Newbie here for guidance!

Hi everyone!

My name is Miranda, and I’m 22, living in the U.K. I’ve just started on my journey and I just wanna say hi to the community :blush:

I’m really keen to start practicing, but I’m not sure where to start? If anybody has any very beginner friendly tips, I’d really appreciate some guidance!

Blessed be :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi Miranda :slight_smile:

My advice would be to read a lot and see what resonates with you - and to take notes! I personally really liked Scott Cunningham’s book “Wicca - A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner”, because it gives a great overview of both theory and practice. I believe you can find the PDF online!

Blessed Be :star2:

3 Likes

Hi Miranda! Welcome to the Forum!! :wave:

My advice would be to take some time to practice meditating first. Learning to silence your mind and focus your energy is extremely important to the work you’ll do. I personally suggest you practice on visualization as well because it can be a very powerful thing.

I suggest you follow this audio guided meditation course :person_in_lotus_position:

Ultimately, your intention is what matters. :raised_hands: If you don’t have everything you need for a spell, you can always look for or write a different spell, but if you have to, you can always substitute.

It is completely possible to practice witchcraft without any tools, but your tools and ingredients carry deep symbolism and meaning so they will be your “training wheels” as a beginner. As you progress in your path, symbolism will come down to its personal meaning to you.

There are many types of witches and witchcraft, don’t feel like you need to label yourself right away.

Practice candle safety! :candle:

Go through this list of lessons and you’ll find most beginner things are covered there!

As @christine4 mentioned, books will be your best friends :books:! I personally also recommend “Drawing Down the Moon” by Margot Adler :+1:

Feel fre to use the forum to ask any questions or share any topics you are learning. Many blessings!! :pray:

4 Likes

Merry Meet and Welcome! You have come to the right place to learn! I would start with the courses here, and then get some books if possible, and just ask questions. We are here for you! Blessed Be!

2 Likes

Thank you all so much for the welcome and the suggestions! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Greetings and salutations!
I haven’t been here long myself. But everyone has been kind and welcoming. There are such wonderful resources and knowledgeable tidbits. I read the forums and emails. Perused lessons and completed.
My best advice, is to be like a sponge. Read, listen, discover, and soak it all up like a sponge. This is a beautiful and wonderful path, at least for myself.
Enjoy!
Blessed be!

3 Likes