1 ½ cups orange marmalade

Chocolate Ganache:

1 cup whipping cream
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

Toppings:

Edible gold glitter
Sprinkles
Dragées
Miniature champagne glasses (for decoration only)

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cocoa and 2 cups boiling water in a large heatproof bowl, stirring until blended and smooth; cool completely. Beat butter with a mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Combine flour and the next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with cocoa mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate extract.

Step 2

Place paper baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely.

Step 3

Fill each cupcake with orange marmalade. To fill cupcakes, insert the end of a wooden spoon or dowel into the center of the cupcake to make a hole. Fill a zip-top plastic freezer bag with filling or frosting. Use scissors or kitchen shears to snip about 1/4 inch from one corner of the bag; insert the bag into the hole in the cupcake. Squeeze gently until the filling comes to the top of each cupcake.

Step 4

To prepare ganache, cook cream in a heavy nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, just until it begins to steam (do not boil); remove from heat. Place chocolate in a glass bowl. Slowly add hot cream to the chocolate, beating with a whisk until the chocolate melts and the mixture is well blended. The mixture will thicken as it cools. Makes about 2 cups.

Step 5

Frost each cupcake with Chocolate Ganache. Top each with glitter stars, dragées, and champagne glasses.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

7 Likes

They look so good Amethyst :hugs: Yummm!

3 Likes

Godd…my mouth is already watering @Amethyst !! :drooling_face: :moon_cake: (that emoji’s not a cupcake though! :yum:)

2 Likes

Did you see the picture of them? Too pretty to eat!

Hee! Glad I could make you drool!

4 Likes

Image Credit

@Amethyst

I was intrigued by this image. I love the little champagne glasses and I am wondering where you get those. I would like to find edible ones! Anyway, something to explore :thinking: These would be so fun for a party, but I think I’ll save this recipe for our anniversary! :clinking_glasses: We have beautiful Waterford Crystal Champagne Chutes from our time in Ireland.

Love :heart:

P.S. I’ll let you know if I find edible glass decorations!

4 Likes

I would assume you could find them at cake decorating stores or maybe wedding supplies stores. Thanks for posting the picture! I hope they work for your anniversary!

4 Likes