Nice to meet you all! (Intro)

Merry meet!:two_hearts:
It is very nice to meet you! I’m Sara, 24, from the Saint Charles, Missouri area! Growing up I had an influence toward the craft from my father, be it burning incenses, and learning different pantheons or smaller things like grounding exercises with our bare feet in the dirt :relieved:. I had fallen out of it for a long while after I turned 17, but I picked it up again last summer, feeling a need to reconnect. I lean more toward the Green Witch aspect, blending it with my knowledge of medicinal plants, but I kind of do a little bit of everything. I can’t wait to converse with, and learn from you all!

14 Likes

Hello and a very warm welcome from Perth, Australia.

So happy to have you here. You’ve certainly come to the right place. This coven is amazing. The people that you will meet are even more amazing still.

Look forward to getting to know you and learing from you too :blush:

Jess

11 Likes

Hello from Istanbul, Turkey :slight_smile: Welcome to the forum, Sara :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This forum is great and the community is just awesome! You’re gonna love it here :heart:

10 Likes

Welcome :relaxed:
I’m Christina and I’m from New York.
Have you seen our courses yet?

And every Thursday, we have a tea time.
https://forum.spells8.com/t/group-ritual-oct-28-halloween-witches-brew/15635?u=christina4
Hope to see you around the forum
Blessed be :pray:

9 Likes

Hi, I’m Siofra from Cape Cod! I was around 18 when I went away from my practice completely for about 20 years. Life & children happened & when 2 out of 3 got older, I found my way back last year. I’m an Eclectic Witch & draw from different systems to form my own practice. I’m learning about Celtic & Irish Paganism & I’m learning about the Morrigan. I do have a space in my room for Brigid, she has her own little altar on my wall.

A great place to start here is Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Oct 25 :jack_o_lantern: for the happenings in & around the forum each week. Monday a new one will be posted.

Feel free to jump in on any topic or start your own. If you have questions feel free to ask & someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Everyone here is very friendly & supportive. :two_hearts: :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Hi @Velle! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

We’re glad to have you here! If you want you can jump in on the activities. We’ve got this one going for Samhain that would probably be easy for you to do and it’s a great way to learn and have fun.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to chatting with you!

7 Likes

@Velle hello and welcome. I’m crystal from Ohio. Hope to chat soon

8 Likes

@Velle ~ Hello and welcome! I’m glad you’re here!! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Welcome Miss Velle. So glad you were able to join us. This is a very loving and accepting site. It sounds like you have magick in your blood.
I find that the power comes from you, you’re born with it. May it and you grow.

5 Likes

Merry meet @Velle! :blush:

Welcome to the forum- I’m glad you found your way here! We’re a bunch of friendly witchy souls from all over the world, and are always happy to chat about magick. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out! :blush:

As a fellow Green Witch, I recommend the Herbal Magick Course on Spells8- it’s a great resource!

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :green_heart:

6 Likes

Thank all of you for the warm welcome! :two_hearts: I love the sense of belonging that I immediately felt :hugs:

@christina4 I saw the tea time post, and I am so excited !!:eyes:

@Siofra Ooh! I love the Celtic and Irish circles! I had read up on some of it, but I definitely need to dive deeper into their pantheon and practice systems. My dad follows the Norse pantheon, and I’ve stuck more with Greek because it’s what I know best.

@TheTravelWitch I actually printed all of the Green Witch grimoires pages already and then found I have to upsize my BoS a bit :joy: I will give the video lesson a watch! Thank you!

After peeking around the forum, I can already tell this is a great place to be. I’ve tried reddit, but there’s so much judgement there :’) and there aren’t very many ways to communicate with others in our practice, so I am thankful to have found this place :two_hearts: especially when I can’t really open up about my beliefs with others.

5 Likes

@Velle I have friends that are leaning toward Norse, I believe @Rowan does too!

I lean heavily towards Celtic & Irish. I honor Brigid mostly but have been learning about the Morrigan. I’m not leaving Brigid, but I am doing a lot of Gratitude & Honoring things for Her. I have a shelf in my room dedicated to Her right now & set up my altar for Her during my daily routine things. I will ask for Her permission to honor the Morrigan after I learn more about Her & let Her know that I don’t foresee it being a permanent move. They are both Celtic Triple Goddesses, so I hope that makes the transition a little easier. (I hope that makes sense to you too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

The Holistic Witch & DIY Witch Apothecary courses may not be bad ones to look into either. There is a lot of information there & we have the printables for the Herb Substitutions & Properties too.

6 Likes

@Siofra I actually have a page I made for my BoS about Brigid from when I was still searching for my Patron and Matron!(looking back, I was REALLY overthinking that whole idea rather than looking at the deities I felt most connected to haha!) Cerrunuos as well! I ended up selecting Pan and Selene after a few weeks of mulling it over. Selene really stuck to me. One of her correspondences is medicine, but the thing that stuck out to me was her Epithet. Phoebe or “Bright Moon”. It hit me like a brick. I named my daughter Phoebe! So that whole correlation solidified it for me. Following off of that, I had learned that Pan actually has a little bit of lore with Selene! So they seemed a natural choice for the Horned God/Moon Goddess archetype!

LMAO sorry for the book!!

Yes, I understand! (Selene, Artemis, and Hekate are the Greek Triple Goddess aspects!)I know Brigid is the Maiden aspect, but Morrigan and Cerridwen I get confused :sweat_smile: I can never remember which one is Mother and which one is Crone! Going off of that though, and that Morrigan is another “phase” or “stage” so to speak, I don’t think there would be a problem solely going by book knowledge.

Ooh I’ll look at those as well! Thank you!

7 Likes

Welcome to Infinite Roots Coven Velle :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Perfect- glad you found them (and liked them)! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And haha I know the feeling- I switched to having a digital BoS and Journal a while back and have been really enjoying it so far! It makes it so easy to add/update/reorganize new content. And with herbs I feel like there’s always more notes to make! :seedling: :grinning:

7 Likes

Funny you should say this because I have what’s in my BOS on my computer in PDF & JPG files. I was thinking of really downsizing on the physical BOS & organizing the files into folders set up like my BOS. I had started doing it on Pinterest when my Witchy Stuffs board got overwhelming. :joy:

I agree about the herbs & crystals are the same way too :rofl:

6 Likes