Potentially silly question of the day

What do you do with the boxes that your tarot cards come in if you’ve decided to store them elsewhere.

I’ve got several sets of cards and some of them I’m now storing in boxes or pouches rather than the box they came in. Is it ok to throw away the box or should I keep it or…? Is there etiquette for this?

9 Likes

I just use them for other things to put in them. I don’t think there’s a proper etiquette. I have so many though!! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

When I had my bookshelf, my shelf was deeper than my books so I would put my tarot boxes behind the books. Out of sight out of mind, right? I like to hold on to my boxes because I have only so many pouches and when I feel like switching out a deck I know the other ones have been safe in the boxes the whole time.

8 Likes

If you have no need for them anymore I don’t see a problem in tossing the box :woman_shrugging:t3: you could use them for other things like Christina said, too!

6 Likes

I keep them so if I don’t use them, I can put them back in their pretty box.

6 Likes

That’s a really good idea! I hate making double rows of books🤦🏼‍♀️

7 Likes

Great question, @IrisW! Tarot boxes are gorgeous and I’m a hoarder when it comes to pretty things :joy: I’ve kept mine but I also don’t have so many decks that it would be an issue haha.

I love @praecog29’s idea of keeping them but putting them to use- that way they’re there if you want them, but are still helping out. And @Christina4 has a good suggestion- you could store spell ingredients or crystals in the boxes! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thank everyone, some really good suggestions. I think I’ll keep them but repurpose them :slight_smile:

7 Likes