Please I reach out to you all today for guidance into Wicca and everything it’s about. I am a good witch. I just haven’t ever put time into myself or my interest

Hello, I’m super new to this sight and everything it’s about. I’ve always had interest in the moon, crystals and of course the spells but not as much as I have Developed an interest in the cards and meditation. I know this is for me I feel it and now I’m finally asking for any guidance and tips you might have for me… knowledge please teach me.

16 Likes

Hello Tammy, I am new also. If you have specific questions just ask and someone will answer or guide you to the info on this site. Everyone is very helpful and nice. Welcome!

11 Likes

Hi @tammie3! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Have you found the Courses yet? Those will give you a great start on what you want to learn. There’s a whole series on Meditation and @Francisco is adding to the Tarot course all the time.

If you have any questions, about them or anything else, just ask and someone will help you out.

I look forward to getting to know you better as you go about learning!

14 Likes

Welcome Tammy! I’m Christine and I live in Tennessee. There is so much information here with the courses, and all the printable pages for your Book of Shadows, and of course, many knowledgeable people on this sight that can help on your path.

Blessed Be

12 Likes

@tammie3 hello and welcome. I’m so glad you found your way here. There is lots of information available and a coven full of helpful knowledgeable witches to help you along your path. If you have any questions just ask and someone will help you.

12 Likes

Hi Tammie! The courses are awesome and try tackling the weekly challenges! The @TheTravelWitch always includes at least one easy thing to try and you will learn so much from reading the other responses and trying things. I would also recommend you try doing the daily rituals (you don’t have to do them daily) because this is an easy way to familiarize yourself with the corresondences that are the backbone of many spellls. Good luck spells are a good place to start as they are easy and hard to mess up.

10 Likes

Welcome :relaxed: I’m Christina and.y suggestion would be to begin with the courses that @Amethyst provided. Take it from there. Start small and work your way up. Maybe practice one topic a week or few days or so. We all started out from the bottom. Let me tell you a little secret, we all learn something new, even after practicing for years!

10 Likes

Thank you ladies, I feel so welcome already. My sister past away from cancer and after the service I just slept. Where can I find the materials for a full set up? I learn better using the hands on method.

9 Likes

Hi @tammie3 Most of the warm and happy Welcome!

So we have some boutiques here on the site. The girls can share the links with you and also you have Amazon, ebay… Maybe it could be handy for you if you look for any Witches store in your area.

You will need crystals. Sigils (the ones you need or attracted to). You might want to deep into Mediumship with Tarot deck. There is a variety. You will need candles. Different colors for each element and magic type. You also need herbs. On the Courses section, you will learn how to do your list by fulfilling your needs. You might also want to have a tiny library for yourself. Also start with Kindle.

Learn about the Wiccan Rede. It’s essential before starting your spells casting. Watch YouTube witches devotional posts and look how they practice their spells.

Casting a circle
Meditation
are important courses you should look for. You will need a spirit specific or Deity specific Too. To guide you and work with you!

Good luck already! May you have the best experience here. :clinking_glasses:

10 Likes

Hiya @tammie3,

A very warm welcome to you from Perth, Australia. So happy to have you here with us and that you have reached out to the coven.

I promise you that you have come to the right place. You will meet some of the most amazing people. I have been lucky enough to make some truly wonderful friends.

If you ever have any questions, please just reach out here and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

Looking forward to getting to know you and learning right along with you,

Jess

8 Likes

Good morning! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod!

I know that the courses have been recommended & I can’t get behind that enough. The courses set my whole journey & sense of community here into motion. It’s easy to learn & grow to your full potential when you have daily support here for you. :two_hearts:

Everyone here is very friendly & supportive. If you have any questions feel free to ask or to jump in on any post that is of interest to you. Someone will get back to you & either has an answer or get you pointed in the right direction.

Tomorrow we will have a new Merry Meet Monday post that will give you an idea of some of the things going on in the world & here in the forum for the week.

I hope you were able to enjoy the start of the full moon this weekend. :full_moon:

5 Likes

I made runes yesterday. I bought some black rocks from dollar tree. I have a rock identifier on my phone and it turns out they are black tourmaline. I bought a gold metallic marker (also at dollar tree) and marked the runes. Whole set $2 and they turned out beautifully. You don’t have to spend alot of money on your supply and you probably have alot of herbs in your kitchen already.

