One of those days - New appliances and Home Depot

Our refrigerator started making strange noises., my dishwasher croaked and my washer started leaking . (Sounds like me in the morning).
Bought new ref. came, was damaged, sent in back. In the mean time bought one of those college room ref. it works.’
Brought another ref…damaged, send back.
Bought new dishwasher, ran once then never again, defective, re-turned. New one ordered.
Bought new W&D actually a full sized washer with a full sized dryer on top. Delivery men said they couldn’t hook it up, policy was a plumber had to do it. Left it by back door. I told him I was done and I would send laundry out!
Rich and I tried to move the SOB with a rented dolly into the shed…it didn’t fit. Rich took the dryer off and asked the guy who mows our lawn to help and they got them both in shed and back together.
Did you know that older houses in Florida you have to go outdoors to do laundry? Well, it’s in a stand alone building near the back door. But when I have to leave the house and go to a shed…that’s out doors.
Forgive my outburst.
In the meantime a local man hauled away the old appliances so they were gone.
PLUMBER CAME! Washer and dryer hooked up! I’m in business again. Now all I need is my dishwasher and Ref. delivered, undamaged and working.
But I’m still smiling. Life’s too short to worry about the small stuff.
So I’m gonna make chocolate chip cookies. Right now.
Garnet Blessed by Cookies.

8 Likes

Wow. Same boat though not all the appliances.

Front loader LG washing machine started making noises. Sounds like the pump.

Its 7 years old so out of warranty.

Call for service, they want 165$ call out then 165$ per part. I said no way. May as well almost buy a new one at that price.

Went to stores. No machines that suit are in stock anywhere in Victoria. Logistics due to covid still going on with shipping.

Found the pumps online and can pick-up locally for $45. Watched YouTube on a DIY how to replace the drain pump.

Pulling it apart today to give it a good clean in case its just built up soot. Will get a new pump if not as its on the way out.

Gonna make this machine last another 10 years.

Funny thing is all the new machines are exactly the same. Same design same parts.just new “programs” and new “AI” and phone apps to connect to your washing, lol

Tem

6 Likes

I’m glad you’re still smiling @Garnet! That would be enough to make me pull my hair out and cry!

Good luck making your washer work @Temujin_Calidius!

6 Likes

@Garnet sounds like a rough day hon. Glad your still smiling :slightly_smiling_face:. But I hope you have a nice plate of those cookies and rest for a bit.

5 Likes

@Temujin_Calidius hope you get it fixed. Good luck

5 Likes

No cookies for me…Eclair Cake, that was um-um-good

5 Likes

@Garnet yum lol that sounds great

5 Likes

Ooh, cookies!!! I’ll be right over!! :cookie: :relaxed:

5 Likes

@Garnet I’m sorry you had to go through that, but I’m happy that you’re still smiling.

It seems every January at least 1 most likely more than 1 house-related thing needs to be fixed or replaced. In years past its’ been the septic system, 2 stoves, 3 dryers, 1 washer, 2 water heaters, 2 dishwashers, 1 furnace, the roof/gutters… seriously; EVERY. JANUARY. I completely understand your day & feelings. They are valid, but I’m happy that you manage to see the Sunshine too. :sun:

4 Likes

Refrigerator being delivered today…fingers crossed!
Much hope for dishwasher being here ? 12/07.
I’m a very patient person but I think Home Depot is getting
on my last nerve.
Garnet

5 Likes

Good luck with the fridge @Garnet! Hopefully, all with go well and you’ll be all set for the holidays!

5 Likes

Refrigerator returned water line broken. They said we could call company, get waterline and put it on ourselves. BULL manure.
I not only refused it, I demanded a full refund. Rich went right to Home depot and did the same. They did refund.
We went to Lowe’s and found a $4000 LG Refrigerator that makes round ice cubes and crushed ice. When I stopped laughing (really!) I asked her about it. It was marked down to $2700 but they didn’t have any. Rich said what about the demo model. She said it had damage and he persisted. There was a scratch on the door. She eventually said yes and charged $2100. I tapped my chin and said "Let me think…YES!
Not only did I get a phenomenal price but they delivered it the next day.
I can only hope H.D. delivers a new, undamaged and working dishwasher.
OK, done crabbing.
Sigh’
Garnet

4 Likes

That sounds like a win-win situation, good for you, Garnet! :grinning: :+1: Enjoy your fancy new fridge and I hope you can get the dishwater sorted out soon too. Good luck! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

WOW. I’m so sorry you had to go through all that, but man, you got a deal! Now to get your dishwasher and you’ll be all set!

4 Likes

Such is life, if all that happens is a little irritation about appliances, I count myself as lucky.
Bright Blessings to All
Garnet

3 Likes

Still, that would be nerve-wracking. Hope your dishwasher got there okay!

3 Likes

Blessed by cookies! that made me giggle :slight_smile: I hope it all worked out!

4 Likes