its forms, and means of bolstering creativity. I’m looking forward to learning and growing with you all and sharing what I can!

P.S. Chose the name Gambit because of my favorite X-Men character, and the fact that I do tarot and geomancy using dice. :laughing:

6 Likes

Hiya @Gambit! What an awesome introduction :heart_eyes: I can see you fitting in sooo well here! Welcome to the forum! I can’t wait to hear more from you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Forum, Gambit! Great name choice! And thanks for sharing with us such an interesting introduction!

Aphrodite is all about love so be honest and loving of yourself. Ans She will bring you so much love and guidance to all areas of your life.

Feel free to ask any questions you have regarding Magic in the forum. Comment on any topic you like or create a new topic.

Here’s a list of lessons that you may be interested in browsing too!

3 Likes

Welcome @Gambit
I love your intro, good to have ya in this community. Cool Name too!!!

4 Likes

Merry Meet @Gambit! Cool introduction! And Gambit was one of my favorites too! I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

3 Likes

What a gorgeous introduction- it’s a pleasure to meet you, @Gambit! Your name suits you very well :heart_decoration:

Your journey into magick is fascinating! It’s tough to suddenly lose someone close to you, but I’m glad you got your answers in the end. And if it lead you to where you are now then perhaps the tough situation really did have a silver lining :grinning:

And you’re a fellow book lover- hooray! We are just starting up a Spells8 Book Club, and you are very invited to join if it’s something you are interested in. There is also a weekly group ritual (today!) and ongoing challenge that I welcome you to, as well :raised_hands:

You sound like a really awesome person with so many fun interests- I am really excited to talk with you more soon! Merry meet and blessed be, Gambit! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes