New Witch,Tarot,Empath

Hello everyone, blessed be.
My name is Lyn and I’m still fairly new at the craft, still having some trouble learning tarot, but I’m working on it with everything I’ve got.
I’ve gotten a couple of books, countless amount of information online, and a community on FB.
If anyone has any feedback about the books I’m currently reading,good or bad, please let me know!!
I have “The Modern Witchcraft Spellbook” by Skye Alexander and “Psychic Witch” by Mat Auryn.

I’ve begun using Oracle cards lately because my intuition just seems much more in sync with them right now, I have my own herb/flower garden where I harvest my own plants like calendula, rose, hibiscus, mint, lavender, rosemary, thyme, catnip, and some more I can’t think of. I collect crystals of course and since I live in Arkansas, there are literally quartz crystals EVERYWHERE LOL. Most of mine I have found in my own front yard!!
I have seriously been needing some help with a situation…I have a friend who is also a witch but she hasn’t had the time to really assist me. There is an entity in my home. I believe (because my friend can also see and feel things I can’t) that it has latched onto my husband. He has been extremely stressed out the last few months, I know that’s why something would. This thing has fully shown itself to him and my 4 year old son. Some type of animal, evil creature is what they said. I saw it scurry past as I came out of my bedroom one day and my mom saw my son’s easel move on it’s own. Now I am not one to get scared easily when it comes to spirits, etc, but whatever this thing is, it is very powerful for one, I feel how negative it is and the intent to harm especially my children. I did a protection spell then just a simple banishing spell…it may as well have laughed at me doing the banishing and cleansing my home with sage and everything I could think of. I’m not sure where to start now. Help anyone?
I am very happy to be in this amazing community!

8 Likes

Welcome and dang I’m sorry about your spirit/entity situation. I’m in the same boat but mine isn’t harmful. If you’d like it removed, I’d suggest cleansing your home and anyone living there. You could do that in a few different ways. A salt bath, smoke cleanse with cleansing herbs like Palo, sage, lavender etc. Then do a floor salt cleanse, where you pour salt on the floors. Start sweeping from the back of your home to the front ( someone correct me if I’m wrong with the direction of sweeping).
Then maybe place black tourmaline (for protection) in each of the four corners of the home and a clear quartz in/near the middle to amplify. That’s called warding.
If you need any help or if this is all confusing, let me know. Or maybe someone else could suggest something else.
May you be well!
Blessed be :pray:

7 Likes

Thank you very much. I’ve tried smoke cleanses with sage and Palo Santo, salt sweep, black tourmaline and other protection crystals. You gave me a couple of ideas that might help. I truly appreciate it.
Like I said in my post, I’m not one to get easily scared in this situation… I’ve dealt with spirits/entities/whatever they may be my entire life. Spirits seem to just be drawn to me. Almost always I can tell it’s not evil or negative and I help them if I can. I’ve had a mischievous little boy a few months ago that kept stealing my stuff and I would look for days and then one day it would just be sitting in the middle of the table or in the floor in plain view… he’s still here. My friend told me that he had been upset because where he stays (the top of the closet in my son’s playroom) was cluttered and he had no room. I told him if he stopped taking things and playing tricks that I would clean out the closet and let him stay. I cleaned it out and even left a little toy for him and I hardly ever even sense his presence at all. I’m worried because I’ve tried to use my tarot and my pendulum (which this thing takes it over anytime I try to use it) and has told me that it means harm to my children and refuses to leave…
I haven’t tried calling for help from a goddess or deity or angel because I’m really pretty new to that and not sure who to ask for help yet. It’s just frustrating. It has calmed down a lot but I still feel it here. And I want this thing out of my home and away from my children.

6 Likes

Well if it means harm, then he’s got to go!!! Especially when you have kid/s. But, if you’ve been around spirits your whole life, then I believe that you’re an empath. I am. It a blessing and a curse! I have a playful little girl in my home and a mean shadow man. As well as many others I’ve seen come and go. But I’m sure others may have more suggestions for you on the subject of ridding unwanted spirits.

This one is pretty cool because I’ve done it and it’s like you’ve gotta experience it for yourself to understand.

4 Likes

I think I’ve got the same Modern Witchcraft Spellbook, I’ve definitely got one by Skye Alexander. At the office at the moment, I’ll check when I get home :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just had a quick read through everything that’s going on and that does sound a bit scary! You say it’s attached itself to your husband and you’ve cleansed your home and space – but have you cleansed your husband? If it is directly tied to him, cleansing your home may not do anything because it isn’t tied to your home. It sounds like your husband needs a good cleansing and, in this case, I would recommend a heavy detox cleansing bath. Use herbs and ingredients that correspond with cleansing for you to help break that attachment. At the same time he’s doing the bath, having cleansing herbs or other cleansing methods going in your home at the same time. As soon as the attachment breaks and the entity leaves, protect your home and family and put up some wards. Those would be my recommendations.

