Positive thoughts needed again please

I’ve decided to stop drinking for a while.

I’ve always had somewhat of a close and difficult relationship with alcohol. But I managed Dry January and felt better in myself for it. And I’m slightly cross that I’ve fallen back into bad habits afterwards.

So this is Dry Second Half of July and we’ll see how it goes from here.

Recommendations of spells for addictions would be much appreciated.

16 Likes

I know amethyst is great for addiction!!! I know it can be hard just admitting that you have a problem. You’re very brave!!

This one looks to be my favorite…

Healing does take time and slip ups are part of recovery. But don’t use it as an excuse. We’re all here for you!!! What’s not to love about you!!!???
I’ll make a healing grid for you, as well as pray :two_hearts:

EDIT:
The Greek word “amethystos” may be translated as “not drunken”, from Greek a-, “not” + methustos, “intoxicated”. Amethyst was considered to be a strong antidote against drunkenness, which is why wine goblets were often carved from it.

11 Likes

I don’t have any spell recommendations but I wish you the best of luck! You can do it :partying_face:

9 Likes

I’m sorry that I don’t have any recommendations for spells to help, but I am very proud of you for taking on this journey. You can do this, I’m behind you all the way!

9 Likes

Good vibes and light coming your way. I highly recommend meditating on that.

Blessed be and good luck :purple_heart:

9 Likes

I don’t know of any spells I’m afraid, but I’m rooting for you! I know you can do it!

7 Likes

Is not a spell, but a change on your wording and way of thinking from; we’ll see how it goes.
To, it’ll go better than before. Understanding that is for your own good, health wise talking.
From us to send to you @IrisW positive vibes, prayers and all good to you, so you can have the strength to overcome to that habit.

9 Likes

Iris, I did dry January this year and now I’m doing dry July (I made it up) because I felt once a year is not enough, so every 6 months makes sense. I am 100% with you on this one.

Use the advice Christina gave you, or research on spells to break bad habits or other ways to banish the behavior.

One way is to make a spell bag with rue and yarrow, add some sea salt for protection and an amethyst stone. Whenever you feel the pressure or need to drink, focus on the bag and breathe in its essence.

Ultimately, only you know whether or not your habit is in fact a problem. Please seek help if you even have a hint that you may need it!

12 Likes

Knowing Amethyst is good for addictions, I’ve bought this pendant from Amazon.

14 Likes

I know your struggles and am rooting for you. I also struggle with the same addiction. Thanks for sharing it encouraged me to open up. You can do this!!!

8 Likes

That is beautiful! I don’t know any spells but am cheering for you and sending you lots of loving energy. Addiction/bad habits are hard to break. I love @pedros10 suggestion of changing the way you word things. You got this!

7 Likes

@IrisW lovely pendant! I am behind you, I believe that you can overcome this. Should you need to reach out please don’t hesitate! :heart:

7 Likes

That’s awesome @IrisW! That should help you a lot along your journey. If you need anything besides the good vibes being sent, let me know!

6 Likes

You’ve got this. I know it’s a hard habit to break. When you start craving that drink of alcohol, try a class of ginger ale instead. You can even make your own ginger syrup and charge it with the healing and bad habit breaking energies you need. Then add it to 7Up or seltzer. I’ve done this for a multitude of reasons and it’s a very versatile syrup.

10 Likes

That’s beautiful!!! And may it bring sobriety and health and happiness to you!!! :heart_eyes::heartbeat:

5 Likes

Gosh that’s freaking gorgeous.

7 Likes

Really happy with it in person too. It’s got some lovely variation in colour.

13 Likes

Hmm, you could try a cord cutting spell or even work some dragon magick. I think working with dragons is part of the reason I myself have been able to cut back on my consumption of soda. Now, when I think about buying or drink some soda, I think to myself, “meh, maybe in a few days or next week.”
One thing I have to recommend is, don’t quit cold turkey, since you could have bad side effects. Not sure what beverage you could drink as a substitute. Maybe fruit juice if you tend to drink fruit flavored alcoholic beverages. :thinking:
Wish you all the best of luck on quitting! You got this! :muscle:

9 Likes

Sooo… I used to drink A LOT more than I do now. Especially on a hockey night or the weekends, days that end in “y”.

I started coloring, crochet, knitting, & basically keeping my hands busy. Instead of a drink I would grab a soda or a flavored water. It would take me forever to drink them because I was focused on what I was doing & doing it right. It kept my mind from going to the drink in the kitchen & I made some pretty nice things for friends & family!

I don’t know if this will help, but crocheting the hats reminded me that was something that kept my mind off it.

7 Likes

Part of the reason I’m doing it. Just trying to keep myself occupied!

7 Likes