6 Likes

There are plenty of great courses and especially for the Tarot​:+1::grinning: But take your time and don’t worry about finishing these courses right away……we live in a mundane world and sometimes we just can’t do a lot of things we would love to do. Good luck :heart:

5 Likes

Hi, Im from the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. If you’re looking for knowledge, this is the place! Don’t feel like you have to rush out and spend lots of money. If you have a dollar store near you, white candles are usually available there and white candles can be substituted for any color. Work with what you have. Over time, you will build a collection of tools. Some of them you can make yourself. Wands, pendulums, pentacles etc, can all be fashioned from things you already have. You may already have herbs that you will need. Believe me, I understand the excitement and wanting to dive in! But I think everyone here would agree that we are all still learning, even though we may have learned much already. Read, check out the courses as other have said, participate in the forum when you feel like it, meditate, pursue what you feel drawn to…and before you know it, you will know…that you are a practicing witch!

EDIT: did you know that there is a Tarot deck in the courses that you can download and print?

7 Likes

BlockquoteWhere can I find the materials for a full set up? I learn better using the hands on method.

Hey Tammie, I hear you, I like to dive right in, too! Here’s what I recommend you have on hand for your first spells. This is what I keep in my travel kit! Keep in mind you can do a lot with salt, rosemary, a quartz crystal and a white candle and your intentions and good energy.

• Crystals: clear quartz, rose quartz, green aventurine, tiger eye, blue sodalite, golden citrine, red jasper or carnelian, amethyst, black tourmaline and selenite. You can buy these in nut-sized smooth nuggets (tumbled stones) for about $1 a piece at a metaphysical store or crystal shop. The crystals at Five Below are usually fakes.
  • Incense: cinnamon, dragon’s blood, sandalwood. You can buy this at Five Below or a crystal or metaphysical shop.
  • Candles: black, white, red, green, blue, yellow, pink, purple. You can also use just white tea candles starting out or even birthday candles. You can get candles at Dollar Tree. You can buy chime candles (small candles) for about a $1 each at metaphysical shops.
  • Spices/herbs: use what you have in your cabinet or buy at Dollar Tree, discount stores, grow your own, etc. Salt is just about the most important. Other useful ones that are inexpensive and easy to obtain: garlic cloves, honey, rosemary, cinnamon, basil, bay leaves, whole cloves (lBadia herbs are inexpensive). When you buy roses, save the petals and dry them (don’t eat them); same for strawberry leaves, orange rind, mint, dandelion, marigold, etc. I dry them and put them in plastic bags.
  • When you are ready to graduate to more herbs, I found that Etsy is a good resource. sometimes the ones at metaphysical stores are good quality and sometimes they are not. Read the reviews. Some herbs are notoriously buggy. You will probably want eventually some white sage or a white sage bundle, mugwort, lavender, hyssop, yarrow, angelica, rue, etc. But you can do loads of spells with more common herbs.
  • Herbal teas - chamomile, peppermint, hibiscus (Badia for hibiscus).
    Altar Tools:
  • Altar - can be any surface, a desktop, coffee table or dresser top for now.
  • Pentacle - you can make this yourself. Get a small wood circle from the craft store (less than a dollar) and create a Pentacle with markers.
  • Chalice - I often use a liqueur glass I found in a thrift store.
  • Athame: Typically a two sided knife for spiritual cutting only; usually with a black handle. Mine is this envelope opener I found at Walmart. It’s a $1.32 and you can always paint designs on the handle with a silver paint pen.
  • Cauldron. They are usually iron and have 3 legs. This one has smudge cups with it and is a good deal for $16. This is where you really want to get something safe as you may be burning stuff in it.
  • God and goddess representations - I used stones I painted for this until I got my altar stone. Some for sun and moon representations.
  • Save small jars with lids (olives, jelly, etc.) and wash for using later in jar spells, making moon water, sun water, storm water and storing items.
  • shell, feather (craft section)
  • you can easily make your own wand - mine started life as a paper straw :slight_smile:
  • matches or lighter (I have also used electric tealights I painted different colors in hotel rooms or places where burning was not practical)
  • Offering plate - can be small
  • Incense burner - Discount stores, Five Below, metaphysical shops. You
    can get a decent one for a dollar or two.
    For divination (fortune-telling) and other types of spells:
    * Tarot cards: I am very fond of my pack of mini Tarot cards. They are so portable and easy to shuffle.
  • A small, hand-sized mirror (check the craft section) is useful for spells.
  • You can order a pendulum from Wal-Mart in your choice of stone and make your own pendulum board with a larger wooden circle from the craft store.
  • A non-reflective black bowl for scrying. Target has one for 75 cents. It is plastic but it makes a really good scrying bowl because it is matte.
  • A compass is useful for finding the directions (North, South, East, West) or your phone may have an app.
    Those little tulle drawstring bags that people use for favors? In the baby shower section of Dollar Tree? Those make great sachets. You put spices, crystals, paper, etc. in them. You can put them under a pillow. All kinds of spells.
  • Some people use a bell. I have a tiny one in my kit. Check the craft section or thrift stores.
  • Some people use a candle snuffer.
    You can use natural things you find like oak leaves, acorns, pinecones, pine springs, cedar, holly, bones (cleaned well), feathers (I use craft ones b/c of bird lice).