6 Likes

Thank you. I definitely appreciate the help. Now all I have to do is get my husband to take an herb bath…he will barely let me want smoke around him. He’s not very happy with my witchy ways. He thinks something is evil or just wrong with being a witch, so getting him to do anything might be hard. But I will definitely try!!!

5 Likes

This is the book I have, not sure if it’s the same one you have…

7 Likes

Hi @MyLyn! Welcome to the forum!

Just a quick question, when you smoke cleansed your home did you leave a window or a door open? Because otherwise, the spirit wouldn’t have been able to get out. Just a thought.

Here’s another idea, music. I listen to Woke Nation a lot on YouTube, they share music that’s serene and has a frequency that cleanses you and your space. Here is one of the latest ones.

I hope this helps you out.

5 Likes

Well I ended it by going out the front door, but didn’t leave anything open. And the music is definitely a good thing to know. When I first started doing cleansings, I understood the part about getting rid of the negative energy but I didn’t realize at first that it also leaves a void that needs to be replaced with positive energy. I usually do that by listening to my favorite music and dancing. Lol.

5 Likes

Maybe if you leave the door open it will help? Can’t hurt to try. Good luck!

4 Likes

It definitely can’t hurt. I’ll try that next time. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

5 Likes

@christina4 I almost feel like witch balls (the type that are similar to spell jar) might work. You hang them like sun catchers in windows that face north, south, east and west) I believe I read that hanging them in windows facing the 4 cardinal directions was supposed to protect the home. But I could be wrong. I have researched wayyyyy too many methods on warding and protection due to my living arrangements

5 Likes

I have researched so many things too. But this does give me something to look at. Thank you so much!!

4 Likes

Merry meet @MyLyn I’m Phoenix from Alabama and it’s very nice to meet you. I do not have much experience with dealing with entities as I’m still a young witch myself however I have done TONS of research on warding and protecting my home because I, too, am an empath. My husband is gifted in the fact that he can see entities but I can only feel their energy and such. It’s helpful that my husband can see them because it helps me to visualize them should I ever NEED to take action against them. Luckily it hasn’t come to that yet BUT I did have a pretty weird situation occur last night that I’m unsure of exactly what was happening so I’m waiting to see if it may have been an isolated occurrence from a passer by or if something has arrived that I may need to look into. My husband was not home last night for me to have him look into it or I’d already have a jump on it.

There are plenty of good cleansing bath rituals you could do but you mentioned that he would be reluctant due to his beliefs (I went through that with my husband when I first got started too. Luckily mine cooperated with me when I phrased it in a way that said it would make me feel more comfortable if he would just go along with the bath idea because even if he didn’t agree with the magical aspect it’s still just a bath lol) but if he is reluctant and not approving of your craft for any reason I feel as though that is your biggest issue even possibly bigger than the entity itself. You really shouldn’t cast anything concerning another person without their consent and given the entity is likely attached to him without his consent I worry that there may not be too many options to use. Maybe if he won’t agree to do the cleansing bath perhaps maybe kitchen magic? Cook one of his favorite meals and include herbs that have properties for cleansing/protection and if you decide not to get his consent and try anyway you could simply say you were trying something different with it if anything affected the taste and was mentioned. I don’t know for sure that kitchen magic would work in this situation but it seems like it would be worth a shot (should anyone have an opinion on this I’d love it if you shared because it because I’m a curious little witch and it’ll save me from researching the topic later on)

As far as warding and protection for your home though…

You could hang a piece of aloe vera above the main entry of your home as aloe vera has protective properties in addition to it’s many other wonderful uses (you can learn about it on the spells8 course on aloe however at the moment I can’t seem to find a link to share in reference to it🤦🏼‍♀️ pregnancy brain)

Here are a few others I have found and use in combination with each other that seem to be working (when it comes to protection I feel very strongly about never having enough so I worried about whether some of these would be enough to help or even if they would legitimately work at all because I found them via Pinterest and couldn’t know if they were tried and true methods so I combined a few just to be on the safe side :woman_shrugging:t3::rofl:)

