Orange Ritual Salt Recipe?

Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I am trying to plan out my Lughnasadh celebration and was perusing Pinterest and the WWW for ideas. I came across one offering that I really loved but it it included orange ritual salt. I know how to make black salt, but orange? (Or any other color for that matter)

Does anyone have any ideas? It is meant to bring inspirations, joy, fulfillment. I have an idea but wanted to see what everyone else thought or if there was a certain “recipe” out there similar to black salt.

Thanks in advance!!

8 Likes

I’m intrigued! Can’t wait to see what everyone says!

7 Likes

Right? I was “what, we don’t use only black, sea, or Himalayan salt?” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Apparently there is also purple (divination), red (love), blue (creativity/communication), brown (healing/compassion), and green (prosperity/abundance). But I can’t find recipes for any of them. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

@Amaris_Bane
Off the top of my head, I’d say, you could add a drop of food coloring to salt. A tiny bit of colored fruit added to salt. Or A few flakes of orange rind into your salt. Um, um…Out of ideas.
Garnet

6 Likes

I would imagine you could use the zest of a dried orange or powdered orange peel. Given the correspondences with the sun, joy, and inspiration, that’s what makes sense to me :blush:

7 Likes

Thanks I couldn’t remember zest for the life of me. CRS, ya know [can’t remember…um :poop:.]

7 Likes

I can’t mark both as a solution but this is exactly what I was thinking! Orange peel and maybe orange food coloring. I was more trying to make sure that they’re wasn’t a common recipe that I didn’t know about, lol.

In the image I saw, it looked slightly “chunky”, reminded me a bit like a face scrub, so I was thinking of adding a little bit of pulp from an orange as well to give it that slight clumpy texture. And then charge it with solar energy.

Thank you @MeganB and @Garnet!!

7 Likes

You’re welcome! I don’t know of any common recipe but I would be interested in hearing your experiences if you make and use the orange salt :blush: it sounds neat!

7 Likes

I plan to use it as part of my Lughnasadh offering and ritual so I’ll let you know how it goes!

8 Likes

I found that some Himalayan salt is naturally orange. I found an orange salt face scrub…. I was also thinking orange peel.

4 Likes

I made some “solar salt” inspired by Kasandra’s Yuletide Solar Salt 🌞 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Solar Magick - #19 by Jeannie1 recipe … hers is great and my variation has sea salt, himalayan pink salt, orange peel, cinnamon and citrine in it and it has smelled good for several months!

5 Likes

Heres a recipe i found for ya @Amaris_Bane

Hope yall enjoy @MeganB @AileyGrey @mary25

Source: DIY – A Refreshing Orange Bath Salt to Perk You Up!

6 Likes

And u can substitute epsom salt for sea salt. Or leave it as epsom.

4 Likes

Thanks @Mistress_Of_Herbs !!!

4 Likes

@Amaris_Bane u are sooooooo welcome love

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.