8 Likes

Oh @mary25 , this is fantastic!

I’d like to add: don’t be afraid to shop around! Prices can vary, and sometimes things on Etsy can be more expensive than Walmart by $20-40. Im not running down Etsy - Ive gotten some great things from there! If there isn’t a witchy store near you ( my nearest is 30-40 minutes one way) there is always Amazon. Its not my preferred source, but I did get a supply of different colored candles for $10-15. Also, sometimes there are free ebooks that have very basic spell info - magical clearing, cleansing, protection and such. Lisa Chamberlain has a few ebooks for free. There 's nothing magical about overpaying.

@tammie3 , everybody here has been where you are, and we’ll have so much info that it might get overwhleming. Over time, you’ll learn what sources are best for you. Mary25 has given you a great list to work with! If you have any questions about where to get magickal
supplies that haven’t been covered here, just ask. Etsy and amazon have witch kits and such, but they are pricy. Ooh, do you have a Goodwill near you? Lots of things there can be re-purposed! Anyway, welcome and ask for help if you need it!

6 Likes

@mary25 got me thinking about all my gear! You can get little jars with corks lids from etsy 5 for $1! Okay, I’ll be quiet now.

6 Likes

Man, I love those little jars! :slight_smile: Anything miniature or small, I just really like for some reason. I think it goes back to being a little girl and playing with dollhouses, maybe

7 Likes

Merry meet @tammie3 :blush:

You have many wonderful areas of magickal interest- I’m confident in saying that you’ve come to the right place! Between the courses and many forum discussions, you are sure to be able to continue to grow your knowledge as well as share your passion with fellow magick-lovers. We are blessed to have you here! :sparkles:

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. I can see that others have kindly shared lots of wonderful resources and advice! I’m not sure what kind of spellwork in specific you are looking for, but I personally recommend the Farewell Ritual and Prayer for the Departed- both are powerful spells that do not require many complicated ingredients.

Sending love and light your way, and looking forward to talking with you more soon! Many blessings, Tammie :heart:

6 Likes

Hey, Miss Tammie, Welcome to our Coven/Site.
Sorry I couldn’t spend more time on my first message. By asking, 'teach me, show me everything. That is a really big mind full.

1. Don’t break the bank buying your equipment(believe me, Magick was never the sport of kings.)Wands? Find a sweet twig that calls to you, about 18" long and follow “How to make a wand” on this site.’
  2. cheap candles at the $ store. This store is a life saver. Holiday sales should be coming up and Christmas stuff can be repurposed for most of your altar. Candle holders, offering bowls, etc.
  3. Crystals, just a few basic stones and they can be as small as your little fingernail, they don’t need to be huge.
  4. An Athame is a decorative, ceremonial knife. A pocket knife is good enough to cut plants for potions, spells, etc.
  5. Your male/female Deity? Find a a pretty stone, paint a representation of your God and Goddess, or even a male female symbol.
  6. Altar cloth, pick out a pretty piece of cloth from anywhere and there you have it.
    Sorry, got to go, Rich is calling.
    Garnet
6 Likes