Oven-Fried Chicken Salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

Oven-Fried Chicken Salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

active: 20 mins
total: 40 mins
Yield: Serves 6

Ingreditents:

1 cup panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
¼ cup finely chopped pecans
1 teaspoon paprika
2 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
2 large egg whites
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ pounds chicken breast tenders
Olive oil cooking spray
3 romaine lettuce hearts, cut in half lengthwise
3 (1/2-inch-thick) red onion slices (from 1 small onion)
1 ear fresh corn, shucked
½ cup whole buttermilk
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1 cup garlic-butter seasoned croutons
2 ripe avocados, chopped

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 425°F. Place a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Stir together panko, pecans, paprika, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1⁄2 teaspoon of the pepper in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites just until foamy. Place flour in another bowl.

Step 2

Sprinkle chicken with 1⁄2 teaspoon of the salt. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg whites, and dredge in panko mixture, pressing to adhere. Coat chicken on each side with cooking spray; place on a rack. Bake in the preheated oven until done, 20 minutes, turning after 12 minutes. Slice chicken.

Step 3

Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium-high. Coat cut sides of lettuce with cooking spray. Place lettuce, cut side down, on a pan. Grill until marks appear, 3 minutes. Chop lettuce; place in a large bowl. Coat onion slices and corn with cooking spray. Grill onion until marks appear, 3 minutes per side. Grill corn, turning, until charred, 5 minutes. Cut kernels from the cob; discard the cob.

Step 4

Whisk together buttermilk, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 3⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper.

Step 5

Toss together lettuce, tomatoes, and 1⁄4 cup dressing; arrange on a large platter. Top with onion, corn, chicken, bacon, croutons, and avocados. Serve remaining dressing on the side.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

6 Likes

We have been on a breadcrumb fix here lately- chicken, pork chops, tempura, veggies! I guess I was missing Japan a bit :laughing:

I’ve been drying things in oil on the stove, but this oven-fried chicken sounds like a much healthier version!

Thanks for sharing, @Amethyst! :yum:

3 Likes

I guess I need to make a trip in due time
! :blush:

3 Likes

Yum :yum: this sounds delicious as ever!!!

3 Likes

This sounds good! I may have to try it this week! I love using Panko too!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I thought the pecans in with the breadcrumbs were an interesting touch.

Glad you like it, sweetie!

Let us know how it turns out! I’m not one for romaine but the chicken tender part of this sounds lovely! Glad you liked it!

2 Likes