Once I start I can stop

Hi, so I have been buying so many amazing things lately from books to altar items and so on… It is not putting a hole in my pocket because I always look for a bargain unless it is one of a kind but man it is addictive and it is like I only see through my witch lenses now lol… Anyone have the same experience now or when they first started?

16 Likes

I think that happens a lot, and what happens is that you’ll find you don’t use a lot of those things. I bought a chalice but I end up using my coffee mug more. LOL. Still, it looks pretty on the shelf.

10 Likes

Haha that is similar most things… I also have a never ending perfume collection and only use them when going out so I have to switch between uses so I think they will be there for some time :blush:

10 Likes

Ab…so…lutely!! I have actually put myself on a witch budget to restrain myself. And where I can, I like to fashion some things myself.

But I have some new items arriving today :wink::grin:

11 Likes

Lol I totally get it. I recently came into a little bit of $ unexpectedly. After I paid off debt, I haven’t been able to stop buying herbs! And YES to that “witch lens”!

12 Likes

@Undomeher it is the same for me I think I have like 14 books coming and a few other items… its like Christmas all the time with all the packages that come :blush:

10 Likes

For me it is the same I was worried I was over doing it but since I am new I obviously didn’t have much… There are so many cute things to choose from…. I have done my herb and oil shopping a little while back, I currently have a new wand coming, a mini altar table to go in the centre of my big altar the elevates some spell things such as candles and and a cute small black cat statue with thought puppy dog eyes with a witch hat… it was too irresistible to not buy

10 Likes

Funny you mention that, cause I’ve spent so much on little bits and bobs already to fill my new space and new altar. I can spend hours looking up things on Etsy and Amazon as well as some local stores to find what I really want - but I really like custom hand-made items instead of mass produced items (this adds to the cost!).

I am trying to keep my altar space clean though, so we will see what happens once the room is finally finished and setup. Have essentials only, but I know what will happen when I start collecting herbs, oils and so forth that will be used more sparingly! I’ll need to build myself a little apothecary and get cute little bottles and containers to fill that space!

Hey, books are useful! Even before deciding to commit to Withcraft I have so many now that I am reading on the occult and range of other interesting non-fiction books relating closely to who I am! Never wrong to buy books for your own knowledge. You should see my Amazon wish list for all the more books I want. When family members ask what I want for my birthday or Christmas, I point to that list and nowhere else (I’ve already read some 20 odd books and have another 76 on that list; ranging from psychedelics, gospels, religion, magick such as Golden Dawn, witches ointment research, herbalism, freemasonry, shadow work, shamanism, and more)!

Tem

8 Likes

I admit it…I love buying stuff. :laughing: I’m a book lover and everything witchy and artsy. My newest favorite shopping place for books is Thrift Books online, so I don’t feel guilty purchasing from them.

7 Likes

Yes hand made items are always more special and i was so inspired by your wand as soon as i seen it i felt as if it i found what i was look for so i one on Esty and found one very similar… As for book i feel the same that it is never a waste when it come to upgrading our knowledge… I had heaps on books on my waiting list too but i decided to buy them all as at the moment as soon as i and near finishing a book i order another and under the current post strain due to Covid a month later ill get it so i sit here twiddling my thumbs (no really i go online but it is not the same)…

6 Likes

I buy from Booktopia here in Australia as it is cheap but i also sometimes buy from a online shop called The Nile or Zookal… I Absolutely love books and cant get enough! There is something about them including the smell and the content but not to mention my favour thing about book the privacy (i have 4 kids and a husband who live off of my very presence so that in a way is like my ‘me’ time)…

5 Likes

Yeah my wand is from Etsy. I bought it off a couple on the Gold Coast Australia. They make loads of custom type wands, altar items and other walking sticks etc.

I asked if they could make me an altar table custom but that don’t do that type of thing.

I want to get a couple custom statues though.

Tem

5 Likes

Oh i must have brought it from the same place then as i saw they make very beautiful other pieces… The other piece which have galaxy designs are also stunning

5 Likes

Yup I felt like I needed to have all the things right now when I started just over 6 months ago. I have calmed down a lot since then.

5 Likes

Yes maybe it is my initial months that’s why i cannot stop! There is too many amazing things out there to add too my altar and i guess it is like spoiling myself and since the kids know not to go on my altar i can have the things all to myself for a change…

5 Likes

Yes @TheMuslimWitch, the number of things to buy are truly endless. I think I’m the least prolific shopper of books and witch items in this thread so far. I haven’t spent too much at all. I also haven’t actually bought any books so far. All my knowledge of Wicca and witchcraft have come from the web, especially Spell8. Great job Francisco :slight_smile:! You’ve amassed a great amount of knowledge here.

As far as shopping goes, I’ve bought a few items from Etsy - a willow branch I’ve carved my wand out of, cauldrons, charcoal and a few other things. All my candles have come from the dollar store. Couldn’t find silver or gold pillar candles so I improvised and spray painted them, lol. They look really good actually. A really good place I’ve found to buy inexpensive things are Goodwill stores. They’re like prospecting. Most of the time nothing although sometimes you get a gem.

6 Likes

I also love a good bargain… I haven’t seen any gold or silver candles around so I brought white dining table candles to fit in the holders and use them for special rituals other wise I use tea light candles on a daily basis…

5 Likes

I am with you on this lol. I do buy Amazon kindle each month and there is a ton of free downloads, worth $12 a month.
Everything else has come from the dollar store, thrift store, people’s yard or in nature. I did just buy journals and a tapestry but otherwise nothing. This site is truly amazing not just for the lessons but for the kind and knowledgeable people on the forum. I’m thinking about using rose branches as I’m typing this to make a pentacle to hang up.

Everyone is so different and creative in their own way.

7 Likes

I made my own pentacle but in a dream catcher forum from some twigs borrowed outside my yard and the fake flowers and ribbon from my own sewing box… I too love this site it has sooo much knowledge and i am glad to be able to connect with other witches… As for kindle, i do have a electronic book, however to me nothing beats the smell of a new book so when i can i do buy new books but in some cases such as when i was going on holiday i did use the ebook…

8 Likes