4 corners protection
Witch burrs aka sweet gum balls
Witch balls

Additionally should you be desperate enough to go the route of not having consent perhaps you could buy him some sort of gift or use something he already carries with him anyway and after cleansing with whatever method you may use create a protection amulet for him to carry. I would also probably do the same for my children if it were me (my daughter has one I make her carry on her always and I made it with a ring that I gave her so she’d be more likely to wear it always) I’m not sure if you are really supposed to have consent from children but since they are YOUR children I assume it would be fine. I didn’t ask my daughter but she’s mine and I decided for her lol

Protection amulet spell

I even made a few jar spell types of amulets that I gift my friends and family members should I feel the need. However I modified a spell that I found when I first got started (that was 6 months or so ago and I have no idea where I found it as I have many different places I get my information so I can’t reference the one I used as the base of my spell) but it has cumin, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, black salt, Angelica root, eggshell powder and a hematite chip in it and then I wrote a protection sigil on my spell paper at the top. Make sure to cleanse your jar with sage smoke before you put anything in it and I always place my salt in it first to protect the jar from any negative energy that may try to get in it after I cleanse it (if I didn’t happen to have space to cast my circle before hand) Light a white candle beside the jar that holds your herbs (I lit mine before placing my herbs in the jar to be thorough) I said the spell 3 times and closed it with “so mote it be” and rolled it up and placed it inside my jar. I let the candle burn next to the jar until I felt that the spell was done and snuffed it out as I reuse my candles when I am running low then sealed the jar with the wax. Then I hand painted the same protection sigil I used on my spell scroll on glass (you could also carve it in the wax on top of the jar if you prefer but I only suggest that if you didn’t use a jar with a cork lid) the picture below is what it looked like. I used various size jars and I used some that had attachments for jewelry or key rings and some that didn’t to carry in purses cars or pockets even.

Sorry I don’t have more ideas on removing said entity but that’s not something I’ve begun working on. I hope you are able to find something that helps and I will add you to my prayers and light a candle for you as well. Blessed be.

5 Likes

@phoenix_dawn Thank you so much for all the great ideas. While my husband does not like me doing witchcraft, he asks for my help when he needs healing…but I would make sure he was aware of what I was doing because I believe that you shouldn’t do magic on anyone without their consent, except for my children like you said.

4 Likes

Regarding the energy or entity in your home…my husband and I have the same kind of gifts I suppose. He can see whatever is hanging around us, but I only sense it. But I do sense positive or negative energy… can you tell if it’s more positive or negative or is it just kind of there?

4 Likes

I have a different one but looks like this one… Have you found the book to be helpful?

4 Likes

@MyLyn at the moment we aren’t having an issue with entities so to speak but both of our mothers are extremely toxic people and unfortunately the two of us aren’t able to live together for now so I’m more or less trying to protect myself and my space from negative energies. As for the situation I experienced last night I’m not quite sure of what it’s intentions are yet. Right now I think it’s (possible that “it” has buddies it’s brought along) still trying to get through my wards but I think it might possibly be getting close. What I do know as that once it’s nightfall that’s when I sense it. Last night I became gripped with a tightness in my chest and got thrown into multiple anxiety attacks (I am under a lot of stress at the moment though which is making it EXTREMELY difficult to tell what’s causing this and I’m pregnant on top of that so I think baby’s energies are mixing with mine as well) and for the first time in my entire life I was afraid of the dark. Im pretty sure it’s still unable to get through the wards but I had the feeling that I was being watched last night through 2 windows directly across from each other and it was as if their “gaze” was so strong that I visualized it as if they were beams of light or something that were touching me while I sat on my couch between the windows as if I were a link connecting the 2 gazes. I kept seeing movement in my peripheral vision on both sides and around the front door and could see what looked like heat waves seeping in around the door and through the frame of the window but nothing physically and when I would turn away from it I kept getting flashes in my head of a snake moving as if the “heat waves” were snakes. I also seen the same “waves” out in the yard and there were quite few but while looking at the ones in the yard I thought I seen something kinda hairy run up to the front door but when I opened the Door to look there was nothing. IF my wards are still working they may actually be getting close to failing. So far tonight I’ve not seen anything moving but that tightness in my chest just came back so we shall see. I’ve just lit a couple of candles and I am literally about go into meditation so wish me luck.

I’ll make a post here in a bit that completely describes the experience because what I just told you about is not even close to the whole thing but I desperately need to meditate right now

5 Likes

That definitely sounds very negative to me if it sent you into a full blown panic attack. Yes, meditate, do whatever you need to do to get in the correct frame of mind to handle this. Redo your wardings, put up extra or even a stronger protection spell around your home. It seems like something quite nasty is trying to work it’s way in…I sincerely hope you are able to keep all negativity out. Blessed be❤️

4 Likes