Only New on My Path

Hello everyone,

My name is Jessica. I am in my early 30’s and I am from Perth, Australia.
I am just now starting on my path.
This is my first time being part of something truly bigger than myself. I have just sat on the outside of this world for so many years. Always looking in and wanting to learn but never taking that leap of faith and doing so as I didn’t believe that I would be very good at it so I never tried.
I have so very much respect for people who practice the craft. I am so eager to learn and I am grateful to be accepted into this community.
I am afraid to admit that I am the total clichè. I have turned to my new path after leaving a toxic relationship for 15 years.
I would like to try and find a sense inner peace after all the torture. I would like help and guidance to heal and move on with my life and understand that I am worth something more than how I was treated. I would like to use skliis that I am taught and things that i learn on my own to help others in any way that I can.
Thank you for all your guidance and acceptance.
Jess

19 Likes

Hello @jessica72,

Welcome to this lovely community. Glad to have you with us, and you have come to the right place to learn and to connect with like minded individuals.

I am Temujin, and I am also from Australia (Melbourne) - you can learn more about me with my introduction.

There’s a few others in Australia as well. I know @TheMuslimWitch is in Sydney and is active here frequently as well.

Looking forward to getting involved in your conversations and getting to know you here.

May you be blessed. Stay strong and keep on working on your inner self to become whatever you desire in this life.

Tem

13 Likes

Thank you so much for your welcome.
I am sending my love to everyone in Melbourne and Sydney with what you are all going through right now. Please stay safe and take care.
I am so very excited to learn and I am so grateful for all within the group that have the time, the patience and wisdom to help me.
Jess

12 Likes

@jessica72 hello and welcome. I’m crystal from Ohio. This is the perfect place to learn and grow. The ppl here are amazing and the information available is awesome. Hope to chat soon

13 Likes

Thank you so much for your welcome. I am so excited to begin and learn. Thank you for accepting me. I hope that I can make the community proud and practice the craft with the respect that it deserves. I know that with the guidance available to me within this wonderful community I can and will do just that.

10 Likes

@jessica72 Hello! Welcome, Jess As soon as I read this I felt deep in my soul that this is no accident you are here! That might sound corny but I truly mean it! So I am glad you are! Stay strong -much love

12 Likes

Thank you so much for your welcome. Already I feel so much more love and acceptance from this community than I have done in a very long time. I do admit it is a little overwhelming as I was so used to being kept in the darkness. But I am grateful that I have found my freedom and my voice. I agree with you things do happen for a reason and I cannot wait to get started.

10 Likes

Hi @jessica72! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia here in the States! Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m glad you have taken that leap of faith needed to not only be here but to leave a toxic relationship. That speaks of great courage and I salute you! If you have any questions about the community or your path, just give a yell and someone will help you out.

We’re a pretty friendly bunch here and you’ll find lots of support. I look forward to getting to know you!

11 Likes

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I am truly grateful for the offers of support. I really am looking forward to moving on with my life, starting again and finding my true self.

11 Likes

Hi @jessica72 and Welcome. My name is Khadija and i live in Sydney so am also an Australian Witch… As @Temujin_Calidius said i am quite active and feel free to join the forums as there is a lot we can learn from others. Just like you i am too a baby witch and have just started my journey since around the time of my Birthday in early August, and i have found that the course are a great place to start as it gave me a foundation to build upon… If you ever need anything of just want to chat i am here and always will to talk :blush:

11 Likes

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. Thank you so much thinking of me and offering a chat. I never have experienced so much care before. It really is overwhelming to feel so welcome and wanted. I am sending all my love to you and all in NSW. Please stay safe and take care.

9 Likes

First of all, welcome to a place where you’ll always be accepted! Sorry for the pain that you’ve endured!!! I’ve been there a couple times. But I’m glad you’re here and I do suggest starting out with the initiation courses because it teaches you all that you need to know!

Take it from there! I love the tea meditation rituals every Thursday. Here’s the link to this past weeks tea time:
https://forum.spells8.com/t/group-ritual-oct-14-growing-your-magick/15090?u=christina4

Hope to see you around!
Blessed be :pray:

9 Likes

Thank you so much for your welcome. I have started the initiation course and it is fantastic.
I did read the post that you made What to do when you wanna work with crystals but you haven't an idea that was brilliant.
Thank you for sharing all that information. I have had an interest in working with crystals for a couple of years now. There is still so much that I can learn and it is so exciting.

7 Likes

I could help teach you because I have a ton of binders with notes from school and lifetime access to the info. It’s awesome!! So, any questions please, please ask!!!

9 Likes

Welcome with Love Jessica. Australia! I’m not sure how to ask this, but, the Aborigines are strong with magic, is there any reading material on the subject? OK, that’s my curiosity.
Jessica, many of us have, or are involved in toxic relationships and unfortunately many others came here sad, angry, depressed.
My relationship was my fault, I enabled his behavior. I kept forgiving him instead saying enough, straighten up or leave.
There are many here who will listen with no judgement or condes-cension. Let us be your safe place, you won’t be sorry. I’ll say that when I joined I was just counting down until I died. These wonderful people gave me a new lease on life. Starting at the beginning with you spells and the knowledge offered.
Be safe, be blessed and know you be loved.

9 Likes

I would be so grateful. I am so new and just hope to soak up everything like (preferably) a sparkly little sponge :blush: I adore crystals and just can’t seem to get enough of them. Just a little bit obessed. As soon as I have bought one I am already planning my next fix. Haha.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for such a beautiful welcome. I too enabled his behaviour for too long and hoped that my love for him would be enough but ultimately he has chosen another so as hard as it is and the temtation to run back to him is so strong. I am fighting through it every day reminding myself of what he has done and what I allowed to happen. He was my first love and I paid a high price for my devotion and loyalty. But I am slowly getting used to my new freedom in all it’s capacities.

To answer your question. Yes you are very right. The first nation peoples of Australia have many ancient wisdoms and magics and revere the earth and utilise her gifts. They have very similar beliefs to Wicca and follow they’re own seasons.

As far as I am aware and and quite possibly in my own ignorance they keep thier traditions within thier own culture and people. But I’m sure that there is material out there.

Sounds like great project to begin some research.

8 Likes

Welcome! As you can see there is many welcoming people here (well everyone is). Spirituality is definitely self healing. I’m glad to see you here!

8 Likes

Hello Jessica. I’m new here too, I’m in the United States. Hope to see you around as we both find our way here. :blush:

8 Likes

I’m Siofra from Cape Cod, I don’t think that we have officially met. I am from Cape Cod & an Eclectic Witch. Everyone here is very supportive & helpful. Feel free to ask any questions as they arise & someone will gladly get back to you & at the very least point you in the right direction. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love all of my crystal babies. I go through phases of obsession. :joy: I was just arranging some of them yesterday. I can’t wait to get them under the full moon this month with my tarot/divination tools & oils. I’m very excited about this one. It’s been a while since I have participated in the Full Moon.

8 Likes